Britney Spears latest adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl416 said:
:lmao:

from People.com:

Lynne Spears's Parenting Book 'Delayed Indefinitely'
TUESDAY DECEMBER 18, 2007 10:15 PM EST

By Marisa Laudadio

Lynne Spears's book about raising her famous daughters Britney and Jamie Lynn has been put on hold, the publisher confirms to PEOPLE.

"The book is delayed indefinitely. It's delayed, not cancelled," says a spokeswoman for Thomas Nelson, which publishes inspirational books and Bibles.

It had been scheduled for a spring 2008 release and was put on hold last week, says the rep. On Tuesday, news hit that 16-year-old Jamie Lynn is pregnant with her boyfriend's child.

Publishers' Weekly described the book as "Lynne Spears's personal story of raising high-profile children while coming from a low-profile Louisiana community."

The publisher declined to comment on whether the focus of the book would change in light of the pregnancy announcement.

"We are standing behind Lynn at this time and understand that she needs time with her family – we support that," says the spokeswoman.

:lol: Parenting advice from this woman? You don't need to read this book, just drink a lot and ignore your kids, you'll get the same exact results... well with a lot less money.

Maybe Jessica Simpson's parents should write the book, they have two showbiz kids, but with a lot less trainwreckage... well not as much. Just don't let the creepy dad talk about Jessica's breasts.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:lol: Parenting advice from this woman? You don't need to read this book, just drink a lot and ignore your kids, you'll get the same exact results... well with a lot less money.

Maybe Jessica Simpson's parents should write the book, they have two showbiz kids, but with a lot less trainwreckage... well not as much. Just don't let the creepy dad talk about Jessica's breasts.

:lol:

I tried to get on the OK site, I can't. So it looks like OK will make beaucoup bucks even with what they must have paid them. The cover does say the mother and Jamie Lynn both talked to them for the story.

Did someone say she was living with the guy? Where did it say that?

TMZ says OK didn't pay them for the story but will pay a million for baby pics

Just how did the deal go down? Rewind. Sources close to Britney's family tell TMZ it all started when Britney melted down on an OK! Magazine photo shoot. Britney's mom, Lynne, read the article (who didn't?!) and called OK! personally to thank them "for handling it so well." She stayed in touch with OK!, and called them this week when she learned that news of Jamie's pregnancy was about to break. Her only requirement? Keep Britney out of it. This is about Jamie Lynn. "She trusted them to do it in a way that would be sympathetic to her daughter," our source says.

We're told Jamie and mom did not want money, but OK! has agreed to pay $1 million to the younger Spears for a photo shoot when the child is born. Why so little when others have commanded several million? We're told it's because Jamie Lynn is not an international star and it's not worth it to the mag to pay big bucks for something they can't sell overseas.

Another interesting note: We hear Jamie is further along than the 12 weeks she says in the mag's article. Expect a spring baby.

Last edited:
originally posted by Mrs Springsteen
Another interesting note: We hear Jamie is further along than the 12 weeks she says in the mag's article. Expect a spring baby.

I just remembered that there were rumors about this a while ago, like around September or October. If that is how far back the story goes, then she really is far along.

This is really sad. 16 is far too young to be a mother.

I agree with Pearl, it's very sad. Ever since Brittney went downhill I think there was a lot of pressure on Jaime to be perfect in a sense and not follow in Brittney's footsteps. So, undoubtedly it's disappointing to hear that at 16 she's pregnant. If it's true that she was living with the boyfriend, what the hell is wrong with mother Spears!? :|

I must say though, personality wise comparing her to her sister, I think Jaime Lynn even at 16 will probably be more mature in handling this than her sister.

Pearl said:
I just remembered that there were rumors about this a while ago, like around September or October. If that is how far back the story goes, then she really is far along.

Enquirer published this story on July 28th, which could make here 5 months along, 8 more weeks than she says in the article. Filming on the show wraps january 4th.

u2fp

National Enquirer broke the news back in mid 07 and this is the angry letter they received:

"Ms. Spears is a devout Christian with a spotless reputation, who lives in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards in accordance with her faith.
There is no “rumor concerning Ms. Spears' (non-existent) pregnancy, except perhaps for the baseless rumor just now being created by the National Enquirer.
Ms. Spears is not pregnant. It is pathetic for the National Enquirer to attempt to create a wholly baseless rumor that Ms. Spears is pregnant, so it can run a malicious story and false story which would be emotionally devastating to a morally upright 16 year old girl."

BrownEyedBoy said:

"Ms. Spears is a devout Christian with a spotless reputation, who lives in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards in accordance with her faith.

As soon as I read something like that I'm almost certain that the rumors are true. Sad.

If the Enquirer story was true, JL would be more like 6 months along by now. I think it was just a coincidence. Tabloids like that report so many false stories, eventually one or two of them will come true. :huh:

Dang, if every celebrity sued every tabloid over every incorrect story ... well, that'd be a lot of suin' going on.

I don't necessarily think she's further along than they're reporting now. I tend to think the Enquirerererererer got it wrong before, and now, coincidentally, she's pregnant.

Yeah, I guess we'll see as soon as a paparazzi snaps her picture. Does she look 5/6 months pregnant?

BrownEyedBoy said:

What is with that family exploiting faith for an image? That was one of the reasons why I couldn't stand Britney when she first started. She kept she saying she was a good Christian girl when it was so clearly a PR stunt.

ultravioletluvv said:
If the Enquirer story was true, JL would be more like 6 months along by now. I think it was just a coincidence. Tabloids like that report so many false stories, eventually one or two of them will come true. :huh:

see?.. in MEN IN BLACK they were telling the truth... the Enquirer and the rest are the REAL media :wink:

Lila64 said:
would the Enquirer be able to sue? :wink:

Kate Moss successfully sued(couple mil) a tabloid in the mid 90's that claimed she was a coke head. The tabloid paid up but wanted revenge. They waited several years and bribed either Pete Doherty's manager or dealer for that video seen aroudn the world.

I also wonder if the Enquirer story was "leaked" by a third party to the tabloid in order to gauge early and speculative response by fans/media/advertisers. I could easily see this going on in H'wood - and it would explain why those tabs never get sued in oblivion by Tom Cruise's lawyers(or scientology syncophants) alone!!

u2fp

I smell another reality TV show on the horizon:

Jamie Lynn Spears: 16 and pregnant.

Or

They should just put all of the Spears girls together in one big house and see what hijinks ensue.

For example:
- Watch Britney miss her latest court appearance, due to of all things, a hangnail.
- Watch Jamie Lynn file for umemployment after getting axed from Nickelodeon.
- Watch Lynne Spears give bad advice to her daughters while they dutifully follow it.

Seriously though, I never thought Jamie Lynn would get caught up in the Spears family's mess. She seemed like she had more of a brain then Britney. Oh well, I guess Billy Ray Cyrus better have a long talk with Hannah Montana. lol!

There's a story, don't know if it's true or not-that her mother took her to Juno after she found out about the pregnancy to somehow help her deal with it. Yeah, that'll work. Another story that Jamie Lynn handed her mother a note to tell her she was pregnant.

CNN) -- The announced pregnancy of Jamie Lynn Spears -- the 16-year-old children's television star and younger sister of beleaguered pop star Britney Spears -- is casting new light on how states deal with the thorny issue of consensual sex among teens.

Spears, the star of Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101," told OK! Magazine that she's pregnant and that the father is her 18-year-old boyfriend.

There has been no public talk of criminal prosecution in the case. Consensual sex between the two may well have been legal, depending on where and when it took place.

But critics of the nation's statutory rape laws say that laws that are ignored in some cases can be used to put other teens in prison and land them on sex-offender registries.

"You have a disturbing disparity in how these laws are enforced," said Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University. "I have no problem at all with nailing adults who sleep with children, but I have a problem with the prosecution of teenagers in consensual relationships.

"What this case should focus the nation on is having a more evenhanded approach to these cases." VideoWatch a psychologist talk about how Spears' pregnancy could lead to parents talking to their kids about sex »

In Louisiana, where Spears lives, it is a misdemeanor for someone age 17 to 19 to have consensual sex with someone age 15 to 17 if the difference between their ages is more than two years.

In California, where she sometimes tapes her television show, it's a misdemeanor to have sex with someone younger than 18 if the offender is less than three years older. Someone more than three years older could be charged with a felony.

According to OK! Magazine, which first reported the news Tuesday, Spears said the father of her baby is longtime boyfriend Casey Aldridge.

Turley said most states have similar laws but rely on prosecutors to be selective in enforcing them. But that's a recipe for legal problems, he said.

The issue drew international attention when a Georgia teen was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17.

In 2005, Genarlow Wilson was tried for the rape of a 17-year-old girl at a hotel-room party. While he was found not guilty of that charge, he was convicted of aggravated child molestation for the act with the 15-year-old -- even though he was less than two years older.

Georgia law, which has since been changed, required a mandatory 10-year sentence on the charge of aggravated child molestation and required Wilson to register as a sex offender when he was released. Under the revised Georgia law, the act now would be a misdemeanor.

Now 21, Wilson was released from prison in October -- after serving more than two years -- when the state Supreme Court ruled his sentence was "grossly disproportionate to his crime."

"The current laws leave too much to prosecutorial discretion," Turley said. "We saw in the Wilson case how prosecutorial discretion can lead to grotesque results."

He said statutory rape prosecutions of teens are more common in Southern states and small towns than they are elsewhere in the country or in big cities.

B.J. Bernstein, Wilson's attorney, argued throughout his case that Wilson was imprisoned for an act that, while perhaps morally questionable, probably is going on among teens everywhere.

"If you prosecuted, even with misdemeanors, all those cases, you'd clog up the justice system with kids having sex," she said. "It's a social issue -- and it may be something that parents don't want to happen or wish wouldn't happen at that age -- but it shouldn't be a crime."

Last edited:
I just don't understand WHY she would want to keep her baby! Is it some sort of religious belief that abortion is wrong? Or does she really just want to be a mother?

I don't know about the abortion. My view on that is usually if the women is raped or there is something life threatening with the child/mother.

I would say make her raise the kid, but then that may not be fair to the kid. Adoption might be a better choice. At least the kid would get out of that mess of a family.

^ agree. She needs to take responsibility for her actions. Fucking christ why is it that hard to use protection.

Although they are about to become parents, Jamie Lynn Spears and her boyfriend Casey Aldridge have no plans to wed – yet.

"They may or may not [get married]," says Aldridge's uncle, Odus Jackson, in an interview outside Aldridge’s house in Mississippi. "You just never know."

Jackson, who is a pastor at Galilee First Baptist Church in Gloster, Miss., says that while he is hopeful the young couple will remain in a committed relationship, he is also realistic.

"I hope they will stick it out and get married for the child's sake and their sake," he says. "But if they're not in love and it was just a fantasy, they don't need to make the same mistake twice."

Speaking about his teenage nephew, who was raised in rural Gloster and attended high school in nearby Liberty, Miss., Jackson says, "He was a typical country boy growing up. He's never given the family a whole lot of problems – no more than most teenagers."

But in the past year Aldridge had relocated to California to be closer to the 16-year-old Spears. "To me, personally, when he was allowed to go out to California part of his senior year . . . you know when you put boy and girl together, it don't work," says Jackson. "Testosterone is tough to control."

He also lamented the storm of publicity that has disrupted the family's quiet smalltown life. "We know that it's national news, more than just a boy-girl mess up," says Jackson. "[But] we're not used to media down here."

For his part, while the uncle spoke, Aldridge briefly appeared in a pickup with a group of friends. "Can't talk to you, man," he said, before driving off up the house's 100-yard gravel driveway.

The Associated Press
Thurs., Dec. 20, 2007

NEW YORK - Nickelodeon is considering a special for its young audience about sex and love following the news that 16-year-old “Zoey 101” star Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant.

The television network has made no announcement about the future of “Zoey 101,” its popular program aimed primarily at youngsters aged 9-14. Filming for the show’s fourth and final season has finished, and episodes are scheduled to begin airing in February.

For the special, Nickelodeon said it’s talking with Linda Ellerbee, the veteran newswoman who has stepped in frequently in the past with shows on talking to children about difficult issues in the news. She’s done shows about same-sex parents, AIDS, the Columbine shooting and President Clinton’s impeachment scandal.

“I think it’s important that something be done,” Ellerbee said on Thursday. “But I think it’s important that it be done in a measured way, and not just to feed the beast of news stories.

A Nickelodeon spokesman, Dan Martinsen, confirmed the discussions but said no decision had been made.

Spears, the younger sister of pop star Britney Spears, told the OK! celebrity magazine this week that she was pregnant. The father is her 19-year-old boyfriend, Casey Aldridge. She said she plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana.

Nickelodeon has made no comment beyond a supportive statement for its star: “We respect Jamie Lynn’s decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn’s well being.”

The company has received a mixed response so far from its viewers, and the news has launched a public discussion about how parents should deal with it.

“This is a great opportunity for parents at this moment to talk to their kids about this — more important, to listen to their kids about this,” Ellerbee said.

Rather than focus strictly on Spears, Ellerbee said she’s considering producing a broad discussion about how people know they’re in love, when is the right time to have sex and what are the value systems of their parents and friends. It could air as soon as next month.

“Right now what Nick is trying to do — and what I am trying to do — is figure out what is the best thing to do for kids,” she said.

One television critic, David Hinckley of the New York Daily News, wrote Thursday that to end “this sordid moment” with a lesson, Nickelodeon should pull the plug on “Zoey 101.”

“If Nickelodeon keeps Jamie Lynn Spears because her product sells, it runs the risk that a valuable message it has spent years crafting could shift from ‘trust us’ to ‘whatever,”’ Hinckley wrote.

Although Nick executives are still discussing the future of “Zoey 101,” it’s considered unlikely that it would shelve the final season. The third season ends Jan. 4 with a cliffhanger episode about whether Spears’ character continues to attend a boarding school in California or moves to London with her parents.

Executives at Nick’s rival Disney Channel public relations crisis this summer when Vanessa Hudgens, the 18-year-old star of its “High School Musical” franchise, posed for nude photos that were leaked to the Internet. Hudgens apologized, Disney stuck by her and the issue quickly faded.

Stranding another newborn in the Spears family household is probably the most inhumane thing humanity could be capable of.

Wheel in the Abortron-9000. :up:

Kudos to Nickelodeon for stepping up to use this baby Spears news to do something positive speaking to youth about sex. I do hope that they can set something up with Linda Ellerbee, she has been good with these topics speaking to young audiences. It's at least nice knowing there is SOMEONE out there thinking of some positive way to deal with this.

MrsSpringsteen said:
The Associated Press
Thurs., Dec. 20, 2007

NEW YORK - Nickelodeon is considering a special for its young audience about sex and love following the news that 16-year-old “Zoey 101” star Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant.

The television network has made no announcement about the future of “Zoey 101,” its popular program aimed primarily at youngsters aged 9-14. Filming for the show’s fourth and final season has finished, and episodes are scheduled to begin airing in February.

For the special, Nickelodeon said it’s talking with Linda Ellerbee, the veteran newswoman who has stepped in frequently in the past with shows on talking to children about difficult issues in the news. She’s done shows about same-sex parents, AIDS, the Columbine shooting and President Clinton’s impeachment scandal.

“I think it’s important that something be done,” Ellerbee said on Thursday. “But I think it’s important that it be done in a measured way, and not just to feed the beast of news stories.

A Nickelodeon spokesman, Dan Martinsen, confirmed the discussions but said no decision had been made.

Spears, the younger sister of pop star Britney Spears, told the OK! celebrity magazine this week that she was pregnant. The father is her 19-year-old boyfriend, Casey Aldridge. She said she plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana.

Nickelodeon has made no comment beyond a supportive statement for its star: “We respect Jamie Lynn’s decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn’s well being.”

The company has received a mixed response so far from its viewers, and the news has launched a public discussion about how parents should deal with it.

“This is a great opportunity for parents at this moment to talk to their kids about this — more important, to listen to their kids about this,” Ellerbee said.

Rather than focus strictly on Spears, Ellerbee said she’s considering producing a broad discussion about how people know they’re in love, when is the right time to have sex and what are the value systems of their parents and friends. It could air as soon as next month.

“Right now what Nick is trying to do — and what I am trying to do — is figure out what is the best thing to do for kids,” she said.

One television critic, David Hinckley of the New York Daily News, wrote Thursday that to end “this sordid moment” with a lesson, Nickelodeon should pull the plug on “Zoey 101.”

“If Nickelodeon keeps Jamie Lynn Spears because her product sells, it runs the risk that a valuable message it has spent years crafting could shift from ‘trust us’ to ‘whatever,”’ Hinckley wrote.

Although Nick executives are still discussing the future of “Zoey 101,” it’s considered unlikely that it would shelve the final season. The third season ends Jan. 4 with a cliffhanger episode about whether Spears’ character continues to attend a boarding school in California or moves to London with her parents.

Executives at Nick’s rival Disney Channel public relations crisis this summer when Vanessa Hudgens, the 18-year-old star of its “High School Musical” franchise, posed for nude photos that were leaked to the Internet. Hudgens apologized, Disney stuck by her and the issue quickly faded.

Could you imagine, when these 3 kids grow up and they look back on all the gossip because it always comes up again what they will feel like?

Back
Top Bottom