Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kafrun

woah, I agree the paparazzi are pretty much scum, but she KNOWS they'll be there and yet she wears a short skirt, forgets her panties, and gets up legs spread Personal responsibility is what it's all about.
Yeah, so that makes it okay for the paparazzi to aim their cameras at her vagina? That is far, far more disturbing then her not wearing panties, but you are entitled to think whatever you want, as am I.

I will never understand how you can make the statement that paparazzi are scum and then say its justified to snap a picture like that simply because she isn't wearing underwear.

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
^^ Exactly. It's pretty obvious that Britney thinks that her body is hot! Otherwise she wouldn't have insisted on wearing that outfit for the whole world to see. I highly doubt that all the press coverage calling her "fat" is going to affect her. It didn't change her when they said that K-Fed was an idiot, that she was an unfit mother, that she was crazy, that she needed to wear underwear, that she needed to go to rehab, etc. Britney has her own image of herself and it's clearly not what the rest of the world sees. So, i don't really think all of this is going to matter much to her. She's gonna keep on being Britney.
How do you know some jack ass didn't put her up to wearing it? Because some crappy tabloid said it was her choice? She looked really comfortable up there. Full of confidence. In fact, all of her actions lately just scream confidence. Clearly, she is in total control of her life, and therefore, everyone in the world needs to criticize and ridicule her until she is beaten down completely.

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
It's funny to watch the same tabloid switch between "SHOCKINGLY Thin Stars!!!! Is Angie wasting away??? Brad reveals his fears about her anorexia!!!" and "BEACHED WHALES!! Cellulite! Rolls!! What was Keira thinking in this bikini??" from week to week.

I think it's strange how many people applauded Kirstie Alley for wearing a bikini on Oprah after she lost weight or talk about how much they like "curvy" women, yet Britney "should know better" than to wear a bikini and that's "how the business works." I don't understand the attitude of "It's really horrible that some people in our society are so looks-obsessed and hold women to ridiculous and arbitrary standards....but, really, she should have known that just how it is and worn something more concealing or lost ten pounds." I certainly don't think Britney is a feminist icon, but I'd rather see a performer wear something she wants than to know that her team dressed her to conceal industry-determined flaws or conform to a certain expectation.

I guess it just rubs me the wrong way to hear comments about what a woman (or man, for that matter) should wear, regardless of body size.

I don't know why I'm coming to her defense when I've never been a fan, I thought her VMA performance was boring [though it was MTV, and I've seen worse...], and I hated the song.
This just needed to be quoted.

And maybe Kayne's statement was in part whining, but he has a point. MTV put her on there for ratings. Not that they are to blame, but it was a ploy. Everyone knew she was going to bomb and MTV knew people would tune in just to see it. And that is just what happened.

People need to leave that girl alone and let her get her shit together. Hounding her relentlessly isn't going to do anything. Yeah, she's a celebrity. But no one deserves to be treated the way she is.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #317
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2
She looked really comfortable up there. Full of confidence.
Really? Were we watching the same performance?

I do agree with you about the MTV thing, though. They've made no secret about all the things they're trying to do to get more viewers. They'd throw their own grandmother under the bus to get higher ratings for the VMAs.

Speaking of MTV, I caught a glimpse of John Norris during the pre-show thing ... what the hell happened to him? Has he looked like that for a while now?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Really? Were we watching the same performance?
Yes, we were. I was being sarcastic.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #319
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh thank god. I was worried there for a second!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #320
Refugee

Local Time: 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2

How do you know some jack ass didn't put her up to wearing it? Because some crappy tabloid said it was her choice? She looked really comfortable up there. Full of confidence. In fact, all of her actions lately just scream confidence. Clearly, she is in total control of her life, and therefore, everyone in the world needs to criticize and ridicule her until she is beaten down completely.

I suppose I can't be 100% sure that it was her choice, but based on the kind of outfits she has been seen out in lately, and knowing the unlikelihood that somebody "put her up to wearing" all of those outfits, i'm fairly confident that she chose to wear it. She's fired all of the people around her that were actually good for her career, so yes, i believe that she is in complete control of what she is doing. Nobody tells Britney what to do or what to wear.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #321
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I read that MTV had a corset outfit for her and she didnt want to wear it. She wanted to wear her own outfit.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #322
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Speaking of MTV, I caught a glimpse of John Norris during the pre-show thing ... what the hell happened to him? Has he looked like that for a while now?
So, I'm not the only one who noticed. The whole time I was looking at him I was thinking, "John Norris...we all know you're 105 years old. The eyeliner and blond 'do aren't fooling anyone."

I heard Kurt Loder got a mohawk and started shopping at Hot Topic.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 PM   #323
Blue Crack Distributor

Ah, Kurt Loder. Is he still there, or did they sack him for being 6,236 years older than their target demographic?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #324
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Ah, Kurt Loder. Is he still there, or did they sack him for being 6,236 years older than their target demographic?
I thinks he pops out of the retirement home every once in awhile.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #325
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
More importantly...why am I posting about the likes of Kanye West and Justin Timberlake?

because Kanye is a genius and JT is the biggest pop star on the planet right now?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #326
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

because Kanye is a genius and JT is the biggest pop star on the planet right now?
Winner.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #327
ONE
love, blood, life

Kanye is no genius.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #328
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
and now Kanye weighs in:

Kanye: MTV exploited Britney for ratings 2 hours, 58 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Kanye West blames MTV for Britney Spears' less than stellar performance at the Video Music Awards.

"Man, they were just trying to get ratings, and they knew she wasn't ready and they exploited her," the 29-year-old rapper said Tuesday on Sirius Satellite Radio's "The Morning Mash Up."

The network made a "bad move" by having the troubled pop star open Sunday's event in Las Vegas, said West, who feels he should have kicked off the show with "Stronger," the first single from his new album, "Graduation."

"They exploited her, they played me and I really don't mess with MTV," he said.

Spears, 25, looked unprepared while performing her new song, "Gimme More," to a bewildered audience of her music industry peers. She seemed nervous and, at times, stopped singing altogether.

West said he wanted to perform "Stronger" on the show's main stage — where R&B hotshot Chris Brown wowed the crowd with Michael Jackson-esque dance moves — but complied when he was asked to host a suite party.

West said it was a blow to the ego when Justin Timberlake, who also hosted a suite party, ended up "on the big stage" to give the closing performance with Timbaland and Nelly Furtado.

"Those are the big things, and you know what I do man, I really made the song `Stronger,' you know, for stadiums," he said.

MTV spokesman David French didn't immediately return a phone call from The Associated Press seeking comment.

West — who threw a tantrum backstage after losing all five categories for which he was nominated — said he has bonded with 50 Cent over what they view as disrespectful behavior from MTV.

"So why do you have me do `Stronger' in a suite, but you end the show with Justin?" he said. "I looked at 50 like, yo, we need to help each other as much as possible."

50 Cent has said he'd stop making solo records if West's new album outsells his "Curtis" CD in their first week out. Both albums were released Tuesday.
Poor Kanye.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

I'll admit, I'm definetly not in great shape. Me criticizing Britney for being out of shape would be like the pot calling the kettle black. And for someone who had 2 kids in 12 months, she doesn't look bad. Something that showed off her curves but hid the not so flattering parts would have looked good, in a classy-sexy way.Then again, when was the last time you heard class and Britney Spears in the same sentence?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:41 AM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
I agree DG. I'm fat....Britney looks healthy!