Britney files for divorce (finally!) - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 AM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 PM
K-Fed is taking advantage of the situation. I understand his concern for his kids but moving right now when she's going through such bad times is really not right. Before these recent incidents I doubt he'd have had a chance to take them, now he's using her behavior to take them- and likely get a hefty child support payment each month from her so he never has to worry about being broke because of his rap career bombing.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #407
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 PM
The latest from TMZ.com

Britney Back in Rehab
Posted Feb 22nd 2007 11:13AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Britney Spears

TMZ has confirmed Britney Spears is back in rehab.

We're told the singer is hoping three times is a charm. The emergency custody hearing that Kevin Federline wanted has been cancelled because of the new development. There will be no custody hearing today.

Sources tell TMZ Federline is concerned for Spears' welfare and wants her to get the help she is now seeking. We're also told this will be Spears' last chance -- if she leaves rehab before getting full treatment, Federline will immediately go to court seeking orders allowing him unquestioned full custody of the children.

We're told Spears showed up at Federline's house last night and he wouldn't let her in.

Sources say the kids are now in the custody of Federline, and have been since last week.

TMZ has just confirmed Spears' inpatient rehab program is supposed to last between 30 and 45 days.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #408
Blue Crack Addict

Well, we'll see. Someone must have advised her to do this to keep him from taking the kids. Who's going to be watching them while she's in there? 30 days with no parents seems pretty sad
Old 02-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #409
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
We're told Spears showed up at Federline's house last night and he wouldn't let her in.
I'm sorry to laugh at her pain and all, but that is fucking classic!

Next stop, The Surreal Life...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #410
Blue Crack Addict

Britney just left rehab...

..j/k.
I give it till 6PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Well, we'll see. Someone must have advised her to do this to keep him from taking the kids. Who's going to be watching them while she's in there? 30 days with no parents seems pretty sad
the kids have been watched by K-fed for the last week and will continue to be until she gets out of rehab now if she ditches again he probably will reschdule the court hearing for sole custody. And his mom as well as britney's mom have been helping him take care of the kids.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #412
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

the kids have been watched by K-fed for the last week and will continue to be until she gets out of rehab now if she ditches again he probably will reschdule the court hearing for sole custody. And his mom as well as britney's mom have been helping him take care of the kids.
That's good, I'm glad they're with familiar faces at this rough time (and I wonder how familiar Britney's face is to them now that she is bald That must have been a shock for them.)
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #413
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
K-Fed is taking advantage of the situation. I understand his concern for his kids but moving right now when she's going through such bad times is really not right. Before these recent incidents I doubt he'd have had a chance to take them, now he's using her behavior to take them- and likely get a hefty child support payment each month from her so he never has to worry about being broke because of his rap career bombing.
I highly doubt that he is taking advantage of the situation. I'm sure he cares about her and the kids and is trying to help out as best as he can. How do we know though? How do we know what is going on at all except what the media is telling us? It's a sad situation all around and I really hope Britney gets the help she desperately needs. She seems to have been unraveling for quite a long time. Hopefully this time in rehab will be it.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

Well this thread need a little levity today, so...one important point we overlooked after the infamous head shaving...combined with her fabulous car exiting photos from last month, at least now the cuffs and collar match again.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #415
Blue Crack Addict

ok.. that's a tad crude...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #416
The Fly

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

Are you for real? This is a girl who is clearly in need of help and people have to bash her just because she's famous and she knew what she was getting into being famous. Whatever! Some of you are so downright cruel and cold just like Anna said.

What if it was your daughter or mother or any other relative?Would you like it if they were called pathetic and "oh I enjoy watching a trainwreck, etc. etc.?" I'm sure you wouldn't.
Cruel? Hardly. This is a grown woman who should be held accountable for her actions. It's called personal responsibilty and since she lacks that, her handlers should step in and put her back in line. I'm sick of people feeling bad for people that self destruct. She made the decisions in life and she needs to live with the consequences.

Where is the sympathy for Mike Tyson? He's a complete mess and yet it's ok to make fun of him. Michael Richards goes on a tirade and we crucify him for what he said. That seems like judging someone to me. Same goes for Isaiah Washington. Apparently it's ok to jump of celebrities for saying something stupid, but not in this situation. Double standard much? Give me a freaking break.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #417
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:33 PM
That's actually a good point. I wonder how much of it has to do with gender?

As a woman, I don't feel sympathy for Mike Tyson because many of his bizarro actions have been rooted in violence, and that's not going to elicit any sympathy from me.

Or maybe it's just that Britney's actions seem to me like someone suffering from some kind of mental instability (i.e., post-partum depression), and that makes me feel real sympathy for her.

If it turns out she's just acting out with drugs and/or booze and is reckless without any real mental issue behind it, then I would go back to the other side of the fence, shake my head, "tsk tsk" and talk about personal responsibility.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

But its well documented that Mike Tyson suffers from depression and other mental instabilities.
And he had one of the most brutal childhoods anyone could endure.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

For someone who is usually so kind to everyone, you sure do come out with some cruel comments every now and then. I dont get what is going on with all of you in here who are gloating over the misfortune and pain of someone else? Are you lot cruel, or is there something wrong upstairs? What makes someone's first gut reaction to be so cold and harshly indifferent?

No compassion. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but I'm guessing you dont know how. This isn't just to you, carek, but you and everyone who has posted the crassest and coldest of comments in reaction to someone going through a mammoth breakdown. Just awful, all of you getting up on your high horse and passing judgement on a girl you dont know a thing about beyond garbage posted in trash celebrity magazines. Does this really need spelling out for you all? You lot are the kind of 2-faced wankers who spit shit about being a loving U2 fan and spreading all that nonsense, but as soon as someone's star falls; you knock yourselves over in the rush to gloat and mock and show the utter cruelty and lack of compassion which just overrides every other good aspect of your personalities which are definitely there, but grossly overshadowed by sitting on your fat arses behind a computer screen joyously watching someone's life fall apart.

Fucking unreal. I'm glad I dont know some of you offline. You make me sick.
I think I love you

Seriously it's not uncommon for someone to go in and out of re-hab. I'm betting some here have family members who have been in similar situations. Not sure the comparisons to Tyson are appropriate since he was charged with battery and rape.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #420
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 PM
I'm going to start replying to posts in Zoo Confessionals and journal entries with the same compassion and decency being shown in this thread.

Walk on.