British Sea Power... holy fuck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've liked them for two years, when they had a song on a cd that came with Q magazine, when Q was good (how depressing it is to remember those days and then see Q now :(). I bought their album when it was released last June, but I still haven't seen them live. :( I heard they have plants all over the stage.

I remember that Q, and the days of good Q... :sigh:
Yep, I like them. :) I've also heard they are a bit...different live. Foilage onstage...not sure if that was a specific tour where they did that, but I remember hearing that they are very theatrical...sounds interesting!

SkeeK said:
How did I miss these guys till now?

They played right near me like 2 weeks ago. FUCK. I would have loved to see them. Oh so very impressive

Everyone do what you what you need to to listen to the song Carrion by them

I will help you a bit: http://slipstream.brokenuniverse.com/songs/Carrion.mp3

so now you have no excuse!
Come over, i will see them on April 2,....;)

Re: Re: British Sea Power... holy fuck!

Rono said:
Come over, i will see them on April 2,....;)

Oh rub it in why don't you!

I'd love to travel to Europe to join you, but logistically I have about as much chance of a space-machine taking me to Europe in a week, than a time-machine taking me back a week so I could see them right near my home town.

I may just be bitter about this for a loooong time, too.

Just as a note...
"oh the heavy water how it enfolds the salt, the spray, the gorgeous
undertow. Always, always, always the sea: brilliantine mortality"

is becoming one of my favourite lyrics of like ever.

:bump: :bump: :bump:

I don't know who "SkeeK" is, but I completely echo his sentiment: British Sea Power . . . holy fuck! :combust:

I just heard their new album, "Do You Like Rock Music?" (comes out next Tues. 2/12), and OMG! I freakin' love it! :heart:

"Atom" and "Waving Flags" :rockon: :drool: :rockon:

I'm so lucky I caught this b/c they're playing the week after next, twice in L.A. and once in San Diego.

I'm SO there!!! :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Before I heard them, I read a Guardian article with them and they were really laying into Bono. I know alot of people do it - but it really put me off, as they didn't seem to have any good reasons for being so mean?

Anyway that really put me off them and I think they sound/look/act too much like The Arcade Fire to be honest :shrug: Even though I think they have been around longer? I just prefer The Arcade Fire.

FitzChivalry said:

I don't know who "SkeeK" is

At one point he had the highest post count of anyone on this forum. He was also one of the best posters Bang and Clatter ever had, so speak his name with respect or I'll cut you and animals will make carrion of you.

Circle of life.

u2popmofo said:

At one point he had the highest post count of anyone on this forum. He was also one of the best posters Bang and Clatter ever had, so speak his name with respect or I'll cut you and animals will make carrion of you.

Circle of life.

niiiice

:lol:

yeah, i've only been posting regularly for about a year, year-and-a-half, so i must've missed when he posted on a regular basis. sounds like a cool guy though.

and he has great taste in music. :wink:

partygirlvox said:
Before I heard them, I read a Guardian article with them and they were really laying into Bono. I know alot of people do it - but it really put me off, as they didn't seem to have any good reasons for being so mean?

Anyway that really put me off them and I think they sound/look/act too much like The Arcade Fire to be honest :shrug: Even though I think they have been around longer? I just prefer The Arcade Fire.

If memory serves me, Win Butler has slagged off U2. So have Robert Smith and Jim Kerr. This doesn't mean I don't like The Cure, Simple Minds or Arcade Fire.

It just means not everyone on the planet likes or agrees with U2. :shrug: Hell, not even everyone on Interference likes or agrees with all-U2! :lol:

But anyway, back to British Sea Power . . . .

I'm adding "Lights Out For Darker Skies" and "No Lucifer" to my :rockon: :combust: list, along with "Atom" and "Waving Flags".

Hell, the whole album is just :drool: :drool:

I can't wait to go see these guys in a couple weeks!! :hyper:

Last edited:
I've never cared much for British Sea Power, but I quite enjoyed Do You Like Rock Music?...perhaps because, yes, I do quite like rock music! I dunno. I just think that the songs are better than they used to be.

About half of the people on here are right, too, for what it's worth--Arcade Fire sounds like British Sea Power, rather than the other way around.

...Actually, I guess that the best way to put it is just by saying that they sound quite similar, at times. Oh, and Howard Bilerman, who helped to produce the new record, has also worked with Arcade Fire. Who knew?

Funnily enuff....was watching Jools Holland on Friday night.....British Sea Power were on and I thought, hello, they are very similar to Arcade Fire. But I didnt know hich act was about first.....I just assumed it was Arcade Fire. The drum patterns are disturbingly similar

Back
Top Bottom