Britney Spears latest adventure - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:50 PM
Old 09-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #272
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but as if her performance wasn't bad enough... afterwards she gave the paparazzi another flash of her vagina.... Here's the sick and twisted link for anyone who cares...

http://www.britney.cl/album/categories.php?cat_id=177
Gross

Old 09-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Gross
k, srsly.. wtf.. is nothing sacred anymore?

what is wrong with that girl????
Old 09-11-2007, 03:43 AM   #274
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
she's "fat' compared to the expectations that are in place for singing/dancing performers who are in near-Olympic calibur shape and are surrounded by team of personal chefs, trainers, and masseusses.

The difference is she wasn't performing for years, and had two babies. The same standards don't apply compared to someone like Rihanna or Beyonce who are in the spotlight constantly, and didn't have kids.

I think only in the weight-obsessed US is her current figure "fat". Factor in that she had 2 kids, and I think that's a very good figure.

There's a difference in being out of shape/less toned and overweight, which the word fat suggests. She may be the former, but not the latter.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

I think only in the weight-obsessed US is her current figure "fat". Factor in that she had 2 kids, and I think that's a very good figure.

I don't even have kids, and I'd love to have a figure like that.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:50 PM
The girl needs to start wearing underwear! If she were Christina Aguilera, she could get away with it, but she's not. Thankfully, Christina has blossomed into a classy woman while Britney has regressed to flea market trash.

Britney's management or record company should've never allowed her to perform at the VMA's. They should've seen that her dreadful performance could possibly do irreperable damage to future record scales.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

The difference is she wasn't performing for years, and had two babies. The same standards don't apply compared to someone like Rihanna or Beyonce who are in the spotlight constantly, and didn't have kids.

There's a difference in being out of shape/less toned and overweight, which the word fat suggests. She may be the former, but not the latter.

i think you're misunderstanding -- she isn't fat. she looks great.

but, by pop star standards, she is fat. and all she needed to do was to wear something different and not a bikini.

and the trend of ultra-skinny models is a european import (see Kate Moss).
Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Page Six says

September 11, 2007 -- Britney Spears has no one to blame but herself for her disastrous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards Sunday night. The lip-synching pop tart showed up for her big comeback late, unprepared and with a drink in her hand.

On Saturday, the day before the VMAs, Spears was scheduled to arrive at rehearsal at around 1 p.m. Our spy said, "She didn't even get to Las Vegas until 4:30 p.m. It was ridiculous . . . The production people at MTV were freaking out . . . Nobody can tell Britney what to do anymore. No one can control her. She is a mess."

To make matters worse, when she arrived in Vegas, Spears didn't go straight to rehearsals.

"She went to her hotel room and ordered a bunch of food and some frozen margaritas," the spy said. "She came down, like, an hour later with a frozen margarita in her hand."

When Spears preformed on Sunday, she stumbled a couple times and couldn't remember the words she was lip-syncing. She covered her mouth at one point but by the end of the song had simply given up any pretense of singing.

"The dance number was spectacular - without her," said our spy at rehearsal. "When the stand-in was rehearsing with the dancers, in the hours they were all waiting for her, it was amazing. Then Britney showed up and refused to do anything. The dancers were supposed to lift and twirl her in the air a few times, and that just wasn't going to happen. The more complicated dance moves had to be erased because she couldn't do them."

Meanwhile, Spears was agitated because she didn't like the outfit MTV had selected for her.

"MTV wanted her to wear a corset outfit. It would have looked great and covered a lot of things up, but she hated it and didn't think it was sexy enough."

Instead, Spears changed into a spangly bra-and-underwear outfit she'd brought with her that emphasized her weight gain over the last year.

MTV execs weren't the only ones worried about Spears' impending debacle. Another spy said, "The dancers were texting pals, asking them to pray for them. They were worried."

After Spears performed at the VMAs, she allegedly broke down in tears but then partied until 3 a.m. She changed outfits several times and again was photographed by paparazzi wearing no underwear.

A rep for Spears didn't return e-mails.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Page Six says

MTV execs weren't the only ones worried about Spears' impending debacle. Another spy said, "The dancers were texting pals, asking them to pray for them. They were worried."
I'm sorry.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i think you're misunderstanding -- she isn't fat. she looks great.

but, by pop star standards, she is fat. and all she needed to do was to wear something different and not a bikini.

and the trend of ultra-skinny models is a european import (see Kate Moss).
If she looks great, why are the "fat" comments there ?

Less toned and in shape than "pop standards", but that's not a surprise given the circumstances. She can still wear a bikini, whether or not it's appropriate is a different matter.

There are skinny models everywhere, not just Europe (it's irrelevant where it started). But no other country is as looks and weight obsessed as the US. I doubt we'd be getting "fat" thrown around as easily elsewhere.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
Well, it looks like she's still got at least one fan... This video is too funny not to share.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #282
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
There are skinny models everywhere, not just Europe (it's irrelevant where it started). But no other country is as looks and weight obsessed as the US. I doubt we'd be getting "fat" thrown around as easily elsewhere.
This is true, but, unluckily for Britney, this happened in the states. And the expectation is that if a pop star comes on stage in a bikini, she's going to be skinny and toned. If you're not in 'pop star bikini' shape, then you wear something else. She had to have known that beforehand. Her people had to have known that beforehand.

But all that is besides the point. Even if Britney was as toned as she was 5 years ago, the number would've still been a disaster. She looked lost up there.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

At 5'8" and a size 6, I must be obese if Britney Spears is fat.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Well I'm taller and a few sizes bigger, so I am definitely obese

Yes she is a pop star and built her career on her looks and her body, but there is still the element of targeting/attacking a woman for her weight. It's not necessary, and the standard doesn't exist just for pop stars. She might not be in pop star bikini shape (to me she looks good but I get it), but she's certainly not fat.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Well I'm taller and a few sizes bigger, so I am definitely obese

Yes she is a pop star and built her career on her looks and her body, but there is still the element of targeting/attacking a woman for her weight. It's not necessary, and the standard doesn't exist just for pop stars. She might not be in pop star bikini shape (to me she looks good but I get it), but she's certainly not fat.
I agree. I'm incredibly disgusted by the whole thing. I don't recall seeing headlines like "Lard and Clear!" in reference to Bono, who I think we can all agree has always been heavier and more out of shape than most hot rock star men.