Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #286
Refugee

Local Time: 05:49 PM
I don't think Britney is "fat" by any means. But i do think that by wearing that outfit on national TV, she knew exactly what she was getting into and she deserves all the comments that come her way. She's been in the business long enough to understand how it works. The girl has obviously lost her mind. She keeps on making one bad decision after another. She's completely self-destructing and she doesn't seem to care. I feel bad for her because she obviously needs help, but i don't feel bad that people are calling her fat. Maybe it's the wake up call she needs to stop dressing like a tramp! (maybe, but probably not.)

Old 09-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I agree. I'm incredibly disgusted by the whole thing. I don't recall seeing headlines like "Lard and Clear!" in reference to Bono, who I think we can all agree has always been heavier and more out of shape than most hot rock star men.
I guess some people would respond to that by saying that Bono hasn't built his career on his looks (though they are an enjoyable side dish ), so somehow that justifies the opposing close criticism of Britney's weight. I suppose if you could name a male equivalent of Britney in music/entertainment and see if he was subjected to same. Most actresses are expected to be so thin and beautiful-and woe be to them if they have the slightest stomach pooch-they must be pregnant! Or just "fat".

Criticism exists for males in entertainment but it just isn't on the same level, or done with the same intent. The expectation level is just not the same. They will be criticized for so many things before their weight will ever be brought up. For women in entertainment, not just Britney, the weight will be first or nearly first. Look at what happened to Tyra Banks, just to give one example. And she's not even working as a model. It's not just Britney, and it's not just women who built their careers on their bodies. Of course they will also criticize women for being too thin, but that's done in almost a sideshow circus kind of way.

Yes that "lard and clear" is so unfair, but that's the NY Post for you. Clever headlines and all.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:49 PM
I agree that Britney's performance was god-awful, but I feel sorry for her when people criticize her weight. I literally have the same physique as she does, and all the criticism she's getting is making me feel bad about myself.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I literally have the same physique as she does, and all the criticism she's getting is making me feel bad about myself.
Well I'm jealous, you must be quite hot
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I literally have the same physique as she does, and all the criticism she's getting is making me feel bad about myself.
This is precisely why I'm so angry about this.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I guess some people would respond to that by saying that Bono hasn't built his career on his looks (though they are an enjoyable side dish ), so somehow that justifies the opposing close criticism of Britney's weight. I suppose if you could name a male equivalent of Britney in music/entertainment and see if he was subjected to same. Most actresses are expected to be so thin and beautiful-and woe be to them if they have the slightest stomach pooch-they must be pregnant! Or just "fat".

Criticism exists for males in entertainment but it just isn't on the same level, or done with the same intent. The expectation level is just not the same. They will be criticized for so many things before their weight will ever be brought up. For women in entertainment, not just Britney, the weight will be first or nearly first. Look at what happened to Tyra Banks, just to give one example. And she's not even working as a model. It's not just Britney, and it's not just women who built their careers on their bodies. Of course they will also criticize women for being too thin, but that's done in almost a sideshow circus kind of way.

Yes that "lard and clear" is so unfair, but that's the NY Post for you. Clever headlines and all.
I agree with you completely.

But what about J-lo? Why is she hot and voluptuous while Britney's fat? If Britney's performance had been fantastic, would her weight have been seen in a different light?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

I agree with you completely.

But what about J-lo? Why is she hot and voluptuous while Britney's fat? If Britney's performance had been fantastic, would her weight have been seen in a different light?
Easy. J-Lo has always looked like that. Britney hasn't, so now she is considered a cow. Double standard.

Whatever her problems in life are, being fat isn't one of them.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2

Easy. J-Lo has always looked like that. Britney hasn't, so now she is considered a cow. Double standard.

Whatever her problems in life are, being fat isn't one of them.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by kafrun

k, srsly.. wtf.. is nothing sacred anymore?

what is wrong with that girl????
I think the more important question in regards to that is what is wrong with the photographers?

Yes, she could wear panties, but there are plenty of people out there who don't. In my mind, stuff like that is the fault of the people who are taking the pics, not the person being photgraphed.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

You gotta be jokin', right? Bottom Line: If you're Britney Spears you absolutely know that wherever you are, your picture may be taken. I mean, geez, on this thread alone we saw her at the grocery store. Britney has got to learn to wear undergarments. There's no excuse whatsoever.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #296
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:49 PM
I think the difference is that if your body is comparable to Britney's these days, would you have made the decision to wear something that makes you look like you're squeezed into something way too small?

Granted, the "fat" comments are undeserved, but I don't think you should feel bad. I fully believe everyone here would have more sense than to wear something so unflattering.

Britney seems to be incapable of making a single good decision these days. Since she's apparently stopped listening to anyone around her, it's no wonder she wore something so completely unflattering.

Anyway. I guess my point is: don't feel bad, Interferencers!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I think the difference is that if your body is comparable to Britney's these days, would you have made the decision to wear something that makes you look like you're squeezed into something way too small?
I honestly did not think she looked "squeezed" into anything. I get that she's not in the same shape she used to be in, but I didn't think she looked like she was wearing something way too small at all.

I did, however, think she had a "dead" look in her eyes. Really sad.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I did, however, think she had a "dead" look in her eyes. Really sad.

Xanax and red bull and vodka?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Xanax and red bull and vodka?
Something. She seemed to be moving in slow motion.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Don't take it out on Britney take it out on him.

http://break.com/index/deal-with-me.html