Britney Spears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sallycinnamon78 said:
I agree with you on that score; I get mad about the same thing. I thought one of the most hypocritical songs ever was Nasty Girl by Destiny's Child. In which they slam some ufortunate female for looking like a "ho" - while wearing practically nothing themselves! :no:

That is odd, yeah.

The thing I find funny is that women for years have been complaining when guys use the words "ho" and "slut" and "whore" to describe them in their songs...they say it's cruel and all that. And yet some of those very same women sit there and call other women those exact same names. If it's not right for guys to do it, girls shouldn't be doing it, either.

Originally posted by sallycinnamon78
Lol! Probably just me looking for a way to vent my inner rage! :wink:

Heh, yeah. Like I said earlier, I'm not a big Britney fan anymore myself, but...when it comes to what she does, I personally just don't have an opinion one way or the other. But I understand other women certainly do, though, and hey, they're entitled to express it all they want.

Angela

Bonochick said:

I think finding her with a lot of clothes on would be the bigger challenge.

That reminds me of an amusing incident I saw a few years back...

The British comedian Paul Kaye used to interview people under the alterego 'Dennis Pennis'. He managed to blag his way into meeting Demi Moore at some huge Hollywood bash. In front of all the other reporters, he asked her something like:

"If it was an integral part of the rols, and it was tastefully done... would you keep your clothes ON in a movie?"

:lmao:

Re: Re: Re: Britney Spears

boystupidboy said:

You dont mean that.She has the face of a model,a super fit body and the voice of an angel.How could anyone resist:shrug:

The voice of an angel???? OMG. More like her mixers are bestowed with magical powers.

sallycinnamon78 said:

It wasn't the skimpiness of the outfits - I don't have a problem with that. It is more the fact that (in the photoshoot I was on about), she was on a small kid's bike, clutching a small child's toy, with 'baby' scrawled across her ass in lipstick. I'm all for celebrating sexuality - but mixing that with childhood is way out of line as far as I'm concerned.

lol!!! In all truth, I couldn't give a rats arse about Spears... I just desperately needed to let off steam and to rant at something. Britney and her lack of talent got into the firing line, so I shot. I still say that her "singing" sounds like a Siamese cat having a skewer inserted in its backside. Not a pretty image.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I HATE that her and her ilk have contributed to the sexualizing of 7 and 8 year old girls. Let kids be kids. :yes:

Moonlit_Angel said:

That is odd, yeah.

The thing I find funny is that women for years have been complaining when guys use the words "ho" and "slut" and "whore" to describe them in their songs...they say it's cruel and all that. And yet some of those very same women sit there and call other women those exact same names. If it's not right for guys to do it, girls shouldn't be doing it, either.

Heh, yeah. Like I said earlier, I'm not a big Britney fan anymore myself, but...when it comes to what she does, I personally just don't have an opinion one way or the other. But I understand other women certainly do, though, and hey, they're entitled to express it all they want.

Angela

See, what you're trying to do is to understand female behaviour. Well, that is impossible. Men have spent centuries trynng to coprehend female frame of thought and have discovered very little.

For instance, women on a normal day will probably not let their skirts rise up much. On the beach hovever, they wear these tiny bathing suits virtually covering about as much as underwear. Normal days women feel awkward when you slightly touch them, in clubs you'll see them get fondled by random guys and they'll enjoy it.

I'm sure there are many more things about women that contradict but really what I'm trying to ellucidate is that as far as understanding women goes: it cannot be done.

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:

See, what you're trying to do is to understand female behaviour. Well, that is impossible. Men have spent centuries trynng to coprehend female frame of thought and have discovered very little.

:lol:

Moonlit_Angel said:

So...would you say it's sad that I'm a girl and even I get confused by the female species sometimes?

But hey, it's a two-way street, bud, as you guys certainly confuse the hell out of us at times, too :p.

Angela

:lol: I was gonna say... Even women don't understand the inscrutable female mind.

Back
Top Bottom