Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #286
Refugee
 
ultravioletluvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,107
Local Time: 05:49 PM
I don't think Britney is "fat" by any means. But i do think that by wearing that outfit on national TV, she knew exactly what she was getting into and she deserves all the comments that come her way. She's been in the business long enough to understand how it works. The girl has obviously lost her mind. She keeps on making one bad decision after another. She's completely self-destructing and she doesn't seem to care. I feel bad for her because she obviously needs help, but i don't feel bad that people are calling her fat. Maybe it's the wake up call she needs to stop dressing like a tramp! (maybe, but probably not.)
__________________

__________________
ultravioletluvv is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I agree. I'm incredibly disgusted by the whole thing. I don't recall seeing headlines like "Lard and Clear!" in reference to Bono, who I think we can all agree has always been heavier and more out of shape than most hot rock star men.
I guess some people would respond to that by saying that Bono hasn't built his career on his looks (though they are an enjoyable side dish ), so somehow that justifies the opposing close criticism of Britney's weight. I suppose if you could name a male equivalent of Britney in music/entertainment and see if he was subjected to same. Most actresses are expected to be so thin and beautiful-and woe be to them if they have the slightest stomach pooch-they must be pregnant! Or just "fat".

Criticism exists for males in entertainment but it just isn't on the same level, or done with the same intent. The expectation level is just not the same. They will be criticized for so many things before their weight will ever be brought up. For women in entertainment, not just Britney, the weight will be first or nearly first. Look at what happened to Tyra Banks, just to give one example. And she's not even working as a model. It's not just Britney, and it's not just women who built their careers on their bodies. Of course they will also criticize women for being too thin, but that's done in almost a sideshow circus kind of way.

Yes that "lard and clear" is so unfair, but that's the NY Post for you. Clever headlines and all.
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 08:49 PM
I agree that Britney's performance was god-awful, but I feel sorry for her when people criticize her weight. I literally have the same physique as she does, and all the criticism she's getting is making me feel bad about myself.
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #289
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I literally have the same physique as she does, and all the criticism she's getting is making me feel bad about myself.
Well I'm jealous, you must be quite hot
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I literally have the same physique as she does, and all the criticism she's getting is making me feel bad about myself.
This is precisely why I'm so angry about this.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


I guess some people would respond to that by saying that Bono hasn't built his career on his looks (though they are an enjoyable side dish ), so somehow that justifies the opposing close criticism of Britney's weight. I suppose if you could name a male equivalent of Britney in music/entertainment and see if he was subjected to same. Most actresses are expected to be so thin and beautiful-and woe be to them if they have the slightest stomach pooch-they must be pregnant! Or just "fat".

Criticism exists for males in entertainment but it just isn't on the same level, or done with the same intent. The expectation level is just not the same. They will be criticized for so many things before their weight will ever be brought up. For women in entertainment, not just Britney, the weight will be first or nearly first. Look at what happened to Tyra Banks, just to give one example. And she's not even working as a model. It's not just Britney, and it's not just women who built their careers on their bodies. Of course they will also criticize women for being too thin, but that's done in almost a sideshow circus kind of way.

Yes that "lard and clear" is so unfair, but that's the NY Post for you. Clever headlines and all.
I agree with you completely.

But what about J-lo? Why is she hot and voluptuous while Britney's fat? If Britney's performance had been fantastic, would her weight have been seen in a different light?
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
ylimeU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,471
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


I agree with you completely.

But what about J-lo? Why is she hot and voluptuous while Britney's fat? If Britney's performance had been fantastic, would her weight have been seen in a different light?
Easy. J-Lo has always looked like that. Britney hasn't, so now she is considered a cow. Double standard.

Whatever her problems in life are, being fat isn't one of them.
__________________
ylimeU2 is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
ylimeU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,471
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2


Easy. J-Lo has always looked like that. Britney hasn't, so now she is considered a cow. Double standard.

Whatever her problems in life are, being fat isn't one of them.
__________________
ylimeU2 is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
ylimeU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,471
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kafrun

k, srsly.. wtf.. is nothing sacred anymore?

what is wrong with that girl????
I think the more important question in regards to that is what is wrong with the photographers?

Yes, she could wear panties, but there are plenty of people out there who don't. In my mind, stuff like that is the fault of the people who are taking the pics, not the person being photgraphed.
__________________
ylimeU2 is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,944
Local Time: 07:49 PM

You gotta be jokin', right? Bottom Line: If you're Britney Spears you absolutely know that wherever you are, your picture may be taken. I mean, geez, on this thread alone we saw her at the grocery store. Britney has got to learn to wear undergarments. There's no excuse whatsoever.
__________________
MrPryck2U is online now  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #296
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,710
Local Time: 04:49 PM
I think the difference is that if your body is comparable to Britney's these days, would you have made the decision to wear something that makes you look like you're squeezed into something way too small?

Granted, the "fat" comments are undeserved, but I don't think you should feel bad. I fully believe everyone here would have more sense than to wear something so unflattering.

Britney seems to be incapable of making a single good decision these days. Since she's apparently stopped listening to anyone around her, it's no wonder she wore something so completely unflattering.

Anyway. I guess my point is: don't feel bad, Interferencers!
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I think the difference is that if your body is comparable to Britney's these days, would you have made the decision to wear something that makes you look like you're squeezed into something way too small?
I honestly did not think she looked "squeezed" into anything. I get that she's not in the same shape she used to be in, but I didn't think she looked like she was wearing something way too small at all.

I did, however, think she had a "dead" look in her eyes. Really sad.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I did, however, think she had a "dead" look in her eyes. Really sad.


Xanax and red bull and vodka?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511


Xanax and red bull and vodka?
Something. She seemed to be moving in slow motion.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Don't take it out on Britney take it out on him.

http://break.com/index/deal-with-me.html
__________________

__________________
Justin24 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com