Britney files for divorce (finally!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, he's willing to give up his kids to Britney in her current state?! Jesus, if I was him, I would take those kids and not allow her to be anywhere near them until she gets through whatever it is she's going through. If I were KFed I would seriously petition for emergency custody.

Ya know what?? I have a good life, I always have. Sure, I'm not rich and famous, but I've always had a place to call home, clothes to wear, food to eat, and a family who loves me. However, I still struggled with depression for years which also involved self-destructive behavior and a suicide attempt that almost was successful. Considering that my life has overall been what many would consider to be nice, I can see how it wouldn't make sense. But until you've actually experienced it, you won't understand. For people to say that Britney brought this on herself and she's just a spoiled rich girl is insulting and cruel. You don't understand. I'm not saying I understand what's going on either, but I wouldn't be so harsh in passing judgement on her.

Last edited:
The kids are with her mother right now. And if she is in rehab, she can't have them anyway. All he did was say he would drop his custody case (which was started before a lot of this recent crap) if she remained in rehab for the full treatment.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Oh my God, somebody tie her up or something!

Britney makes Federline look like Mr Rogers and Michael Jackson look sane.

She brought it all upon herself. All the money in the world and couldn't just enjoy it and be grateful. I feel sorry for people who have nothing to eat and starve to death. I feel sorry for people who have been raped and tortured. For Britney? Please. She's a spoiled kid throwing a colossal hissy fit.

So all the money in the world should make life perfect? :lol:

VintagePunk said:

But what if the basis for the behaviour is the same root cause?

I guess it would depend on whether the mental illness/condition is such that it might make someone not in control of their actions.

Is Mike Tyson's depression to blame for his alleged rape? Or chewing someone's ear off? I think that would be a hard sell.

If Britney is indeed suffering some form of depression, I could see that making her act irrationally and turn to substance abuse to try and self-medicate.

Maybe your question is outside of the realm of comparing the two, but in the context of this topic, I can't seem to separate your question from the Mike Tyson vs. Britney thing.

BrownEyedBoy said:

She brought it all upon herself. All the money in the world and couldn't just enjoy it and be grateful. I feel sorry for people who have nothing to eat and starve to death. I feel sorry for people who have been raped and tortured. For Britney? Please. She's a spoiled kid throwing a colossal hissy fit.

you need to pick up a book about 'mental disorders'. they do exist. and they can be painful and lead to your own death, regardless of how rich or poor you are.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Money is hardly a fix. It is completely ignorant to think that just because she has lots of money, that that should prevent her from having problems. She is clearly mentally unstable. I'm sure she didn't do anything to intentionally deteriorate her mental stability. What she's responsible for is not using all the money/resources at her disposal to get the proper help in the right way(i.e. the right way is not going in and out of rehab every 24 hours).

ylimeU2 said:
I just heard on my local news that K-Fed has said he will drop his petition for custody if Britany stays in rehab and continues to get some help. :up: That may help her wake up.

yeah, that was in my post that included the article from tmz.com . I think its on the previous page.

Angela Harlem said:

For someone who is usually so kind to everyone, you sure do come out with some cruel comments every now and then. I dont get what is going on with all of you in here who are gloating over the misfortune and pain of someone else? Are you lot cruel, or is there something wrong upstairs? What makes someone's first gut reaction to be so cold and harshly indifferent?

No compassion. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but I'm guessing you dont know how. This isn't just to you, carek, but you and everyone who has posted the crassest and coldest of comments in reaction to someone going through a mammoth breakdown. Just awful, all of you getting up on your high horse and passing judgement on a girl you dont know a thing about beyond garbage posted in trash celebrity magazines. Does this really need spelling out for you all? You lot are the kind of 2-faced wankers who spit shit about being a loving U2 fan and spreading all that nonsense, but as soon as someone's star falls; you knock yourselves over in the rush to gloat and mock and show the utter cruelty and lack of compassion which just overrides every other good aspect of your personalities which are definitely there, but grossly overshadowed by sitting on your fat arses behind a computer screen joyously watching someone's life fall apart.

Fucking unreal. I'm glad I dont know some of you offline. You make me sick.

I think there's going to be a lot more of this now. Celebrity has contorted into something completely different lately. Trash mags and more so the 24/7 abuse (really, that's all it is) from celebrity blogs I think have now essentialy become soap operas for the mentaly void millions who for some reason love to follow this shit. As I said before, at least half of you in this thread will be disappointed if she's not dead by mid next week. I mean that. If she does what she probably needs to do: Just get the fuck out of LA and go put herself back together somewhere private, you will all be bitterly disappointed, and then quickly move onto the next prey. It really is out of control and really very sick.

I am frankly amazed at how flat out stupid a lot of you are coming across in this thread. OMG!!!WHAT HAPPENED NOW!!! SHE'S CRAZY!!! Actually, I think she's probably perfectly normal and has simply been hassled nearly into complete oblivion. Those heading over to the celebrity blogs to OMG!! CHECK OUT THE LATEST!!! are the ones with the fucked up heads.

Wow, good thing people listen to the mods :rolleyes:

This is a Britney Spears thread so that is what we are discussing.

Bonochick said:
Ya know what?? I have a good life, I always have. Sure, I'm not rich and famous, but I've always had a place to call home, clothes to wear, food to eat, and a family who loves me. However, I still struggled with depression for years which also involved self-destructive behavior and a suicide attempt that almost was successful. Considering that my life has overall been what many would consider to be nice, I can see how it wouldn't make sense. But until you've actually experienced it, you won't understand. For people to say that Britney brought this on herself and she's just a spoiled rich girl is insulting and cruel. You don't understand. I'm not saying I understand what's going on either, but I wouldn't be so harsh in passing judgement on her.

I am so glad you said this. And I'm sorry you had to go through all that. :hug:

Unless there are some laws that can be made or changed, or people change their habits and don't buy the trashy magazines and watch the gossip shows (yeah, right), it will continue. I don't see people protesting in watching & knowing everything about the lives of the rich & famous. The celebrities are still human beings and entitled to privacy just like you & me. And with the internet, you can have up to the second news about anyone anywhere. Sad to say it will continue. Look what happened to Princess Diana (R.I.P.).

And :hug: for Bonochick. Glad you're still here

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

Bonochick!! :hug: It takes quite an amazingly strong person to speak of such personal things. We are glad the path you took was the right one..

As far as celebrity (i.e. someone so much money we wouldn't know what to do with) or the average joe blow on the street. Money has nothing to do with self-destructive behavior.. It's what that person is going through in their lives and how they handle it. You could be poor living in the projects and being going through the very same thing..

Britney Spears is a hottie. Britney Spears knows she is a hottie. Because Britney Spears is a hottie, Britney Spears can go clubbing and partying. Clubs and parties are full of hotties, sex, drugs and alcohol. Therefore, Britney Spears indulges in sex, drugs and alcohol as much as she can, just like all the other hotties.

So that's my theory as to why Britney Spears is fucked up.

So in conclusion, it's good to be a hottie, with so much sex, drugs and alcohol to indulge.

I remember Britney Spears at the 2002 Grammy Awards, giving U2 an award. She had her hair (extensions?) pulled back in a cascade of long pretty curls, and was wearing a simple red dress that looked just perfect on her. She looked so lovely that evening, so sophisticated, so grown-up. And I thought this was an indicator of the direction she was going to go in with her career--a more grown-up, sophisticated style that would appeal to an older audience as well as her fans.

Well. Things didn't turn out that way. And I am so very, very sad for this young woman, for she obviously is a deeply troubled soul who is in desperate need of help.

I don't know why I am following this story as I am...visiting Dlisted and Perez Hilton.com several times a day, buying the tabloids (Star & Us Weekly today). I don't know why I care about this young woman's welfare. I've known several people who were fans of hers. But I think some of it might have to do with that glimpse of the woman she was when she handed U2 an award five years ago. It was going to be so exciting to hear her new sound, to watch her grow up and lead her fans into new musical adventures. Maybe that woman was a mirage. Maybe she never really existed, and what we see now is who she was all along.

I hope Britney gets well, for the sake of her boys. They are what is important to her now.

U2Man said:

yes, its perfectly normal to attack a car like that.

Paparazzi 24/7? Abuse 24/7? People reporting on and watching you 24/7?

I think it would take the most incredible amount of strength for me not to lash out like that.

I think people are too conditioned to think that it is perfectly normal, or perfectly okay, or is a part of the life they ask for therefore they should just put up with it.

Or is it just because you demand to see it, and without them you wouldn't be able to?

Have you ever spend any considerable time around a celebrity, or seen a paparazzi pack in action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom