Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #676
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:08 AM
Re: forgive me, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

. maybe she's bi-polar. maybe she's suffering from post-partum.
Post-partum is a good thought.....it seems she has really spiralled downward since the 2nd child arrived...If she has bi-polar tendencies, the post-partum maybe could have been more intense.....It really is sad at this point..I hope someone can gain control over the situation

Old 01-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #677
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Re: forgive me, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i doubt it took this pageant mother much convincing
Dr. Phil must have outbid OK magazine

Old 01-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #678
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Re: Re: forgive me, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay

Post-partum is a good thought.....it seems she has really spiralled downward since the 2nd child arrived...If she has bi-polar tendencies, the post-partum maybe could have been more intense.....It really is sad at this point..I hope someone can gain control over the situation

Maybe, just maybe her maternal instincts are kicking in and it pained her to know she had to give her children up again. All I can say is when I Was going through my divorce, I fought my Ex tooth and nail (he was a cheating rat bastard not to mention a horrible father, liar, rotten person and Disneyland Dad) only to be told that I HAD to give my son up for visitation and over Christmas. I thought I would crawl out of my skin I was so upset and beside myself. It was so hard to do, handing my son over to his idiot father in a parking lot on Christmas Eve knowing I wouldn't see him again for TWO WHOLE DAYS. It was the longest 2 days of my life and the worst holiday EVER!

So maybe giving up her boys pushed her over the edge. (I am just giving her a wee bit of the benefit of the doubt here!)
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #679
New Yorker

Just saw a commercial stating that Dr. Phil will be on the Early show tomorrow AM to discuss his visit with Britney

what an ASSHOLE!!! can people not see through what this jerk is really up to?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #680
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:08 AM
^ He is just as bad as everyone else who wants a piece of her.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #681
Blue Crack Addict

Psychiatrists Slam Phil, Cedars
Posted Jan 6th 2008 6:25PM by TMZ Staff

Eight psychiatrists tell TMZ they are shocked Cedars Sinai Medical Center let Dr. Phil go up to Britney Spears' room without her prior knowledge or consent.

The shrinks had various things to say about Dr. Phil's visit to Brit's room, but the theme was unified -- that the hospital should not allow any doctor who does not have in-patient privileges into a patient's room, unless that patient has given prior consent. TMZ has learned Britney had no idea Dr. Phil was coming to her room and indeed when he walked in she became agitated and walked out. She eventually came back in and he pretty much did all the talking for around 15 minutes.

One psychiatrist called it "intrusive and inappropriate." Another shrink told us the hospital "is supposed to be a safe place. If the patient doesn't want to see someone, that person doesn't get in -- period."

Another shrink, who said he was "outraged and disgusted," added, "It is incredible that the hospital allowed Dr. Phil in her room. It's a total violation of her rights."

One doc surmised bluntly the hospital was "star struck" and let the TV doctor's profile override its judgment.

We're told early yesterday the show wanted to book Brit for a TV intervention that is being taped on Monday. We're told she wants nothing to do with it, and the show will not have her on. We're also told Brit's parents, who wanted Dr. Phil to visit Britney, had agreed at least initially to be on the program.

One shrink said splashing a private medical matter on TV and saying it's an intervention -- especially without the proper medical diagnosis -- is no way to run a railroad.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #682
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
[B]Psychiatrists Slam Phil, Cedars
Posted Jan 6th 2008 6:25PM by TMZ Staff

We're told early yesterday the show wanted to book Brit for a TV intervention that is being taped on Monday. We're told she wants nothing to do with it, B]

the first intelligent decision she's made for a long time.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #683
Blue Crack Overdose

Oy vey
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
He is just as bad as everyone else who wants a piece of her
Yes indeed. If he actually cared one iota about her he never would have handled it in that way and it would be private, not made for tv. It's disgusting.

Britney Tested Free of Alcohol, Drugs

Britney Spears tested free of illegal drugs and alcohol during her two-night stay at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a reliable source tells PEOPLE.

"She tested clean," the source says. "This lady is as clean as clean can be, and has been for some time."

The source adds the pop star never threatened suicide during the four-hour standoff at her Studio City home Jan. 3, saying such rumors were "bullshit."

Spears, 26, was hospitalized early the morning of Jan. 4 under California's "5150 Hold," in which she was deemed a danger to herself or others and could be held for 72 hours for evaluation. Based on officers' observations at the scene, police said she appeared to be "under the influence of an unknown substance."

Two separate sources who are acquaintances of the family tell PEOPLE they believe the singer has an undiagnosed bipolar disorder. One of those sources says Spears has "suffered from a psychological disease for years."

Spears left the hospital on Saturday, well before the 72 hours. Patients can be released early if doctors determine they no longer require treatment or evaluation.

"The 5150 legality is very loose," says Dr. Nathan Kuemmerle, a West Hollywood psychiatrist. "The 72 hours are not firm. All it requires is an ER psychiatrist to release the patient. ... If Britney isn't suicidal or homicidal, she doesn't need to be hospitalized."
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #685
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 AM
I seriously can't believe Dr. Phil is involved in this now! I'm sure there are other doctors out there better than this tool. Britney's family are trash. I want to feel sorry for her, but I still can't because she has so many resources available for her to clean up her act and she still won't.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #686
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
I seriously can't believe Dr. Phil is involved in this now! I'm sure there are other doctors out there better than this tool. Britney's family are trash. I want to feel sorry for her, but I still can't because she has so many resources available for her to clean up her act and she still won't.
Well Dr Phil has a lot of trailer trash folks and their issues on his show so it makes sense he'd want to get all up in Brit's bizness.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #687
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 AM
You seriously can't make this stuff up! This is crazier than any soap opera.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #688
Blue Crack Addict

MSNBC News Services
updated 3:05 p.m. ET, Mon., Jan. 7, 2008

LOS ANGELES - Television’s “Dr. Phil” McGraw has pulled the plug on plans for a one-hour show that was to examine Britney Spears’ latest public meltdown.

Celebrity Web site TMZ.com had reported on Sunday that Spears’ parents were scheduled to appear on the show Tuesday.

In a statement posted Monday on his Web site, McGraw said the 26-year-old pop star’s situation was “too intense” for him to go forward with the show. He didn’t say whether he planned to reschedule.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #689
ONE
love, blood, life

Hhahaha Dr Phil! This is the best celebrity news story of the year!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #690
New Yorker

Oh, Dr. Phil