Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:42 AM
I agree with you zoots. I'm guessing that Brit is probably around 5'6" probably weighs around 130 pounds.

That would give her a bmi somewhere around 21. That's great shape.

I'm just saying that our society has gotten so heavy that I'm shocked what people call 'in shape'.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #362
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
America's ridiculous obsession (probably the whole world's obsession!) with skinny celebs is beyond me. There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy! Other than the WTF strip club attire, Britney looked fine on stage at the VMAs.
Well said, Zoots

Old 09-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy! Other than the WTF strip club attire, Britney looked fine on stage at the VMAs.
Interestingly, most of the men I've talked to agree.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #364
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Say what you will about the outcome, Britney Spears' VMA performance was one of the most-anticipated ones in years. But think how much bigger it would have been had it been billed as Spears taking the stage with former flame Justin Timberlake to perform together. Huge, right? Well, Timbaland — who claims to have nearly collaborated with the singer in the past — says Brit has quashed any chance of a JT collabo taking place anytime soon.

The super-producer told MTV News during VMA weekend that a prospective team-up between the two would be "the best thing that ever happened" and would "help her out a whole lot." But he then dismissed the possibility, saying in so many words that Brit has become big-headed and had dissed him and Justin. "It'll never happen. Nah. It could've, but it won't."

Timbaland previously said he got close to working with the singer, telling Entertainment Weekly in March, "I just want to take her away, go overseas and work [it] out. ... I asked Justin, 'How would you feel about me working with Britney?' ... 'Would you do it with me?' " Timbaland told the magazine that JT was willing to get involved at the time. "She's just gotta be serious."

Now Timbo has even more advice to give her about getting her career back on track. "She needs a story," he said. "She has no comeback story. That's the problem. She has to have a team. She needs to come back with Justin doing records; [then we'd see headlines like,] 'She went back to her ex and she's making smashes.' [But instead she got] so big-headed and [was] like, 'Screw you, screw you, I don't need nobody.' "

So is there any chance for Spears to rectify the situation and possibly work with Timberlake and Timbaland? Yes, says the super-producer — if she apologizes.

"She should humble herself and make a phone call and say, 'I'm sorry.' She knows what she's sorry about," Tim said. "She needs to say, 'I was wrong,' and it'll definitely move forward. ... That's all she has to say."
All this Timbaland/Timberlake stuff is real hard to follow. Which is which? And what kind of boots do they where?

Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #365
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
America's ridiculous obsession (probably the whole world's obsession!) with skinny celebs is beyond me. There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy!
My hip bones don't stick out, I fail at being sexy
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 AM   #366
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:42 PM
I've just watched the performance on YouTube. Britney is definitely not fat and some of the media comments on her weight are frankly sickening, but she'd have to be pretty damn stupid or naive or delusional not to anticipate the reaction. When you've made your career out of displaying your uber-toned body in skimpy little outfits, you're going to be judged harshly if you're trying to pull off the same thing while your body is not in the shape it once was. Unfair but true.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #367
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
America's ridiculous obsession (probably the whole world's obsession!) with skinny celebs is beyond me. There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy! Other than the WTF strip club attire, Britney looked fine on stage at the VMAs.
My ribs don't show so maybe Americans don't think I'm sexy.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #368
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:42 AM
from tmz.com
Britney Flopping on Another Awards Stage?
Posted Sep 14th 2007 8:23AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

Could Britney Spears truly shock the world again -- by appearing on yet another awards show just a week after her infamous Sunday night massacre?

Could be, reports Usmagazine.com, who say that FOX is in talks with Britney's peeps to book the poptastrophe for this Sunday night's Emmy show. Thankfully, she won't be dancing, says a show source: "The idea is to have her come on and apologize for the VMAs. She's weighing the offer."

The Spears camp, meanwhile, "can't say this is 100 percent not true," and suggests that the talks aren't "going through the official channels."
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 AM   #369
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Honestly, if I were Britney, I wouldn't do it. Why make yourself look like a damn fool twice in one week? She's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, so I'm pretty sure she'd botch the apology too.

Here's the problem: Britney has ZERO talent! She used to kind of be able to dance. She certainly can't write songs or sing. She's really not that smart either. If she were, she wouldn't have married K-Fed.

What was her only commodity: She was a piece of ass! Plain and simple. She knew that much. Go out on stage, wear some ridiculous outfit, bop around on stage with a bunch of way better backup dancers and lipsynch all of your overproduced, underwritten popslop. Sounds like a model for success, right?

Here's her mistake: She fucked with her commodity. She shot out a couple of kids (nothing wrong with that, btw), married a loser, and continued to drink and drug her way into rehab after she broke up with the loser. She was no longer a piece of ass. Therefore, taking away her only redeeming quality.
So, when you see all of these fools say Britney is fat, they are saying she's fat by Britney's own standards. No one watches Britney because she's got good songs or because she can sing. No way, Jose. I'm pretty sure even Britney knows this. She was dumb enough to select an outfit that she looked bad in to wear on the fuckin VMA's! Even though the VMA's suck, a lot of people are still going to watch the show.
Simply put, if Britney is no longer a piece of ass, she no longer has a career. I mean none of us gave a shit that she was lipsynching, right? Usually that might've bothered a "music" fan, right?
So if you want a performer who can sing, dance, right decent songs and oh yes, actually sing the fuckin' songs well, try Christina Aguilera instead.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #370
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
from tmz.com
Britney Flopping on Another Awards Stage?
Posted Sep 14th 2007 8:23AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

Could Britney Spears truly shock the world again -- by appearing on yet another awards show just a week after her infamous Sunday night massacre?

Could be, reports Usmagazine.com, who say that FOX is in talks with Britney's peeps to book the poptastrophe for this Sunday night's Emmy show. Thankfully, she won't be dancing, says a show source: "The idea is to have her come on and apologize for the VMAs. She's weighing the offer."

The Spears camp, meanwhile, "can't say this is 100 percent not true," and suggests that the talks aren't "going through the official channels."
Oh Please. This article has to be a joke. What the fuck does Britney have to do with the Emmy's? How ridiculous.

If she wants to issue an apology, she should go on Larry King. She has no business being at the Emmys.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #371
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #372
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Frankly, I don't know what she's supposed to apologize for. Did anyone expect her to be amazing?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #373
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Local Time: 07:42 AM
why in the world would anyone expect her to apologize? And for what?

It's not the world she should be apologizing to. Now I don't have the slightest clue as to why she was as off as she was in her performance, but theres been tons of bad performances and tales of people just walking off stage in the middle of a set or show. They never apologized.

For this I say let her be. She knows she was crap. Granted there may be some truth in it that she was upset regarding Sarah Silverman talking about her kids and calling them mistakes, and if so...than I think it would have been even better for Brittany to have walked out there, told Sarah Silverman where to shove it and said F*** you all, and never have performed that night.

That would have probably been better than her performing....but the girl does need help and needs to clean up her act and pull her life together. I don't think she owes anyone but her family an apology. She should be saying "screw the rest of the world" and focus on getting herself back up on that horse.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 PM   #374
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 05:42 AM
MTV should apologize for exploiting someone who is clearly not ready to perform in her current state. Did they really think she was going to miraculously get her shit together and dazzle everyone again? They threw her to the wolves for ratings, period.

Her management should apologize for letting her perform, knowing she isn't capable right now. But who cares when you're getting a cut, right?

Anyone who agrees to let her perform right now is using her for shock value or for for ratings and should be ashamed of themselves.

She shouldn't apologize for anything.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #375
ONE
love, blood, life

Why should her management take responsibility? Why does she need her management to tell her that she isn't ready to perform? She should know her own limits. Is she really so stupid that she doesn't know her own capabilities? She should know when she is or isn't capable of performing at an acceptable level, and if she isn't, she should have presence of mind to just say, 'No. I don't care what you offer me. No.'

The problem with so many young celebrities today is that they don't do enough thinking for themselves. They just listen to everything their 'people' tell them. If you do that for too long, you become a puppet.

She needs to take responsibility for own decisions. However, that does NOT mean going on the Emmys. That's just stupid.