Britney Spears latest adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsMofoGone said:

Rosie O'Donnell ?? :yikes:

haha. one of many who choose negative ways of getting attention. LiLo, Paris, Nicole Ritchie tend to choose not so positive ways of getting attention in the media. However, I must say Lilo is laying low and Nicole is doing her best to remain a positive presence.

Do you guys remember a few years ago the rivalry between Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera? It's so astounding now the difference between the two of them. Christina still has a somewhat successful career and is able to keep her personal life fairly private. Whereas Britney on the other hand, is now the poster child for bad decisions. It annoys me that she complains about the paparazzi following her and stuff and yet we keep seeing her at these places where the paparazzi are known to be at. It's just completely ridiculous. If she wants to get her life back on some sort of track the only way I think she'll be able to do that is if she just gets the hell out of Hollywood and California all together. She needs to escape the party scene, big cities, and her current associates as they're doing nothing but dooming her. If she removed herself from the scene for a couple years and lived quietly in suburbia land I'd think we'd see a whole new person. Or at least someone not on the constant verge of a breakdown.

i'm sure she and her people are in close contact with the paps and make sure they know where she is going to be. It is no coincidence that they are there.. I mean the crotch shot photos.. how planned is that.. especially the second time..

AngelofHarlem01 said:
Do you guys remember a few years ago the rivalry between Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera? It's so astounding now the difference between the two of them. Christina still has a somewhat successful career and is able to keep her personal life fairly private. Whereas Britney on the other hand, is now the poster child for bad decisions. It annoys me that she complains about the paparazzi following her and stuff and yet we keep seeing her at these places where the paparazzi are known to be at. It's just completely ridiculous. If she wants to get her life back on some sort of track the only way I think she'll be able to do that is if she just gets the hell out of Hollywood and California all together. She needs to escape the party scene, big cities, and her current associates as they're doing nothing but dooming her. If she removed herself from the scene for a couple years and lived quietly in suburbia land I'd think we'd see a whole new person. Or at least someone not on the constant verge of a breakdown.

i sure do remember this.. It's not too hard to go in the right direction and be successful.. Christina is no rocket scientist or anything .. :lol:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
i'm sure she and her people are in close contact with the paps and make sure they know where she is going to be. It is no coincidence that they are there.. I mean the crotch shot photos.. how planned is that.. especially the second time..
and third and fourth and fifth time :huh:

from tmz.com

Britney's Fat Tony: "I Feared for Her Life"
Posted Sep 23rd 2007 9:30AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

The big former bodyguard who last week in an L.A. court gave apparently damning testimony about Britney Spears' drinking and drug use has now let it all hang out about Brit to a Brit tab.

In an interview with the News of the World in both print and on video, Tony "Fat Tony" Barretto makes numerous and specific allegations about the popwreck, and details her bizarre behavior as a mom and employer. He claims that she allowed her boys to walk around the pool unsupervised, that she would often forget to feed them, and she "would scream and cry uncontrollably" in front of them. What's more, she would talk in gibberish -- Brit-ish? -- that would confuse and scare the kids.

Barretto also charges that Britney "burps and farts a lot," but insists to her staff that she "can't be disgusted by your breath." What's more, she tromped around in the nude all the time -- but staffers had to "act coy."

I DO remember the rivalry between Christina A. and Brit. I thought Christina was such a skank and my preference was Brit. Well the two of them now are on opposite poles of the earth and could NOT be more different. Brit's disgusting and now I prefer Christina. I hope she and her hubby have a healthy baby and family life!

the drama ensues...

Brit Bodyguard -- "Don't Let Her Swim with Kids!"
Posted Sep 24th 2007 8:25AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

One of Britney Spears' security guys was so concerned that she might hurt her two sons, he once tried to keep her from swimming with the kids -- at her own home.

So says former Spears bodyguard Tony "Fat Tony" Barretto, who makes the new allegation in another interview with the British tabs. He tells the Daily Mail that he "thought she was going to hurt the kids" and that at one point, says Barretto, she started to wig out, just like she did during her head-shaving spree.

That's when, according to Fat Tony, another member of the security detail said, "I'm worried about the kids. Don't let her go swimming with them." Asked Barretto, "Is she going to drown them?" and started to cry. "How am I supposed to protect someone like that?"

Lawyers Meet in Spears' Custody Dispute
By Associated Press
Mon Sep 24, 7:19 PM

LOS ANGELES - Attorneys for Britney Spears and Kevin Federline were back in court Monday in an ongoing custody dispute involving the pair's children.

Federline's lawyer, Mark V. Kaplan, said the unscheduled court session was called to "refine certain areas" of a judge's previous order in the case. He would not elaborate.

Spears' attorney, Sorrell Trope, confirmed in a telephone interview that the hearing involved issues related to the custody case. He declined to comment further.

The court hearing came days after city prosecutors charged Spears with misdemeanor counts of hit-and-run and driving without a valid license, claiming she smashed her car into another in a parking lot in August.

Kaplan said he does not expect the filing of the misdemeanor charges last week to have any impact on the upcoming hearing dates on Federline's request to increase his custody time with the former couple's two young sons. They divide time with the children equally.

The first hearing date is Nov. 26, but the second date has been delayed from Dec. 18 to early January, Kaplan said.

Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon, who held Monday's in-chambers session with the lawyers, is presiding over the custody dispute. He issued orders last week directing Spears to undergo random testing twice a week after finding she is involved in "habitual, frequent and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol."

If convicted on the driving changes, Spears could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for each count. Authorities said the accident occurred Aug. 6, when she was filmed by paparazzi steering her car into another vehicle as she tried to turn into a spot in a parking lot. Spears was scheduled to be arraigned in that case Oct. 10, but she is not required to appear.

Spears, 25, and ex-husband Federline, 29, are the parents of Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1.

Silverman Discusses Spears Jokes at VMAs
By Associated Press
Tue Sep 25, 5:17 PM

NEW YORK - Sarah Silverman still is responding to the negative reaction to her Britney Spears jokes at the MTV Video Music Awards.

"The joke that everyone was upset about _ me calling the kids `adorable mistakes' _ was the most innocuous joke," the 36-year-old comedian tells Us Weekly magazine in the issue that comes out Friday. "It never occurred to me that would be deemed hurtful or over the line."

Says Silverman: "I don't want to get into feuds with girls half my age. I'm in it to be funny and not for the drama. It's embarrassing."

Silverman, known for her deadpan delivery and winsome depravity, drew criticism earlier this month when she followed Spears' much-panned VMA performance with an off-color monologue taking aim at the troubled singer and her two sons with ex-husband Kevin Federline.

"They are the most adorable mistakes you will ever see," Silverman said of Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1.

Silverman also joked that Spears, at 25, had already accomplished in her life everything she ever will.

Silverman, who dates late-night talk-show host Jimmy Kimmel, has her own Comedy Central series, "The Sarah Silverman Program." She also starred in a feature film-length version of her one-woman show, "Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic."

"The joke that everyone was upset about _ me calling the kids `adorable mistakes' _ was the most innocuous joke," the 36-year-old comedian tells Us Weekly magazine in the issue that comes out Friday. "It never occurred to me that would be deemed hurtful or over the line."

Is this comedian for real ?? :huh:
Why in the world would she choose to joke about Britney's kids ?? Absolutely ridiculous !! :madspit:

cnn.com

A court has ordered pop singer Britney Spears to give up custody of her children effective Wednesday at noon, according to court papers.

tmz.com

L.A. County Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon issued an order today stating that Kevin Federline, the boys' father, "is to retain physical custody of the minor children on Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM until further order of the court."

Wow. I never thought K-Fed would turn out to be the responsible parent, but he's proven himself to be such. Also, the boys will be around Britney's parents and Kevin's mom which will be a good thing. It's sad, but maybe this is what it will have to take to make Britney see she needs to get her life together.

U2Girl416 said:
I gotta say despite her behavior, didn't think this would happen. figured her hotshot lawyers would get her out of this mess. weird to think of K-Fed as the better parent of these two :huh:

i agree. hopefully this will be an eye opener for her to get herself together. but i worry that it'll just break her down even more.. i really hope it doesn't. :(

AngelofHarlem01 said:

but i worry that it'll just break her down even more.. i really hope it doesn't. :(

i agree, and i hope it isnt the case.

She's nuts. Driving around without a license with her kids, apparently she's NEVER had one. :|

Though I cant imagine how she's feeling right now, having to give up her kids. Just because she may not be the ideal mother, I'm sure she loves them very much and this could probably push her over the edge. Very sad.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I have to wonder if this will be the final straw to get her to face reality, at this point I don't know if anything can. It's very sad.

I sure hope so for the kids sake! But I have to say I don't have a good feeling about this. I think she is going to do something crazy like dare I say it but hurt herself or the kids.. or take off to Europe and hide with the kids somewhere... :sad:

why brit brit lost custody...

Why Britney Lost Custody
Posted Oct 1st 2007 8:09PM by Harvey Levin
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Britney Spears

TMZ knows exactly why Britney lost custody -- she ignored the Commissioner at every turn.

Rewind to last month. L.A. County Commissioner Scott Gordon ordered Spears to do a number of things in order to maintain 50/50 custody.

Spears was ordered to meet with a drug counselor -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to submit to drug testing -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to enroll in parenting classes -- didn't do it.

Spears was also required to sign the judge's order -- again, she didn't.

And last Friday, Commissioner Gordon prohibited both Spears and K-Fed from driving the children unless they had a valid California driver's license. Gordon was pissed today when TMZ posted video of Spears cavalierly driving her kids around Malibu.

In short, Spears did everything wrong ... by doing nothing.

U2isthebest said:
Wow. I never thought K-Fed would turn out to be the responsible parent, but he's proven himself to be such.

Has he, though? It seems that he is only a better parent than her, which, sadly, is not difficult.

Here's the story ...

Spears Ordered to Give Kids to Federline
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
4 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears' continuing downward spiral took a devastating turn Monday when she was ordered to relinquish custody of her children by a judge who had cited her drug-and-alcohol-fueled lifestyle.

Superior Court Judge Scott M. Gordon ruled that that ex-husband Kevin Federline will take Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, beginning Wednesday "until further order of the court."

The order stemmed from an unspecified oral motion made by Federline's lawyers and was handled in a closed-door hearing. The judge's order did not state the reason for the change in custody and he ordered all transcripts of the proceedings sealed.

Phone messages left for representatives of Spears and Federline were not immediately returned Monday.

Last month, Gordon said Spears engaged in "habitual, frequent and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol" and ordered her to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week as part of her ongoing custody dispute with Federline.

Spears also was previously ordered to meet weekly with a "parenting coach" who was to observe and report back to the court about her parenting skills. Both Spears and Federline must complete the court's "Parenting Without Conflict" class.

Spears, 25, and Federline, 29, were married in October 2004. She filed for divorce last November and it became official in July. The two have joint custody of their sons, but Federline is seeking a greater share of custody.

Since Spears became single, her troubles have played out in the tabloids. First she was photographed at various Hollywood hotspots partying hard with Paris Hilton _ appearing drunk and out-of-control. Some photos captured the pop star without panties. Then Spears shaved her head as paparazzi captured the moment, beat a car with an umbrella and ended up spending a month in rehab.

An MTV Video Music Awards performance last month meant to herald her comeback was universally panned, with Spears appearing spaced-out and lethargic _ and, in some eyes, less than buff. The following week, Spears' management firm dropped her and her divorce lawyer resigned.

She then was charged with misdemeanor counts of hit-and-run and driving without a valid license for allegedly crashing into a parked car in August.

The driving offenses likely compelled the judge to issue Monday's orders, said New York divorce lawyer Raoul Felder.

"She was driving without a license with a child in the car," he said. "You can put aside the in and out of rehab, the shaving her head. But this? When a judge went out on a limb for her? There's no going back."

Though Spears must relinquish physical custody of the children until further ruling from the court, she and Federline still share legal custody.

Los Angeles divorce lawyer Connolly Oyler said he's surprised the children weren't taken from Spears sooner. Judges typically remove youngsters from households where parents are ordered to undergo drug testing, he said.

"There may have been another incident and the judge had had enough," Oyler said.

But, he added, all is not lost for Spears.

"If she picks a good counselor and gets a different set of friends, there's a good chance she can turn things around," he said, noting "she's only 25."

The couple is due back in court Oct. 3. Spears' new album is set to be released Nov. 13.

It's tragic. The girl has everything and her life is such a mess. I'm sure she loves her kids and I hope she learns something from her past mistakes and tries to get her life in order. I feel especially sorry for her little kids.

Originally posted by last unicorn
I'm sure she loves her kids and I hope she learns something from her past mistakes and tries to get her life in order. I feel especially sorry for her little kids.

Yeah ... but does she realize the impact her behavior may have had on her children so far ??
She obviously can't take care of them the way they need to be cared for.
I hope Kevin sets a better example for their children and Britney needs to get help RIGHT NOW !! :up:
No more waiting ... or feeling it's not necessary. :der:

If the paparazzi weren't involved, dude, and witnessed all of these incidents, when the children would be in Britney's care.

My mom would leave me home alone for days at at a time while she was out partying, sometimes without food. Other times she would bully and abuse me while drunk.

No judge ever took me away from that.

I'm not saying that Britney is a bad mother, I'm just saying that most judges give back the children to their mother, even when the allegations are true.

Sad. :(

Back
Top Bottom