Britney Spears latest adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently she's been released. If I understand correctly, when a hospital has someone in a "5150 hold," they can release them at any time if they determine the person is no longer a danger to themselves or others.

I read something about Doctor Phil being at the hospital, which makes me go :huh: and now supposedly Britney is back home (snuck out of the hospital via some tunnel or something), and surrounded by paparazzi, so she's not going anywhere.

Sigh.

Dr. Phil on Britney: She Is in "Dire Need" of Help
Posted Jan 5th 2008 4:25PM by TMZ Staff

Dr. Phil has issued the following statement to ET about his visit with Britney Spears this morning.

"My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention.

She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. We visited for about an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

and

Britney Takes Phil Pill
Posted Jan 5th 2008 1:58PM by TMZ Staff

And guess what else we've confirmed ...

TMZ has learned that Dr. Phil paid a visit to Brit this morning -- and she could return the favor next week by appearing on "The Dr. Phil Show."

The show is taping a special about Britney Spears on Monday, which will air on Wednesday. They requested video of Britney from TMZ on Friday.

When you connect the dots, it's pretty clear they are angling to get Britney on the set on Monday.

Stay tuned ...

oy vey mama... and...

Brit Pitches Fit
Posted Jan 5th 2008 12:39PM by TMZ Staff

We are hearing from multiple sources that Britney Spears is throwing a fit on the 7th floor of Cedars-Sinai. She is demanding to leave, screaming at the staff, will not lie or sit still, we're told.

From all indications, she is being held on a 5150, which means she is a danger to herself and others. Typically, people in that situation can be held for 72 hours against their will.

We have also been told she has pulled her IV out and is generally out of control. Another source at the hospital tells TMZ she could be heard yelling at various staffers and she was described by nurses as being "difficult."

:( :huh:

Brit Blindsided by Phil -- Hospital Acts Curiously
Posted Jan 6th 2008 6:00AM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Dr. Phil's visit with Britney Spears was not exactly as advertised.

People on the 7th floor at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center say the doctor arrived about 7:30 AM Saturday. We're told Britney did not invite him in; she didn't even know he was coming. Sources say it was Brit's parents who told Dr. Phil to go to the hospital. When he walked into her room, we're told, a blindsided Britney walked out -- and eventually came back.

Sources say Phil tried speaking with Spears for about 15 minutes -- not an hour as Dr. Phil's press release states -- but she wanted none of it. We're told Phil was doing almost all the talking. As for walking with her to the car on her way out -- again, as his release states -- we're told if he was walking behind her, that's news to her. She absolutely was not accompanied by him.

Sources say Dr. Phil somehow convinced Brit's mom and dad to be on his show, which will tape Monday and air Tuesday (it was just moved up a day), but as one person put it, "Based on the interaction between Dr. Phil and Britney this morning, it'll be a cold day in hell before Britney goes on his show." We're told she absolutely will not appear on the program.

Sources say Dr. Phil wants to do a television intervention, something that isn't sitting well with some of the people who have known for a while that Britney has a very serious mental condition -- likely a bipolar disorder that is now in the red zone.

TMZ contacted Cedars to find out why the hospital let a television doctor on a floor that has such fragile patients, particularly since Britney had no idea he was coming. It's especially troublesome that Cedars let Dr. Phil go uninvited to Britney's room, since she had already been discharged and presumably had a right to know if someone wanted to visit. A Cedars rep made it short and sweet, telling us, "No comment."

A rep from the "Dr. Phil" show had no comment as well, other than "Dr. Phil met with Ms. Spears at family members' invitation."

:huh:

Dr. Phil is a friggin creep...:mad:

I can't really blame Dr. Phil here. If her parents truly invited him, well then, she probably needs to hear what he has to say.

They should send Jeff VanVonderen from Intervention to talk to her.

Well--I rarely watch Dr. Phil anymore, its just become too sensational, and if he showcases the Spears family I'll never watch. I don't think he cares about her or her family, the only thing he cares about is ratings. How sick is that?

A long time ago I had a roommate who was Bi-polar (although I didn't know it till she was hospialised) It was crazy--it was like she was the most fun, energetic, spur of the moment person. We jetted off to Chicago for some serious shopping--little did I know she wasn't the faboulsly wealthy person I thought she was, she was just in mania--maxing out her credit cards. Then she crashed. I moved out, but returned to gather some belongings and her once plush condo was devoid of furniture, clothes, dog-crap everywhere---finally her family had her hospitalised and with the help of drugs and therhpy--she finally got it together.

So I really feel for her, and hope that her family gets her the help she needs--

forgive me, but...

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Sources say Dr. Phil somehow convinced Brit's mom and dad to be on his show
i doubt it took this pageant mother much convincing :silent:

i know that sounds harsh, but if lynne really gave a damn about her daughter - the same goes for her dad too, although you really hear about her mom more - they'd be trying to seek help for britney in private. maybe she's bi-polar. maybe she's suffering from post-partum. who knows, but to see lynne spears plastered on the cover of us magazine or whatever saying "i just don't know what's wrong with my daughter she's out of control we're trying to help her" it's just glamorizing it and makes it look like she's really just out for publicity.

and of course i don't think just her parents are to blame. dr. phil put out that self-serving press release that made him seem to be some sort of angel only here to help britney in her time of need. unsurprisingly, conflicting reports are coming out now saying he's far from it. so it looks like he's in it just for the publicity too.

i hope eventually all egos can be put aside and britney can eventually get help - whatever help that may be - that she needs.

That website is not only sick. It's sad too. Sad because it looks like Britney is gonna win this year's Anna Nicole Smith Award and finally die after all the shit she's doing to herself.

I don't know, a free PS3 sounds pretty good to me.

Doesn't sound like much of a tragedy either, another white trash piece of shit flushing her life down the toilet. Kids are gonna have a fucked up childhood with either parent anyway.

Re: forgive me, but...

KhanadaRhodes said:

. maybe she's bi-polar. maybe she's suffering from post-partum.

Post-partum is a good thought.....it seems she has really spiralled downward since the 2nd child arrived...If she has bi-polar tendencies, the post-partum maybe could have been more intense.....It really is sad at this point..I hope someone can gain control over the situation

Re: Re: forgive me, but...

Daddysgonnapay said:

Post-partum is a good thought.....it seems she has really spiralled downward since the 2nd child arrived...If she has bi-polar tendencies, the post-partum maybe could have been more intense.....It really is sad at this point..I hope someone can gain control over the situation

Maybe, just maybe her maternal instincts are kicking in and it pained her to know she had to give her children up again. All I can say is when I Was going through my divorce, I fought my Ex tooth and nail (he was a cheating rat bastard not to mention a horrible father, liar, rotten person and Disneyland Dad) only to be told that I HAD to give my son up for visitation and over Christmas. I thought I would crawl out of my skin I was so upset and beside myself. It was so hard to do, handing my son over to his idiot father in a parking lot on Christmas Eve knowing I wouldn't see him again for TWO WHOLE DAYS. It was the longest 2 days of my life and the worst holiday EVER!

So maybe giving up her boys pushed her over the edge. (I am just giving her a wee bit of the benefit of the doubt here!) :wink:

Just saw a commercial stating that Dr. Phil will be on the Early show tomorrow AM to discuss his visit with Britney:mad:

what an ASSHOLE!!! can people not see through what this jerk is really up to?

Psychiatrists Slam Phil, Cedars
Posted Jan 6th 2008 6:25PM by TMZ Staff

Eight psychiatrists tell TMZ they are shocked Cedars Sinai Medical Center let Dr. Phil go up to Britney Spears' room without her prior knowledge or consent.

The shrinks had various things to say about Dr. Phil's visit to Brit's room, but the theme was unified -- that the hospital should not allow any doctor who does not have in-patient privileges into a patient's room, unless that patient has given prior consent. TMZ has learned Britney had no idea Dr. Phil was coming to her room and indeed when he walked in she became agitated and walked out. She eventually came back in and he pretty much did all the talking for around 15 minutes.

One psychiatrist called it "intrusive and inappropriate." Another shrink told us the hospital "is supposed to be a safe place. If the patient doesn't want to see someone, that person doesn't get in -- period."

Another shrink, who said he was "outraged and disgusted," added, "It is incredible that the hospital allowed Dr. Phil in her room. It's a total violation of her rights."

One doc surmised bluntly the hospital was "star struck" and let the TV doctor's profile override its judgment.

We're told early yesterday the show wanted to book Brit for a TV intervention that is being taped on Monday. We're told she wants nothing to do with it, and the show will not have her on. We're also told Brit's parents, who wanted Dr. Phil to visit Britney, had agreed at least initially to be on the program.

One shrink said splashing a private medical matter on TV and saying it's an intervention -- especially without the proper medical diagnosis -- is no way to run a railroad.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Psychiatrists Slam Phil, Cedars
Posted Jan 6th 2008 6:25PM by TMZ Staff

We're told early yesterday the show wanted to book Brit for a TV intervention that is being taped on Monday. We're told she wants nothing to do with it, B]

the first intelligent decision she's made for a long time.

JCOSTER said:
He is just as bad as everyone else who wants a piece of her

Yes indeed. If he actually cared one iota about her he never would have handled it in that way and it would be private, not made for tv. It's disgusting.

Britney Tested Free of Alcohol, Drugs

Britney Spears tested free of illegal drugs and alcohol during her two-night stay at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a reliable source tells PEOPLE.

"She tested clean," the source says. "This lady is as clean as clean can be, and has been for some time."

The source adds the pop star never threatened suicide during the four-hour standoff at her Studio City home Jan. 3, saying such rumors were "bullshit."

Spears, 26, was hospitalized early the morning of Jan. 4 under California's "5150 Hold," in which she was deemed a danger to herself or others and could be held for 72 hours for evaluation. Based on officers' observations at the scene, police said she appeared to be "under the influence of an unknown substance."

Two separate sources who are acquaintances of the family tell PEOPLE they believe the singer has an undiagnosed bipolar disorder. One of those sources says Spears has "suffered from a psychological disease for years."

Spears left the hospital on Saturday, well before the 72 hours. Patients can be released early if doctors determine they no longer require treatment or evaluation.

"The 5150 legality is very loose," says Dr. Nathan Kuemmerle, a West Hollywood psychiatrist. "The 72 hours are not firm. All it requires is an ER psychiatrist to release the patient. ... If Britney isn't suicidal or homicidal, she doesn't need to be hospitalized."

Last edited:
I seriously can't believe Dr. Phil is involved in this now! I'm sure there are other doctors out there better than this tool. Britney's family are trash. I want to feel sorry for her, but I still can't because she has so many resources available for her to clean up her act and she still won't.

ultravioletluvv said:
I seriously can't believe Dr. Phil is involved in this now! I'm sure there are other doctors out there better than this tool. Britney's family are trash. I want to feel sorry for her, but I still can't because she has so many resources available for her to clean up her act and she still won't.

Well Dr Phil has a lot of trailer trash folks and their issues on his show so it makes sense he'd want to get all up in Brit's bizness.

MSNBC News Services
updated 3:05 p.m. ET, Mon., Jan. 7, 2008

LOS ANGELES - Television’s “Dr. Phil” McGraw has pulled the plug on plans for a one-hour show that was to examine Britney Spears’ latest public meltdown.

Celebrity Web site TMZ.com had reported on Sunday that Spears’ parents were scheduled to appear on the show Tuesday.

In a statement posted Monday on his Web site, McGraw said the 26-year-old pop star’s situation was “too intense” for him to go forward with the show. He didn’t say whether he planned to reschedule.

Back
Top Bottom