Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #571
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416

from People.com:

Lynne Spears's Parenting Book 'Delayed Indefinitely'
TUESDAY DECEMBER 18, 2007 10:15 PM EST

By Marisa Laudadio

Lynne Spears's book about raising her famous daughters Britney and Jamie Lynn has been put on hold, the publisher confirms to PEOPLE.

"The book is delayed indefinitely. It's delayed, not cancelled," says a spokeswoman for Thomas Nelson, which publishes inspirational books and Bibles.

It had been scheduled for a spring 2008 release and was put on hold last week, says the rep. On Tuesday, news hit that 16-year-old Jamie Lynn is pregnant with her boyfriend's child.

Publishers' Weekly described the book as "Lynne Spears's personal story of raising high-profile children while coming from a low-profile Louisiana community."

The publisher declined to comment on whether the focus of the book would change in light of the pregnancy announcement.

"We are standing behind Lynn at this time and understand that she needs time with her family – we support that," says the spokeswoman.
Parenting advice from this woman? You don't need to read this book, just drink a lot and ignore your kids, you'll get the same exact results... well with a lot less money.

Maybe Jessica Simpson's parents should write the book, they have two showbiz kids, but with a lot less trainwreckage... well not as much. Just don't let the creepy dad talk about Jessica's breasts.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Parenting advice from this woman? You don't need to read this book, just drink a lot and ignore your kids, you'll get the same exact results... well with a lot less money.

Maybe Jessica Simpson's parents should write the book, they have two showbiz kids, but with a lot less trainwreckage... well not as much. Just don't let the creepy dad talk about Jessica's breasts.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #573
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 PM
I tried to get on the OK site, I can't. So it looks like OK will make beaucoup bucks even with what they must have paid them. The cover does say the mother and Jamie Lynn both talked to them for the story.

Did someone say she was living with the guy? Where did it say that?

TMZ says OK didn't pay them for the story but will pay a million for baby pics

Just how did the deal go down? Rewind. Sources close to Britney's family tell TMZ it all started when Britney melted down on an OK! Magazine photo shoot. Britney's mom, Lynne, read the article (who didn't?!) and called OK! personally to thank them "for handling it so well." She stayed in touch with OK!, and called them this week when she learned that news of Jamie's pregnancy was about to break. Her only requirement? Keep Britney out of it. This is about Jamie Lynn. "She trusted them to do it in a way that would be sympathetic to her daughter," our source says.

We're told Jamie and mom did not want money, but OK! has agreed to pay $1 million to the younger Spears for a photo shoot when the child is born. Why so little when others have commanded several million? We're told it's because Jamie Lynn is not an international star and it's not worth it to the mag to pay big bucks for something they can't sell overseas.

Another interesting note: We hear Jamie is further along than the 12 weeks she says in the mag's article. Expect a spring baby.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #574
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Rumours are the real father is a senior producer on the show
Old 12-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
originally posted by Mrs Springsteen
Another interesting note: We hear Jamie is further along than the 12 weeks she says in the mag's article. Expect a spring baby.
I just remembered that there were rumors about this a while ago, like around September or October. If that is how far back the story goes, then she really is far along.

This is really sad. 16 is far too young to be a mother.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #576
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I agree with Pearl, it's very sad. Ever since Brittney went downhill I think there was a lot of pressure on Jaime to be perfect in a sense and not follow in Brittney's footsteps. So, undoubtedly it's disappointing to hear that at 16 she's pregnant. If it's true that she was living with the boyfriend, what the hell is wrong with mother Spears!?

I must say though, personality wise comparing her to her sister, I think Jaime Lynn even at 16 will probably be more mature in handling this than her sister.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #577
Blue Crack Addict

What a messed up family. All I can do is feel sorry for the kids.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #578
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I just remembered that there were rumors about this a while ago, like around September or October. If that is how far back the story goes, then she really is far along.
Enquirer published this story on July 28th, which could make here 5 months along, 8 more weeks than she says in the article. Filming on the show wraps january 4th.

u2fp
Old 12-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie

National Enquirer broke the news back in mid 07 and this is the angry letter they received:

"Ms. Spears is a devout Christian with a spotless reputation, who lives in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards in accordance with her faith.
There is no “rumor concerning Ms. Spears' (non-existent) pregnancy, except perhaps for the baseless rumor just now being created by the National Enquirer.
Ms. Spears is not pregnant. It is pathetic for the National Enquirer to attempt to create a wholly baseless rumor that Ms. Spears is pregnant, so it can run a malicious story and false story which would be emotionally devastating to a morally upright 16 year old girl."
Old 12-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

"Ms. Spears is a devout Christian with a spotless reputation, who lives in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards in accordance with her faith.
As soon as I read something like that I'm almost certain that the rumors are true. Sad.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #581
Refugee

Local Time: 04:14 PM
If the Enquirer story was true, JL would be more like 6 months along by now. I think it was just a coincidence. Tabloids like that report so many false stories, eventually one or two of them will come true.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #582
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Where was the lawsuit?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #583
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Dang, if every celebrity sued every tabloid over every incorrect story ... well, that'd be a lot of suin' going on.

I don't necessarily think she's further along than they're reporting now. I tend to think the Enquirerererererer got it wrong before, and now, coincidentally, she's pregnant.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #584
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Unless a photo of JLS turns up this week, then the Enquirer story COULD have been true.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #585
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Yeah, I guess we'll see as soon as a paparazzi snaps her picture. Does she look 5/6 months pregnant?