Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #796
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Apparently they let her out of the hospital, legally they couldn't prove danger to herself/others any longer. But the conservatorship is still in place.
She is still obviously bat-shit crazy. It's only a matter of time until she's a danger to herself and others again.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #797
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Oh I agree, but that's the way those 5150 things are set up. I don't see how it can turn around for her unless her parents can somehow get her in a long term facility of some kind for starters and get certain people out of her life for good. It's like a catch 22, she would probably have to do something so bad that by that time it would be too late.

Why Britney Spears Was Released Early | Britney Spears
Britney Spears was released early from UCLA Medical Center's psych ward because a court representative found "no just cause" for the hold, a source tells PEOPLE.

The doctor overseeing Spears's care had wanted her to stay, (as did her parents), but the decision was overridden by the court representative, the source said.

The source said that the doctor who was vetoed was not Spears's psychiatrist Dr. Deborah Nadel, but another attending doctor at UCLA. Once Nadel issued the singer's 72-hour hold at UCLA, Nadel was not involved in Spears's hospitalization, the source said.

The decision followed regular procedure for any patient on a 14-day hold.

The procedure calls for a hearing at the hospital to find out whether the hold is justified. The rep for the court, called a "hearing referee" – who is usually a lawyer – interviews the patient and doctor to determine if there's "just cause" for detainment.

"This is when law and medicine collide," says attorney Terry K. Wasserman, who's not involved in the Spears matter, "when a lawyer can override a doctor's opinion."

Old 02-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #798
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:25 AM
This is from TMZ.

The following statement was released to CNN's Anderson Cooper by Jamie and Lynne Spears, Britney's parents:

"As parents of an adult child in the throws (sic) of a mental health crisis, we were extremely disappointed this morning to learn that over the recommendation of her treating psychiatrist, our daughter Britney was released from the hospital that could best care for her and keep her safe. We are deeply concerned about our daughter's safety and vulnerability and we believe her life is presently at risk. There are conservatorship orders in place created to protect our daughter that are being blatantly disregarded. We ask only that the court's orders be enforced so that a tragedy may be averted."
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #799
ONE
love, blood, life

This is amazing
Old 02-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #800
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:25 AM
When is this going to end?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #801
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 12:25 AM
It will end tragically I'm afraid and that is so so so sad.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #802
Blue Crack Addict

i sure hope not... Now seems that her father is making a valid attempt to get her better or better situation. I just hope the law works in his favor now for her sake..
Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #803
Blue Crack Overdose

She is still talking in that stupid accent! WTF is wrong with her?!! Seems like she is desperately trying to find legal counsel to help break the conservatorship.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #804
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:25 AM
i want my britney shpears box set!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #805
Blue Crack Overdose

Somebody is going to get hurt and hurt bad in the swarming paps following Britney's every move and that is going to be a very sad sad thing.

If everyone ignored her maybe she'd grow up and stop the madness!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #806
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The latest Rolling Stones issue is all about Britney's breakdown. It claims her father was a drug addict, and that her management controlled every aspect of her life, including her relationship with Justin Timberlake.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...britney_spears

http://music.aol.com/news/story/_a/t...06124109990001

I honestly don't want to see an RS issue about any tragedy happening to Britney. I really hope she - somehow - comes out of this. But she appears to be surrounded by the wrong people.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #807
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
She is still talking in that stupid accent! WTF is wrong with her?!! Seems like she is desperately trying to find legal counsel to help break the conservatorship.
Isn't it obvious from most of the posts about her? She has a mental illness. What her parents need to do is take her back to Louisiana and get her the hell away from where she is right now. That Sam Lufti guy is a creep and her "bf" Adnan needs to go away.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #808
ONE
love, blood, life

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/...britney_spears

Good news in that article! As for all the bad press Britney's parents are getting in regards to the Rolling Stone article and others, I think it's very unfair. I think the media are desperate to pin the blame for their pop princess' behavior on someone. This wasn't supposed to happen to the beautiful, talented star they built her up to be. There was never any evidence or report about the supposed terrible parenting of Jamie and Lynn Spears until the past year. When Britney was at the height of her fame they never seemed like the pushy stage parents or people trying to ride on her fame and money. They weren't out partying with her like Dina Lohan does, nor do I recall hearing about her partying hard during her late teens when she was so successful. Her dad has his own catering business in LA now and doesn't take any money from her. I've never heard of her mother doing so either. Lynn Spears was a teacher until Britney was about 18 or 19, and then she started touring with Britney. I'm sure they made their mistakes like all parents do, but they've always seemed to have their children's best needs at heart. Raising a daughter who's the biggest pop star in the world is probably very different than raising a daughter who's a normal college student. Britney's mental illness is just that, an illness. It's no different than a physical problem. It's not the fault of her parents or Britney; it is a result of a chemical and psychological disorder the latter of which was likely caused by the extreme fame and pressure Britney has been under since she was 17.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #809
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Thanks for the article. I hope when Britney's father does fire that bastard of a manager, the manager will actually stay away!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #810
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
Thanks for the article. I hope when Britney's father does fire that bastard of a manager, the manager will actually stay away!
Her "manager" right now is Sam Lutfi, I believe. They already have a restraining order against him that was granted after Lynn filed papers talking about all the crazy things he's done to Britney. He is basically hiding out to avoid being served the papers, so techincally he could still see Britney and not get in trouble by claiming he doesn't have the order yet.