bring out the pet pics/stories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
This has probably been done before... But I was so saddened by reading the latest pet abuse story, that I thought I'd make a positive post about our best friends. Post your pictures and/or stories!

I currently have five pets (one dog and four cats) that I absolutely adore.

tooty.jpg

This is Tooty. We got her when she was four through the SPCA and gave her a new chance at life. She was extremely timid at first (her previous owners used to hit her and leave her outside during winter) but she soon blossomed into a wonderful dog. She still gets frightened when she sees anyone holding anything that slightly resembles a baseball bat, but at least she knows that no one will be causing her harm anymore.

naj.jpg

This is Najran. He was also adopted through the SPCA when he was a kitten, after being abandoned by his mother. It's a wonder he even lived at all - an old man found him and his two sisters in a gutter, and nursed them back to health with baby formula. The man took all three kittens to the SPCA as soon as they were old enough to be adopted. Najran was such a skinny little thing when we first got him, but now he's a fat, lazy, pampered house cat. :)

tihama.jpg

jiz.jpg

taif.jpg

The top cat is Tihamma, and the two below her are her kittens, Jizan and Taif. We got Tihamma from a friend as an adult, and she had the kittens soon after. She's a bit anti-social, but the kittens (heh, I still refer to them as kittens even though they're almost two years old now) are fine. I especially love Taif - she follows me around everywhere.

Last edited:
My two cats, Beckham (7 mos, got from the West Michigan Regional Lab) and Posh (12 weeks, got from Vicki's Pet Connection, hosted at Petsmart):
becks.JPG

poshdoor.JPG

sleep.JPG
scratch.JPG

kittylying6.JPG

My slider, Buddy:
buddy.JPG

I used to have five guinea pigs, but I gave them away in groups b/c they were sad I was never around (one group to a family with 5 kids and one group to a family with 7 kids!)

:heart: Animals :heart:

My two babes

Zoey

zoeysitcute.jpg

booperchblue.jpg

Saki

sakihanginaround.jpg

sakifetchqtip4.jpg

Zoey has 'thumbs' (polydactyl) and Saki plays fetch :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I used to have five guinea pigs, but I gave them away in groups b/c they were sad I was never around (one group to a family with 5 kids and one group to a family with 7 kids!)

I used to have guinea pigs as well, when I was younger! They're so sweet... I love the way they drink their water, and the cute little sounds they make.

And your cats are lovely! Posh (the kitten, I'm assuming?) looks quite a bit like Jizan did when she was a kitten.

I don't have any furbabies right now....:(

I did have a beautiful Papillon named Montana but I had to find a new home for him because of a psycho exboyfriend.... I'll try to find some pics of him to post.....

starsgoblue said:
I don't have any furbabies right now....:(

I did have a beautiful Papillon named Montana but I had to find a new home for him because of a psycho exboyfriend.... I'll try to find some pics of him to post.....

I LOVE PAPILLONS! Their ears are adorable!

GibsonGirl said:
Sicy, your cats are beautiful! What breed are they? They look a bit like blue British Shorthairs...

I dont think they're any specific breed, though Zoey looks like she could have some Russian Blue in her :)

Sicy, I could have sworn my life that your cats were Chartreux breed. They totally look like it and not domestic cats.

I've had many, many animals, including dogs, birds (pidgeons and Australian Zebra Finches), turtles, a rabbit and a couple of chickens (my father couldn't say no to us at a country fair).

Right now, I have a rough sable Collie. His name is Samson, and he's almost 3 years old.

IMG_0014-vi.jpg

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

anitram said:
Sicy, I could have sworn my life that your cats were Chartreux breed. They totally look like it and not domestic cats.

Actually yeah Zoey could pass for a Chartreux too lol. I just have no idea really, since they were both adopted at a shelter and there's no way I will ever know I guess.

Here's a Russian Blue

RudiS1.jpg

and a Chartreux

chartreux.jpg

I think Chartreux's always have orange eyes.

Sicy said:

I just have no idea really, since they were both adopted at a shelter and there's no way I will ever know I guess.

Wow, that's good for shelter cats! They really do look like pure breeds... And I'm almost certain that they are. I've never seen any domestic cats look quite so beautiful.

And I'm leaning towards them being Russian Blues or at least something similar. British Shorthairs and Chartreuxs have rounder faces.

Thank you for the compliments .. Zoey & Saki thank you too! >^..^<

very cute pets.

from
samson to
zoey to jizan to tooty.
all sqeezable:)

well maybe not the turtle.

db9

Lucas is pretty. He's part husky with that Blue eye. Hee hee...have fun with the shedding.

I have 2 Siberian Huskies, I work with Siberian Husky rescue, we bail them out of doggy jail and find new homes for them.

Blue is my avatar. He is a ginormous 95lbs and 5 1/2 feet long. Zuzu is my little girl. Black and white with blues eyes. (I can't figure out to post pics yet) I frequently refer to her as Zuzifer as she is part Husky and I believe part Lucifer's minion.

BlueTangerine said:

Blue is my avatar. He is a ginormous 95lbs and 5 1/2 feet long. Zuzu is my little girl. Black and white with blues eyes. (I can't figure out to post pics yet) I frequently refer to her as Zuzifer as she is part Husky and I believe part Lucifer's minion.

I was wondering if that avatar was actually your dog! He's gorgeous! (but not quite so ginormous as the 115lb retriever I used to dogsit!)

Someday I want a husky or husky shepherd mix.

To post a pic, you have to first upload it somewhere on the web and then use the code:

img................./img

where the ........... is the URL of the picture file and also you have to put [ ] [ ] around the img /img but if I do it in a post it thinks I'm posting a pic.

Back
Top Bottom