Britney files for divorce (finally!) - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 AM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
I enjoy trainwrecks therefore I enjoy Britney's meltdown. Do I feel bad? A little bit, but she's demonstrated that she doesn't care enough to help herself so my sympathy is fleeting.

Because helping one's self is the easiest thing in the world?

I liked Craig Ferguson before, but my opinion of him as a person just went up. Maybe some of you here can take a lesson from him, although I doubt it.

Quote:
"For me, comedy should have a certain amount of joy in it," Ferguson said. "It should be about attacking the powerful — the politicians, the Trumps, the blowhards — going after them. We shouldn't be attacking the vulnerable."

Craig Ferguson Refuses to Joke About Spears

Old 02-22-2007, 05:03 AM   #392
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

Well said and I agree. The girl is pathetic.
For someone who is usually so kind to everyone, you sure do come out with some cruel comments every now and then. I dont get what is going on with all of you in here who are gloating over the misfortune and pain of someone else? Are you lot cruel, or is there something wrong upstairs? What makes someone's first gut reaction to be so cold and harshly indifferent?

No compassion. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but I'm guessing you dont know how. This isn't just to you, carek, but you and everyone who has posted the crassest and coldest of comments in reaction to someone going through a mammoth breakdown. Just awful, all of you getting up on your high horse and passing judgement on a girl you dont know a thing about beyond garbage posted in trash celebrity magazines. Does this really need spelling out for you all? You lot are the kind of 2-faced wankers who spit shit about being a loving U2 fan and spreading all that nonsense, but as soon as someone's star falls; you knock yourselves over in the rush to gloat and mock and show the utter cruelty and lack of compassion which just overrides every other good aspect of your personalities which are definitely there, but grossly overshadowed by sitting on your fat arses behind a computer screen joyously watching someone's life fall apart.

Fucking unreal. I'm glad I dont know some of you offline. You make me sick.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 AM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:04 AM
I think it's very sad that so many celebrities apparently can't handle their own lives and destroy themselves. You could say they have everything and don't have to worry about everyday stuff such as paying your bills. But so many of them seem to be unhappy and their lives are a mess.
Then again, they have different problems that "normal" people cannot relate to. So I think we shouldn't be judgemental.
I just hope for the sake of her two little children that things are going to be okay.
Being born to a celebrity like Britney can be more of a curse than a blessing, and the kids are the most vulnerable ones, it's not their fault that things are going wrong with their parents.
So I hope Britney will learn to handle things in a responsible way and be okay very soon.
But I agree: There are some very rude comments in this thread that are totally uncalled for. Celebrities are human after all and for many "ordinary" people it seems to provide great pleasure seeing them go down. I think it's obscene. No one should find pleasure in other people's misery, no matter if they like or don't like the music or whatever.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:04 PM
If nothing else I wish some people would just stop and think for a minute how you would feel and react if Britney was your sister, your relative of any other kind, your friend. You wouldn't mock her or be lacking in compassion for her, would you? Whatever else you think of some choices she has made in her life, well that's irrelevant now. The girl clearly is in a very bad way. So bad that I fear for her life-and I think most people do who can see what is happening. She isn't doing any of this for any other reason other than she is in great inner turmoil, she is possibly an addict, she needs help. People in that state don't think or behave rationally..

She has to live all this out in the public eye under the worst of scrutiny, and even though she chose that life for herself she still deserves compassion and decency right now. How would you feel if you were going through similar things in your own life and people reacted like that? Who among us is that arrogant to say that it could never happen to us?

Frankly I just want to hug that girl and wish I could help her somehow.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:42 AM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

While clearly Britney needs help, lets not lose sight of the fact that she's an adult who made the choice to get married and have 2 children, a responsibility it seems evident she was unable to live up to. And she has the financial resource (which I assume most if not all of us do not have) to get any help she needs, be it psychiatric, medical, counselling, rehab, whatever. And she chooses not to follow through with any of it.

She's not a little girl, and I think all of the sympathy thrown her way would be better served directed towards her 2 innocent infant sons.

I do feel bad for her a bit, but I truly think she has brought most of this upon herself. She is an adult who should accept responsibility for her actions. But because she has been coddled her whole life and has money and fame, it doesn't happen.

I feel very badly for those children, and as stated prior, its a sad situation when K-Fed appears to be by far the superior choice of parents currently.

Remember, we have seen evidence of her inability to be a good parent from day one, with her first son being driven in her lap, "falling out of his high chair" (c'mon they have seatbelts in those, admit you dropped him) and nearly being dropped on the sidewalk in public.

She should have never gotten pregnant a 2nd time, cause clearly she couldn't handle one young child.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 AM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

I agree that adults should take responsibility and all that-and that her life has not led her to be able to do so apparently- her lack of a normal teenage development and all that. But my understanding of addiction is that most addicts cannot take responsibility (how can you when you can't even admit to being an addict)- that is part of the denial until you either have the big fall and you are forced somehow to face it, or you die.

There is a difference between "tough love" for Britney and rational analysis of what might be going on with her and just cheap potshots and mean spirited words and thoughts that seem totally lacking in compassion.

Her parenting skills are another matter. I know she made some very bad mistakes but I have no doubt that she loves those kids. I'm not a parent so I do my best not to judge, but I know for sure that if I was I would make plenty of mistakes too. Difference is they wouldn't be splashed all over the news. Right now she is in no position to take care of them. I wonder why that isn't enough motivation for her to straighten everything else out, and my only conclusion is that she is not thinking rationally at all right now.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
But my understanding of addiction is that most addicts cannot take responsibility (how can you when you can't even admit to being an addict)- that is part of the denial until you either have the big fall and you are forced somehow to face it, or you die.
If she's checked into rehab, twice...she must have some understanding that she has a problem.
The fact that she has checked out immediately both times shows a real lack of concern for correcting that problem.

While I'm sure she does love her children, her actions to me show an extreme selfishness, which is not the way a responsible parent must act. Children, especially those at the age of her sons, need to be put before your own wants and desires as they can not fend for themselves. She clearly is not ready to acknowledge this and act accordingly.
When you have 2 young sons under age 2, you don't cavort pantiless with Paris Hilton on a nightly basis and jet off to a high roller suite in Vegas with your new beau. (Plus what about the kids' reaction to you coming home looking like a porr man's Sinead O'Connor?)
Sure for a few nights here and there you go out, especially after the break-up to blow off steam...but it doesn't seem as if Brit sees her kids at all.
Now I know she has nannies and all....but thats not good parenting, thats dropping the responsibility onto someone else cause you can afford to.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

For someone who is usually so kind to everyone, you sure do come out with some cruel comments every now and then. I dont get what is going on with all of you in here who are gloating over the misfortune and pain of someone else? Are you lot cruel, or is there something wrong upstairs? What makes someone's first gut reaction to be so cold and harshly indifferent?

No compassion. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but I'm guessing you dont know how. This isn't just to you, carek, but you and everyone who has posted the crassest and coldest of comments in reaction to someone going through a mammoth breakdown. Just awful, all of you getting up on your high horse and passing judgement on a girl you dont know a thing about beyond garbage posted in trash celebrity magazines. Does this really need spelling out for you all? You lot are the kind of 2-faced wankers who spit shit about being a loving U2 fan and spreading all that nonsense, but as soon as someone's star falls; you knock yourselves over in the rush to gloat and mock and show the utter cruelty and lack of compassion which just overrides every other good aspect of your personalities which are definitely there, but grossly overshadowed by sitting on your fat arses behind a computer screen joyously watching someone's life fall apart.

Fucking unreal. I'm glad I dont know some of you offline. You make me sick.

that's a little harsh don't ya think. Seriously, your post was as harsh as their comments. I totally understand your frustration but you could of used a little compassion.

I am a parent and really feel bad for britney as a fellow human being and I hope that she gets the help that she so desperately needs. And being a mom, those kids are priority number one so if K-fed takes temporary custody until she is capable of being a parent again that would be the best right now. I am guessing that is how the judge will rule today.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

I agree that she is showing complete selfishness as a parent-personally I think it defies reason to deny that. I just think about why-and thinking about why doesn't mean I excuse it or defend it. I don't excuse or defend most of her behavior, but I struggle to try to understand it because it defies reason and normal behavior for a parent of two young kids. And I do have complete compassion for those kids. As to why she keeps leaving rehab, I can only speculate that she remains unwilling to face her problems.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

Well said and I agree. The girl is pathetic.
Are you for real? This is a girl who is clearly in need of help and people have to bash her just because she's famous and she knew what she was getting into being famous. Whatever! Some of you are so downright cruel and cold just like Anna said.

What if it was your daughter or mother or any other relative?Would you like it if they were called pathetic and "oh I enjoy watching a trainwreck, etc. etc.?" I'm sure you wouldn't.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
If nothing else I wish some people would just stop and think for a minute how you would feel and react if Britney was your sister, your relative of any other kind, your friend. You wouldn't mock her or be lacking in compassion for her, would you?
You'd be surprised. My relatives would. My siblings have mocked me and made me the butt of jokes and humor for not having what they have financially and materialistically- and always being in trouble financially. They've made it a point to bring it up to old friends and distant relatives who didn't even know, even in front of me! Even when the problems I had hurt my children, they didn't even feel sorry for them, they only thought, well if she weren't such a fuck up it wouldn't have happened. My husband has had alchohal problems in the past, but I have never been a booze or drug person, but they still find other ways to joke on me. Then they claim they 'love' me. Sure. Actions speak louder than words. I've had blood kin treat me way worse than anyone in the Britney or Anna threads have treated them, and some of those where heartless.

Oh, and they also do rude stuff like going to funerals making fun of peoples' clothes knowing they can't afford anything else. We have one cousin who's an Elvis impersonator, you can imagine what a hoot he is in the family, especially to the rude ones.

I think most people see a person in a bad situation and feel sorry for them, while others only want to laugh and poke fun. But you know, no matter HOW a person got to where they are, no matter what mistakes they made, they are still a tragic figure who needs help, or at least kindness and understanding. Of course if they die, the same people will say 'she did it to herself.' Some people are still joking on Anna Nicole even though she's gone. Well I'm just glad there are, in the words of Dumb and Dumber, so many "Mr. (or Ms.) Perfects" who "never ever make a mistake." (or maybe they do and seeing someone worse off makes them feel better?)
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #402
The Fly

I've never been a fan, but as a mother I feel a great deal of sympathy & compassion for Britney. There's clearly something very wrong with her that goes way beyond just partying too much. I really hope she gets the help she needs for her sake, as well as for her little boys. This whole situation is a perfect example of what happens when you take a small town girl with a 9th grade education and throw her into the unforgiving world of showbiz. Combine that with giving birth twice in the space of a year, a pending divorce, vicious public scrutiny of your every move, and it's no wonder she appears to be on the verge of a breakdown. It's easy for people to say she's a rich, spoiled brat who's wasting every opportunity she's been given-but that money and fame obviously isn't helping her now. I'm rooting for her because I think underneath it all, is a nice person who took on too much too young.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Usmagazine.com has learned that as Britney Spears continues to unravel in public, Kevin Federline has been working behind the scenes to take custody of their children away from the erratic pop star.

A source tells Us that Federline, 28, and his mother, along with the help of Spears' mother Lynne, have joined forces to aid Federline while he has cared for his sons -- Sean Preston, 17 months, and Jayden James, 5 months -- during their mother's recent rehab stints, partying and hotel stays.

"He is beyond sad," says a Federline pal. "This is the worst week of his entire life. He doesn't even want to pick up the phone. Things are beyond not well with Britney, and he still loves her."

Federline reportedly is now taking legal steps to protect his children. TMZ is reporting that Federline has requested an emergency custody hearing Thursday before an L.A. judge (Spears had been granted physical custody of the kids at an earlier hearing). Federline's rep couldn't be reached for comment, but Us has confirmed that a custody hearing has been set for Thursday.

According to our Federline insider, K-Fed made a call to his mother, Julie Bleak, on Valentine's Day asking for her to help him take care of the children. Bleak flew to L.A. on Feb. 15 (the same day Spears, 25, checked into the Crossroads Centre rehab facility in Antigua). Our source adds that Lynne Spears has also been present for her grandchildren, taking care of the children round-the-clock with Federline.

"Britney's family feels that Kevin has been a blessing and they are very impressed with Kevin taking so much responsibility," says a Spears family source. "Britney's family found out from the news this morning that Britney had left the rehab. Britney has not asked to see the kids because she knows she is not well and she does not want to scare Preston. She has no credit cards or cash. She is basically on the run at the moment."
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

When Kevin Federline is the voice of sanity, you know there's problems.
Here's the story on Britney:
She is a good role model for girls on what NOT to do when you're famous.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
I know I'm thinking differently....but I don't think Britney is an addict....I think that if she does have an addiction....I think it's only a symptom and it's due to her mental health being frayed. I think my reasonings is possible postpartum depression (after having two children within 2 years) and possible depression over the divorce.

Yea....I'll never know what it's like to be her and I'll never know why she's truly acting like this......but I'm still scared about her and her children.