British & Irish Lions New Zealand Tour 2005 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:07 AM
The Lions did look a tad lost when O'Driscoll went off. But truly the Blacks were so well drilled - it was a fatae comple...

The next game will be a lot closer I predict now thats the Lions know what to expect - there is more room for movement game plan wise on there behalf. But damn the Kiwis are strong.

I was dissapointed Chris Jack wasn't sin binned for tackling in the air - that was disgusting. Nearly as bad as the completely offside tackle!

Old 06-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:07 PM
That ref was pretty amusing in an 'Allo 'Allo sort of way.

"Alright! You are ze capitaine now! Play wiz your 'ead!"

Also anyone see the SA-France match? A chicken wandered onto the pitch for the last five minutes. Good stuff.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 03:07 PM
That's O'Driscoll gone...
Old 06-28-2005, 01:02 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Goodbye O'Driscoll, the Blacks always like to seperate the boys from the men.

I jest, O'Driscoll is probably on of the better centres the game has seen in the past 10 years. Certinally better than any NZ have produced.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:37 AM   #20
The Fly

Well I think that tana must have taken him out on orders from his family to make him proud as the new 'best center' in the world.

As much as tackle was bad, I even think it was worse the citing didn't even want to watch it or take any notice.

Haha we were in town after midnight, and it was sooo packed that we had to wait 2 and half hours in line outside in the snow to get into the pub. Lol thanks lions fans for making the night memorable.

The Manuatu game we are all anticipating, well it wasn't exactly a cricket score, though I have worse scores in a cricket game

Also I predicted to some that Clive had put too many English on the starting line-up, and well after their performance in the 6 nations, it was predictabe the Welsh and Irish fans would get annoyed after their dominance in the 6 nations bar France.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:42 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2NZ
Well I think that tana must have taken him out on orders from his family to make him proud as the new 'best center' in the world.

As much as tackle was bad, I even think it was worse the citing didn't even want to watch it or take any notice.

Haha we were in town after midnight, and it was sooo packed that we had to wait 2 and half hours in line outside in the snow to get into the pub. Lol thanks lions fans for making the night memorable.
You have no idea how insanely jealous I am that you were in that environment over there. The Lions series here treated with such contempt. "The Wallabies could easily beat the Lions, they aren't even good" most Australians think. Thats why several of them are fucked. (I don't generally swear but that sentance pisses me off)

Tana has never been "that" good a player for us. I mean he has been acceptable and pretty good by world standards - but he is nothing more than a glorified winger - he sorely lacks any quality ball skills - Bunce vs Umaga is kinda like a sad joke in that respect.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:47 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Manawatu will bat next...
Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Manawatu will bat next...
I rang my father who is currently in Auckland, I asked him what the song the Manawatu/Lions game was as I had been out...

This is the general vibe of that part of the conversation

timothius: What was the score?

dad: 109 to 6

timothius: Oh well at least the Lions got some points. Thats three more than last time, theyre progressing.

dad: You're serious aren't you?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:27 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm quite surprised to see Cusiter not involved in the Test 22 at all.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:36 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Anyway here are the squads -

Lions: J Lewsey, J Robinson, G Thomas (capt), G Henson, S Williams, J Wilkinson, D Peel, G Jenkins, S Thompson, J White, P O'Connell, D O'Callaghan, S Easterby, L Moody, R Jones.
Replacements: S Byrne, G Rowntree, M Corry, M Williams, M Dawson, S Jones, S Horgan.

NZ: M Muliaina, R Gear, T Umaga (capt), A Mauger, S Sivivatu, D Carter, B Kelleher, T Woodcock, K Mealamu, G Somerville, C Jack, A Williams, J Collins, R McCaw, R So'oialo.
Replacements: D Witcombe, C Johnstone, J Gibbes, S Lauaki, J Marshall, M Nonu, L MacDonald.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:15 PM   #26
The Fly

Closer game this time I would think.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:10 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Possibly, but I still can't see any other result than an All Blacks win, with the Lions getting a face-saving victory in the third Test to make sure it's not a whitewash.

It's really nothing to do with the selection, but more to do with the fact the ABs are way too powerful. That said I still don't think that's the best team SCW is putting out (Cusiter for me is the big omission, he should be on the bench at least) to give the Lions a fighting chance. Who knows, they may prove me wrong. I hope they do, personally.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:37 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Thank you, Gareth Thomas, and thank you Lions for giving me 10 minutes of good cheer before it all went wrong.

The All Blacks were utterly brilliant though. I'd like to say Carter was magnificent but truth be told they were all superb.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:02 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I am hesitant to say it... but I do honestly think we may be at the beggining of a huge era of dominance for the All Blacks. I think Graham Henry may be just the man to march from here onto the illusive World Cup victory.

Carter was amazing, Kellerher also brilliant (after 10 minutes).
Old 07-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #30
The Fly

Well the Lions did play better and so did the All Blacks. I think it was a game where none of the Lions players knew what to do after they were beginning to trail behind. Well I have to say go the Lions against the Aucklanders, being a Cantab and all.