Britney Spears latest adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you zoots. I'm guessing that Brit is probably around 5'6" probably weighs around 130 pounds.

That would give her a bmi somewhere around 21. That's great shape.

I'm just saying that our society has gotten so heavy that I'm shocked what people call 'in shape'.

Zootlesque said:
America's ridiculous obsession (probably the whole world's obsession!) with skinny celebs is beyond me. There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy! Other than the WTF strip club attire, Britney looked fine on stage at the VMAs.

Well said, Zoots :up:

Zootlesque said:
There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy! Other than the WTF strip club attire, Britney looked fine on stage at the VMAs.

Interestingly, most of the men I've talked to agree.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Say what you will about the outcome, Britney Spears' VMA performance was one of the most-anticipated ones in years. But think how much bigger it would have been had it been billed as Spears taking the stage with former flame Justin Timberlake to perform together. Huge, right? Well, Timbaland — who claims to have nearly collaborated with the singer in the past — says Brit has quashed any chance of a JT collabo taking place anytime soon.

The super-producer told MTV News during VMA weekend that a prospective team-up between the two would be "the best thing that ever happened" and would "help her out a whole lot." But he then dismissed the possibility, saying in so many words that Brit has become big-headed and had dissed him and Justin. "It'll never happen. Nah. It could've, but it won't."

Timbaland previously said he got close to working with the singer, telling Entertainment Weekly in March, "I just want to take her away, go overseas and work [it] out. ... I asked Justin, 'How would you feel about me working with Britney?' ... 'Would you do it with me?' " Timbaland told the magazine that JT was willing to get involved at the time. "She's just gotta be serious."

Now Timbo has even more advice to give her about getting her career back on track. "She needs a story," he said. "She has no comeback story. That's the problem. She has to have a team. She needs to come back with Justin doing records; [then we'd see headlines like,] 'She went back to her ex and she's making smashes.' [But instead she got] so big-headed and [was] like, 'Screw you, screw you, I don't need nobody.' "

So is there any chance for Spears to rectify the situation and possibly work with Timberlake and Timbaland? Yes, says the super-producer — if she apologizes.

"She should humble herself and make a phone call and say, 'I'm sorry.' She knows what she's sorry about," Tim said. "She needs to say, 'I was wrong,' and it'll definitely move forward. ... That's all she has to say."
All this Timbaland/Timberlake stuff is real hard to follow. Which is which? And what kind of boots do they where?

Timberland%20low.jpg

Zootlesque said:
America's ridiculous obsession (probably the whole world's obsession!) with skinny celebs is beyond me. There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy!
My hip bones don't stick out, I fail at being sexy :sigh:

I've just watched the performance on YouTube. Britney is definitely not fat and some of the media comments on her weight are frankly sickening, but she'd have to be pretty damn stupid or naive or delusional not to anticipate the reaction. When you've made your career out of displaying your uber-toned body in skimpy little outfits, you're going to be judged harshly if you're trying to pull off the same thing while your body is not in the shape it once was. Unfair but true.

Zootlesque said:
America's ridiculous obsession (probably the whole world's obsession!) with skinny celebs is beyond me. There's nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones! There's nothing wrong with a slight belly. It's sexy! Other than the WTF strip club attire, Britney looked fine on stage at the VMAs.

My ribs don't show so maybe Americans don't think I'm sexy.

:(

:wink:

from tmz.com
Britney Flopping on Another Awards Stage?
Posted Sep 14th 2007 8:23AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

Could Britney Spears truly shock the world again -- by appearing on yet another awards show just a week after her infamous Sunday night massacre?

Could be, reports Usmagazine.com, who say that FOX is in talks with Britney's peeps to book the poptastrophe for this Sunday night's Emmy show. Thankfully, she won't be dancing, says a show source: "The idea is to have her come on and apologize for the VMAs. She's weighing the offer."

The Spears camp, meanwhile, "can't say this is 100 percent not true," and suggests that the talks aren't "going through the official channels."

Honestly, if I were Britney, I wouldn't do it. Why make yourself look like a damn fool twice in one week? She's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, so I'm pretty sure she'd botch the apology too.

Here's the problem: Britney has ZERO talent! She used to kind of be able to dance. She certainly can't write songs or sing. She's really not that smart either. If she were, she wouldn't have married K-Fed.

What was her only commodity: She was a piece of ass! Plain and simple. She knew that much. Go out on stage, wear some ridiculous outfit, bop around on stage with a bunch of way better backup dancers and lipsynch all of your overproduced, underwritten popslop. Sounds like a model for success, right?

Here's her mistake: She fucked with her commodity. She shot out a couple of kids (nothing wrong with that, btw), married a loser, and continued to drink and drug her way into rehab after she broke up with the loser. She was no longer a piece of ass. Therefore, taking away her only redeeming quality.
So, when you see all of these fools say Britney is fat, they are saying she's fat by Britney's own standards. No one watches Britney because she's got good songs or because she can sing. No way, Jose. I'm pretty sure even Britney knows this. She was dumb enough to select an outfit that she looked bad in to wear on the fuckin VMA's! Even though the VMA's suck, a lot of people are still going to watch the show.
Simply put, if Britney is no longer a piece of ass, she no longer has a career. I mean none of us gave a shit that she was lipsynching, right? Usually that might've bothered a "music" fan, right?
So if you want a performer who can sing, dance, right decent songs and oh yes, actually sing the fuckin' songs well, try Christina Aguilera instead.

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
from tmz.com
Britney Flopping on Another Awards Stage?
Posted Sep 14th 2007 8:23AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

Could Britney Spears truly shock the world again -- by appearing on yet another awards show just a week after her infamous Sunday night massacre?

Could be, reports Usmagazine.com, who say that FOX is in talks with Britney's peeps to book the poptastrophe for this Sunday night's Emmy show. Thankfully, she won't be dancing, says a show source: "The idea is to have her come on and apologize for the VMAs. She's weighing the offer."

The Spears camp, meanwhile, "can't say this is 100 percent not true," and suggests that the talks aren't "going through the official channels."

Oh Please. This article has to be a joke. What the fuck does Britney have to do with the Emmy's? How ridiculous.

If she wants to issue an apology, she should go on Larry King. She has no business being at the Emmys.

why in the world would anyone expect her to apologize? And for what?

It's not the world she should be apologizing to. Now I don't have the slightest clue as to why she was as off as she was in her performance, but theres been tons of bad performances and tales of people just walking off stage in the middle of a set or show. They never apologized.

For this I say let her be. She knows she was crap. Granted there may be some truth in it that she was upset regarding Sarah Silverman talking about her kids and calling them mistakes, and if so...than I think it would have been even better for Brittany to have walked out there, told Sarah Silverman where to shove it and said F*** you all, and never have performed that night.

That would have probably been better than her performing....but the girl does need help and needs to clean up her act and pull her life together. I don't think she owes anyone but her family an apology. She should be saying "screw the rest of the world" and focus on getting herself back up on that horse.

MTV should apologize for exploiting someone who is clearly not ready to perform in her current state. Did they really think she was going to miraculously get her shit together and dazzle everyone again? They threw her to the wolves for ratings, period.

Her management should apologize for letting her perform, knowing she isn't capable right now. But who cares when you're getting a cut, right?

Anyone who agrees to let her perform right now is using her for shock value or for for ratings and should be ashamed of themselves.

She shouldn't apologize for anything.

Why should her management take responsibility? Why does she need her management to tell her that she isn't ready to perform? She should know her own limits. Is she really so stupid that she doesn't know her own capabilities? She should know when she is or isn't capable of performing at an acceptable level, and if she isn't, she should have presence of mind to just say, 'No. I don't care what you offer me. No.'

The problem with so many young celebrities today is that they don't do enough thinking for themselves. They just listen to everything their 'people' tell them. If you do that for too long, you become a puppet.

She needs to take responsibility for own decisions. However, that does NOT mean going on the Emmys. That's just stupid.

Here's the latest news ...

Britney's Lawyer Aims to "Stop the Madness"
Fri Sep 14, 2:24 PM

It's a mad, mad world out there—and details about Britney Spears' family court proceedings won't make it any saner, according to the struggling pop star's attorney.

"No one could have contemplated the plethora of media activity…sadly, in my opinion," attorney Laura Wasser argued Friday at a hearing on whether court documents detailing Spears' and Kevin Federline's financial and custody support arrangements should be made public.

"This is the perfect instance to stop the madness," Wasser said.

Two days after Spears and Federline met up at Wasser's office to try and work out their issues in advance of a custody hearing scheduled for Monday—Federline is seeking primary physical custody of sons Sean Preston and Jayden James—the lawyer faced off against Los Angeles station KNBC-TV and People, each of which is asserting its right to dig deeper into the case.

Attorney Alonzo Wickers IV, representing People and KNBC, cited two other cases in which not all documents pertaining to custody and financial support battles were kept sealed.

L.A. Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon said he would rule on the matter on Monday, keeping his July 30 ruling that the divorce documents in question remain sealed intact for the time being.

"Privacy coupled with the interests of the children—that's the overriding interest," attorney Dennis Wasser—Laura's father, who's also representing Spears—said Friday.

Federline's camp is also angling to keep the records sealed.

Meanwhile, according to a court document signed Friday (one that apparently fell through a crack in the system), Spears is going to keep paying her former Chaotic costar $20,000 a month in spousal support.

A source close to the situation confirmed to E! News, however, that the agreement—an old one—ends Nov. 1 and that the amount of child support Federline will receive beyond that date has already been determined. The part-time rapper has the option to request more, the source said, but as of now he has only petitioned for cash to cover his legal fees.

Spears and Federline's split was finalized on July 30, and the two have been sharing custody, but K-Fed, blaming Brit's reportedly erratic behavior, wants the boys to stay with him, where they're "isolated from risks," as explained by his lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan.

After court Friday, Wasser told reporters that Spears, contrary to whatever the public thinks, "just wants to be a mom. I believe this is a frustrating time for her."

It has been a crazy week for the ex-couple. Friday's hearing came on the same day their firstborn, Sean Preston, turned two. Their other son, Jayden James, turned one on Wednesday. Federline held a party for the boys in Los Angeles on Sunday, hours before Spears' Video Music Awards disaster.

The theoretically forgettable performance has given way to speculation that Spears might show up at the Emmys this Sunday to apologize.

Us Weekly's Website quoted a source who said Fox was "in negotiations" with the "Toxic" singer to appear and that she was "weighing the offer."

Asked about the impact Spears' VMA performance has had on her this week, Wasser said it was certainly on the 25-year-old's mind—regretfully.

"I think she just wants to be a mom, and both of her kids' birthdays are this week, and I think she would've liked to celebrate with them without having to worry about the entire nation—the entire world—being concerned about what's going on with her personally and her custody battle with Mr. Federline," Wasser said.

But K-Fed, for one, is "doing great," according to his attorney.

"I don't know what thing you are referring to," Kaplan said when asked if Spears' showing at the VMAs could help or hurt his case, "and I'm not going to talk about any strategy. I think how she is doing is something for her attorneys to address."

The theoretically forgettable performance has given way to speculation that Spears might show up at the Emmys this Sunday to apologize.

Us Weekly's Website quoted a source who said Fox was "in negotiations" with the "Toxic" singer to appear and that she was "weighing the offer."

Even if she does apologize ... will that make 'everything better' for her ?? :hmm:

Towards the thing with the zoot comments, I agree with zoots, but it wasn't like she had meat on her bones.. She is still skinny, it's not like she's a little fat. I just think it was the right thing to wear if she was not going to be in the very skinny shape she was in.

She didnt look SO bad at the vma's. she just looked like she had a little to much to drink and looked a little messed up.

People are also saying she blew up her only chance to come back. Um no, she can come back when ever she chooses and she when she does, she is going to be liked as much as she was before her kids, etc.

She should just go back to be a mom, wait a few years, and she will come back great.

tpsreports2424 said:
Towards the thing with the zoot comments, I agree with zoots, but it wasn't like she had meat on her bones.. She is still skinny, it's not like she's a little fat. I just think it was the right thing to wear if she was not going to be in the very skinny shape she was in.

She didnt look SO bad at the vma's. she just looked like she had a little to much to drink and looked a little messed up.

People are also saying she blew up her only chance to come back. Um no, she can come back when ever she chooses and she when she does, she is going to be liked as much as she was before her kids, etc.

She should just go back to be a mom, wait a few years, and she will come back great.

I kind of agree with Sarah Silverman. Britney has "accomplished" all that she is going to accomplish. The party is over. Britney should simply go away, never come back and choose another profession.

Britney Spears Bombshell: Custody of Kids Imperiled

Sunday, September 16, 2007

By Roger Friedman

Britney Spears could lose custody of her two little kids as early as Monday morning.

This is a real possibility, thanks to crusading Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred. She’s bringing a “secret” witness to court Monday for the custody battle between Spears and ex-husband Kevin Federline.

Forget reports that the “secret” witness doesn’t matter or won’t be heard. In fact, last week Allred filed a signed declaration from the witness, described only as a man who’s had close observation of Spears' behavior with her kids.

The judge in the closed hearing case, Commissioner Scott Gordon, has the declaration, and does not have to rule on it. He can simply read it and enter it into the case’s existing papers. The only way the witness would testify is under cross examination. In other words, the declaration has already served as testimony. It would only be if Spears’ side decided to question that the witness would be asked to speak.

And the witness will be there with Allred at 8:30 a.m. I am told that the witness could blow Spears’ chances of keeping little Sean Preston and Jayden James. The likely observations from the witness concern drug usage by Spears in her home and in front of her kids.

Spears can simply forget reports that were spun to other Web sites that Gordon wouldn’t allow Allred in, or simply rejected the testimony of the unnamed witness. Allred told me Saturday when I reached her by phone that Gordon accepted the declaration and even praised her work.

That’s not good news for Spears, who just had a disaster on the MTV Video Awards and is also trying to complete an album due in stores on Nov. 13. Last week, photos of her without underwear were widely disseminated on the Internet. Federline’s attorney is sure to mention that in court on Monday as well.

Allred, who is often embroiled in very public cases, means business here by the way. She’s kept the witness’ identity a “secret” so as not to start a publicity war. But when the declaration was filed on Friday, Spears and her attorney Laura Wasser would have learned his name. I am assured the person in question is not a drug dealer, and that his credentials will hold up if examined in court.

“You may recognize him as we walk into court,” Allred told me. “But maybe not. He is not famous. He’s just someone who’s concerned about the kids.”

the latest from tmz.com

Brit Witness a Former Bodyguard
Posted Sep 17th 2007 2:31PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Britney Spears

The secret witness in the Britney Spears custody hearing is a former bodyguard of Brit's who worked for the popwreck during her string of less-than-crowd-pleasing House of Blues performances. Oh, the things he saw!

His name is Tony, and he can be seen with Spears in photographs taken in April and May of this year.

At this moment, Tony is still waiting to see if he will be called as a witness today. Either way, TMZ is told that his attorney, Gloria Allred, will hold a presser at the end of the day, where she will reveal his identity and about what Tony plans to testify.

What does Tony know? Stay tuned ...

Well it will be interesting to hear what Allread is going to uncover, I don't think it's going to be all that shocking. I feel so badly for those poor little innocent kids! Parents out of control acting like kids themselves fighting over custody trying to create the world's biggest slam fest to see whose camp can make the others look worse. Pitiful.

The "surprise witness" was an ex-bodyguard who said Britney took drugs and walked around naked a lot. (Random, but whatever.)

She apparently fired him when he wouldn't pick up one of her hats, or some crazy thing.

even more from tmz.com...

Judge to Brit -- You Got Substance Abuse Problems
Posted Sep 18th 2007 6:26PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Britney Spears

The judge in the Britney Spears custody battle found that "there is a habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol by (Britney)." The judge has ordered Britney "to undergo testing for the use of controlled substances and alcohol." Testing will be conducted randomly twice a week.

According to judge's order, no changes were made yesterday in the custody arrangement. As we first reported, custody is split 50/50 between Britney and K-Fed. He wants to change it to 70/30 in his favor.

The documents underscore the bitterness in the custody battle. Judge Scott Gordon ruled that "Each party is restrained from making derogatory remarks about the other party and the other party's family or significant other..."

The judge also prohibits Brit and K-Fed from "using corporal punishment with the minor children and from allowing anyone else to do so."

The judge also ordered the battling parents "to engage in joint co-parenting counseling." The order continues, "Each party is ordered to complete the PARENTING WITHOUT CONFLICT program."

The judge went on, "Neither party shall consume alcohol, or other non-prescription controlled substance during or for the 12 hours immediately preceding any period such party is responsible for the health and safety of the minor children."

Kiki said:
why in the world would anyone expect her to apologize? And for what?

It's not the world she should be apologizing to. Now I don't have the slightest clue as to why she was as off as she was in her performance, but theres been tons of bad performances and tales of people just walking off stage in the middle of a set or show. They never apologized.

For this I say let her be. She knows she was crap. Granted there may be some truth in it that she was upset regarding Sarah Silverman talking about her kids and calling them mistakes, and if so...than I think it would have been even better for Brittany to have walked out there, told Sarah Silverman where to shove it and said F*** you all, and never have performed that night.

That would have probably been better than her performing....but the girl does need help and needs to clean up her act and pull her life together. I don't think she owes anyone but her family an apology. She should be saying "screw the rest of the world" and focus on getting herself back up on that horse.

I'm flabbergasted too - what exactly is she supposed to apologize for? A lack of musical talent? If that's true, she should have been continously apologizing since 1999. Giving a half-assed performance and looking kind of out of it? Not terribly professional, but not exactly a hanging offense, especially if other performers were also half-assed. The only thing we are left with is she has to apologize for not having six-pack abs after having two kids, which is a rather disturbing thought.

Britney's Custody Rx: Counseling and Drug Tests
5 hours ago

Britney Spears might just want to be a mom, but the family court system wants to make sure that she's a reliably sober mom.

According to court documents obtained by E! News, Spears has been ordered to undergo periodic random drug testing to ensure that she gets to keep joint custody of her two sons with ex-husband Kevin Federline, who has been angling to get primary physical custody thanks to his former missus' reckless ways.

"Based on the evidence presented the Court finds that there is a habitual, frequent and continuous use of controlled substances by [Spears]," so the beleaguered pop princess will have to submit to two tests a week, to be given on different days of the week and at different times, per the order handed down by Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Scott M. Gordon.

The order was issued Monday and made public Tuesday. (Thanks to the judge's decision to unseal various documents pertaining to their divorce and custody battle, view the filing.)

Probably not coincidentally, in court Monday was Spears' former bodyguard, Tony Barretto, who stated in a formal declaration that he witnessed "drug use, nudity and safety issues" perpetrated by Spears in front of her children.

"Though he was reluctant to come forward and become embroiled in her custody dispute, he decided to do so because of his concern about the safety and well-being of the children," Barretto's attorney, Gloria Allred, stated in a letter obtained by E! News.

Before stepping down as Spears' attorney of record in the matter, Laura Wasser chalked Barretto's claims up to the accusations of a "disgruntled former employee."

In addition to Gordon's more obvious instructions, such as to make sure that both Spears and K-Fed let the other know if one is planning to leave the state with the kids, refrain from using corporal punishment to discipline year-old Jayden James and two-year-old Sean Preston and not consume any alcohol or nonprescription drugs at least 12 hours prior to caring for the kids, the former Chaotic spouses have also been ordered to attend joint coparenting counseling and complete the county's Parenting Without Conflict program.

They have also been instructed to not badmouth each other in public or in front of the kids.

And while the estranged parents will be spending more time with each other than they would probably like, Spears will be logging even more time on the couch by herself, having also been ordered to attend individual counseling at least once a week to address parenting issues and meet with a parenting coach at least twice a week for a total of eight hours or more.

The coach will observe the 25-year-old singer's interactions with her kids and then provide Federline's camp with a report on those findings by Oct. 22.

If all goes according to Gordon's orders, Spears and Federline will be allowed to continue sharing custody, the arrangement that has been in place since their divorce was finalized in July.

more on the trainwreck...

Britney: Screw "The Man," I'm Ready to Rage!
Posted Sep 19th 2007 8:50AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Train Wrecks, Wacky and Weird, Britney Spears

Just hours after a judge warned the Britster about her problem with drug and alcohol abuse, Spears reacted like any irrepressible gal would -- and got her party on!

TMZ caught the unstoppable mother of two at both Winston's and Hyde last night, where the popwreck was engulfed by paparazzi hoping to get a shot of the hot mess. She was all smiles when she left the first club, but quickly put on her sad face when paps started fighting outside her car.

Her party train then moved to Hyde, where the usually dead club saw a resurgence of paparazzi attention, thanks to Brit Brit. She was again swarmed on her way out, as photogs tried to ask about her kids.

Back
Top Bottom