Britney Spears latest adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spears Turns Herself in to L.A. Police
By Associated Press
Tue Oct 16, 7:13 AM

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears reported to a Los Angeles police station Monday night to face charges of hit and run and driving without a valid license, police said.

Officer Mike Lopez said Spears turned herself in around 9 p.m. and left about 45 minutes later. Spears was fingerprinted and photographed, he said.

"She was fine, cooperative," Lopez said. "She did her business and came out."

Spears, 25, was wearing large designer sunglasses and a black turtleneck dress and jacket. As she left the station, she told KCAL-TV that all went smoothly.

"They were nice," she said of police. She told the station she was wearing the sunglasses because she had pinkeye.

The charges stem from an Aug. 6 wreck during which paparazzi filmed Spears steering her car into another vehicle as she tried to turn into a spot in a Studio City parking lot. The video showed her walking away after assessing the damage to her own car.

The owner of the other car, Kim Robard-Rifkin, filed a police report three days later.

Spears had been ordered to report for booking ahead of an Oct. 25 court appearance.

She has been spending considerable time dealing with legal issues lately. On Oct. 1, a court commissioner ordered her to temporarily relinquish custody of her two young sons to ex-husband Kevin Federline, citing concerns over Spears' drug and alcohol use.

She was in court last week to appeal the order and was granted one overnight stay a week with her boys, but the visits must be monitored.

LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears can't even visit her children now.

The troubled pop star may not see 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James _ who are in the custody of Spears' ex-husband, Kevin Federline _ until she complies with a court order, Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon ruled.

The order, dated Wednesday, does not spell out what directives Spears defied. A hearing in the matter was scheduled for Oct. 26.

A message left with Spears' attorney, Anne Kiley, was not immediately returned.

trainwreck.gif

MrsSpringsteen said:
LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears can't even visit her children now.

The troubled pop star may not see 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James _ who are in the custody of Spears' ex-husband, Kevin Federline _ until she complies with a court order, Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon ruled.

The order, dated Wednesday, does not spell out what directives Spears defied. A hearing in the matter was scheduled for Oct. 26.

A message left with Spears' attorney, Anne Kiley, was not immediately returned.

I just saw this on Yahoo!. This is just incredibly sad.:sad:

I saw her on E! the other night coming out of the police station after she was booked, and she sounded totally out of it. It was almost like she was medicated or something.:huh: Maybe the police noted that.

Britney Spears allegedly ran over a photographer's foot Thursday night when she was swarmed pulling out of a Beverly Hills parking garage.

The incident happened on the same day she reached a financial agreement with the owner of the car that she damaged on Aug. 6.

In video footage of this latest incident, Spears, 25, driving her white Mercedes convertible, slowly exits the garage while a mob of paparazzi begin taking photos.

Bulbs flashing, a man in a camouflage jacket is seen falling to the ground near her front left tire while apparently shouting in pain.

Another photographer – "Michael" who works for the Web site Celebrity Babylon – told ABC7 that he witnessed the unnamed man's foot get run over.

Spears raises a hand to her mouth in shock and is then seen crying behind the wheel as she leaves the scene without checking on the man's condition.

Beverly Hills police say no one contacted them to file a report.

Spears will be arraigned on two driving-related misdemeanor charges on Oct. 25.

Video

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=entertainment&id=5715236

Yeah, even though she's a total dumbass and a horrible driver, that paparazzi probably deserved to get run over. With the way they swarm her car all the time, this was bound to happen. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm actually surprised that worse accidents haven't happened to these paparazzi types.

^ I agree.

It wouldn't have done any good if she got out to check on him. She would have been swarmed by all the other photographers.

from tmz.com

Brit Does It Again
Posted Oct 19th 2007 12:32PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Britney Spears

TMZ has learned that Britney Spears stood up her parenting coach yesterday, and apparently, it's the last straw for the coach.

Sources say Britney had a scheduled time to meet the coach yesterday at her Malibu home. The coach made the trek, but no Britney.

We're told during the hearing earlier this week, the coach phoned in and asked the Commissioner if she could end the home visits, presumably because they were going nowhere. Seems like Britney was ignoring the coach -- like everyone else who gives her advice.

And get this -- after the court hearing last week, as Britney got in the elevator, she said, "Why didn't he (the Commissioner) lock down the building for me?" It's her world, we just live in it.

Lawyer: Spears regains child visitation
AP: Mon Oct 22, 11:54 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears has regained temporary visitation rights of her sons, her attorney said Sunday.

"Yes, she has visitation with the children," her lawyer, Anne Kiley, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press without elaborating.

Spears was spotted driving with the boys, Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, on Saturday in the San Fernando Valley, People magazine reported on its Web site.

A presumed court-appointed monitor was in the passenger seat of the white Mercedes convertible, and her sons were in the back seat, the magazine reported.

Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon had told Spears on Wednesday that she could not visit her two young children without a parenting coach present until she complies with a court order.

The mandate did not spell out what directives Spears failed to comply with.

Among other things, Gordon ordered her to undergo random weekly drug testing, citing evidence that Spears engaged in "habitual, frequent and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol."

A hearing on the matter was scheduled for Oct. 26.

Wednesday's ruling followed an emergency hearing, the latest in a custody battle between Spears and ex-husband Kevin Federline.

A phone message left with Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, was not immediately returned Sunday.

TMZ has learned Britney Spears' parenting coach has submitted her report to the court, and it ain't pretty.

Sources say the two-and-a-half page report says Britney totally ignored the coach -- didn't even acknowledge her presence. The coach says she was unable to teach Britney anything, because Spears didn't want to listen.

The report, which was presented to the court yesterday and will be critical in determining if Spears should regain 50/50 custody, concludes that Britney often ignores her kids and lives in her own little world -- that Britney often disappeared and wasn't around the kids or the coach. We're told the coach has said Brit spends a lot of time on the phone and changing clothes.

I think I'll listen to the album for a lark. Gimme More has a pretty good beat, and In The Zone wasn't awful or anything. At least Toxic was on it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
TMZ has learned Britney Spears' parenting coach has submitted her report to the court, and it ain't pretty.

Sources say the two-and-a-half page report says Britney totally ignored the coach -- didn't even acknowledge her presence. The coach says she was unable to teach Britney anything, because Spears didn't want to listen.

The report, which was presented to the court yesterday and will be critical in determining if Spears should regain 50/50 custody, concludes that Britney often ignores her kids and lives in her own little world -- that Britney often disappeared and wasn't around the kids or the coach. We're told the coach has said Brit spends a lot of time on the phone and changing clothes.

:lol: this is comical..

That's nice and all.. but of all the people in the world that need someone to reach out to them, they're focusing on her? :eyebrow:

I listened to Blackout just now.

Mmm...what to say...it's certainly not awful. Actually, I would say I enjoyed it more than any of her other records, but there's something rushed, incomplete, and lazy about the whole thing.

For starters, the album is completely front-loaded. After song 5 or 6, the album falls apart. There are some truly great songs in that first half, however, that make the whole album worth a listen. Piece Of Me, for instance, has a truly creative and intriguing beat. I really dug it. Radar is a good one too, and can't forget Gimme More: Britney circa 2007 in a single song, for better or worse.

As expected, the lyrics are generally weak and predictable. Hot As Ice needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Also expected, the album has no flow. The album closer Why Should I Be Sad just kind of feels thrown in there, and it makes little impression.

Still, the album is surprisingly creative, fun, and enjoyable in spite of its obvious flaws. By song 5, I was expecting it to actually be a great record. Whew.

3/5

Britney Spears allowed visits with sons
By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer
Tue Oct 30, 9:06 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears can have sleepovers with her two boys — if she has regular drug and alcohol tests, childproofs her home and buckles the kids in car seats, a court commissioner ruled Tuesday.

The pop star, who is seeking to regain the shared custody she lost earlier this month, also must continue meeting with a court-appointed parenting coach, Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon ruled.

Calls to lawyers representing Spears, 25, and her ex-husband Kevin Federline, 29, were not immediately returned.

The nine-page ruling said Spears could have overnight visits with her kids — something she had been seeking. She will get two visits a week from noon to 7 p.m. and one from noon to 10 a.m. the next morning. All the visits will be monitored.

The order also cited some details of an Oct. 19 report submitted by parenting coach Lisa Hacker about her observations of Spears with Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1.

The report makes it clear that Hacker feels Spears "loves her children and the children are bonded" to her, the ruling states.

However, Hacker was concerned that Spears didn't seem to have "child-centered" interactions, according to the ruling.

The "environment at the house ranged from chaotic to almost somber with little communication at all," Hacker reported, according to the ruling.

During all three of her visits, Spears "rarely engaged with the children in either conversation or play," Hacker said in her report.

Hacker also reported that Spears seemed to have a "lack of general attention at times" but added there was nothing she "would characterize as abusive in a traditional sense."

Hacker added that during an additional visit Oct. 23, Spears seemed "much more engaged with (Hacker) and the children," the ruling stated.

Last year, authorities went to Spears' home to investigate after she was photographed driving with Sean on her lap. Gordon addressed the issue in his ruling.

"The minor children are not to be transported in a motor vehicle by any party unless the children are properly secured in a properly installed child safety seat," the ruling said.

The ruling came after a three-hour hearing last Friday attended by both Spears and Federline. Extensive testimony was presented on a number of issues.

Gordon previously said there was evidence that Spears is a "habitual, frequent and continuous" user of drugs and alcohol.

He had withdrawn approval for her to even visit the children after finding she had failed to comply with some conditions for shared custody.

He later withdrew the ban and allowed her to visit Sean and Jayden — but only in the presence of a court-approved monitor.

Spears had filed a request Friday to "terminate or modify" the order, according to court records. Additional details about the request weren't disclosed.

I love Valerie Bertinelli's advice to Britney if she wants to get her kids back: "Put your underwear on, go home and take care of your kids. You don't need to go out that many times"

Obvious and to the point. If K-Fed gets the kids something is seriously wrong! Whoever thought he'd be thought of as the most responsible person to care for kids? It looks to me like Britney is trying to compensate for her lack of recent hits and sagging (in more place than one) talent by keeping herself overexposed in the media hoping people won't forget her and she'll still be famous. The paparazzi used to say she was one of the rare stars that invited the camera instead of running from it. She loves it. Look at when she shaved her fool head. She could have done it at home if she just wanted to be bald but she goes and knocks on the door of a closed salon with an entire entourage following her. Is that not a 'look at me' moment? She's desperate for attention. But you see how she bombed on the MTV awards. Maybe if she took a few years off to raise the kids and tried again she wouldn't be such a joke but I really think she was a pop phemom of her time and it's not going to translate into grownup longterm fame. She'll end up on a reality show.

i just don't see why she keeps getting so many chances in regards to visitation. she keeps not showing up for meetings with counselors and such, and they're like "oh okay well you can have visitation again even though you haven't met with this person. but you have to promise to meet with them!" over and over.

oh well.

Back
Top Bottom