Britney files for divorce (finally!) - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #451
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:08 PM
Hold on, he's willing to give up his kids to Britney in her current state?! Jesus, if I was him, I would take those kids and not allow her to be anywhere near them until she gets through whatever it is she's going through. If I were KFed I would seriously petition for emergency custody.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #452
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:08 PM

Ya know what?? I have a good life, I always have. Sure, I'm not rich and famous, but I've always had a place to call home, clothes to wear, food to eat, and a family who loves me. However, I still struggled with depression for years which also involved self-destructive behavior and a suicide attempt that almost was successful. Considering that my life has overall been what many would consider to be nice, I can see how it wouldn't make sense. But until you've actually experienced it, you won't understand. For people to say that Britney brought this on herself and she's just a spoiled rich girl is insulting and cruel. You don't understand. I'm not saying I understand what's going on either, but I wouldn't be so harsh in passing judgement on her.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The kids are with her mother right now. And if she is in rehab, she can't have them anyway. All he did was say he would drop his custody case (which was started before a lot of this recent crap) if she remained in rehab for the full treatment.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #454
Refugee

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
Oh my God, somebody tie her up or something!

Britney makes Federline look like Mr Rogers and Michael Jackson look sane.

She brought it all upon herself. All the money in the world and couldn't just enjoy it and be grateful. I feel sorry for people who have nothing to eat and starve to death. I feel sorry for people who have been raped and tortured. For Britney? Please. She's a spoiled kid throwing a colossal hissy fit.
So all the money in the world should make life perfect?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #455
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

But what if the basis for the behaviour is the same root cause?

I guess it would depend on whether the mental illness/condition is such that it might make someone not in control of their actions.

Is Mike Tyson's depression to blame for his alleged rape? Or chewing someone's ear off? I think that would be a hard sell.

If Britney is indeed suffering some form of depression, I could see that making her act irrationally and turn to substance abuse to try and self-medicate.

Maybe your question is outside of the realm of comparing the two, but in the context of this topic, I can't seem to separate your question from the Mike Tyson vs. Britney thing.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #456
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:

She brought it all upon herself. All the money in the world and couldn't just enjoy it and be grateful. I feel sorry for people who have nothing to eat and starve to death. I feel sorry for people who have been raped and tortured. For Britney? Please. She's a spoiled kid throwing a colossal hissy fit.
you need to pick up a book about 'mental disorders'. they do exist. and they can be painful and lead to your own death, regardless of how rich or poor you are.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #457
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:

Money is hardly a fix. It is completely ignorant to think that just because she has lots of money, that that should prevent her from having problems. She is clearly mentally unstable. I'm sure she didn't do anything to intentionally deteriorate her mental stability. What she's responsible for is not using all the money/resources at her disposal to get the proper help in the right way(i.e. the right way is not going in and out of rehab every 24 hours).
Old 02-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #458
ONE
love, blood, life

maybe she needs to be compulsorily detained in hospital.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2
I just heard on my local news that K-Fed has said he will drop his petition for custody if Britany stays in rehab and continues to get some help. That may help her wake up.

yeah, that was in my post that included the article from tmz.com . I think its on the previous page.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

For someone who is usually so kind to everyone, you sure do come out with some cruel comments every now and then. I dont get what is going on with all of you in here who are gloating over the misfortune and pain of someone else? Are you lot cruel, or is there something wrong upstairs? What makes someone's first gut reaction to be so cold and harshly indifferent?

No compassion. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but I'm guessing you dont know how. This isn't just to you, carek, but you and everyone who has posted the crassest and coldest of comments in reaction to someone going through a mammoth breakdown. Just awful, all of you getting up on your high horse and passing judgement on a girl you dont know a thing about beyond garbage posted in trash celebrity magazines. Does this really need spelling out for you all? You lot are the kind of 2-faced wankers who spit shit about being a loving U2 fan and spreading all that nonsense, but as soon as someone's star falls; you knock yourselves over in the rush to gloat and mock and show the utter cruelty and lack of compassion which just overrides every other good aspect of your personalities which are definitely there, but grossly overshadowed by sitting on your fat arses behind a computer screen joyously watching someone's life fall apart.

Fucking unreal. I'm glad I dont know some of you offline. You make me sick.
I think there's going to be a lot more of this now. Celebrity has contorted into something completely different lately. Trash mags and more so the 24/7 abuse (really, that's all it is) from celebrity blogs I think have now essentialy become soap operas for the mentaly void millions who for some reason love to follow this shit. As I said before, at least half of you in this thread will be disappointed if she's not dead by mid next week. I mean that. If she does what she probably needs to do: Just get the fuck out of LA and go put herself back together somewhere private, you will all be bitterly disappointed, and then quickly move onto the next prey. It really is out of control and really very sick.

I am frankly amazed at how flat out stupid a lot of you are coming across in this thread. OMG!!!WHAT HAPPENED NOW!!! SHE'S CRAZY!!! Actually, I think she's probably perfectly normal and has simply been hassled nearly into complete oblivion. Those heading over to the celebrity blogs to OMG!! CHECK OUT THE LATEST!!! are the ones with the fucked up heads.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #461
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers

Actually, I think she's probably perfectly normal
yes, its perfectly normal to attack a car like that.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #462
Refugee

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Wow, good thing people listen to the mods

This is a Britney Spears thread so that is what we are discussing.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Ya know what?? I have a good life, I always have. Sure, I'm not rich and famous, but I've always had a place to call home, clothes to wear, food to eat, and a family who loves me. However, I still struggled with depression for years which also involved self-destructive behavior and a suicide attempt that almost was successful. Considering that my life has overall been what many would consider to be nice, I can see how it wouldn't make sense. But until you've actually experienced it, you won't understand. For people to say that Britney brought this on herself and she's just a spoiled rich girl is insulting and cruel. You don't understand. I'm not saying I understand what's going on either, but I wouldn't be so harsh in passing judgement on her.
I am so glad you said this. And I'm sorry you had to go through all that.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

You know what, the paparazzi have been getting worse and worse throughout the years. It's pretty fucking sad that some of the celebrities can't even enjoy their lives in peace.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #465
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:08 PM
Unless there are some laws that can be made or changed, or people change their habits and don't buy the trashy magazines and watch the gossip shows (yeah, right), it will continue. I don't see people protesting in watching & knowing everything about the lives of the rich & famous. The celebrities are still human beings and entitled to privacy just like you & me. And with the internet, you can have up to the second news about anyone anywhere. Sad to say it will continue. Look what happened to Princess Diana (R.I.P.).

And for Bonochick. Glad you're still here