bring out the pet pics/stories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my favorite pic of Sunny, our pit bull/lab mix (best dog in the world)
k5fnk

one more
k5fo4

Tex, our big, fat & deaf cat
k5ftu

Tex pissing off his sister, Mabel
k5fzo

Proof that dogs and cats can coexist
k5dw9

:)

33%3B%3C%3A32323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2334%3D963%3D8%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323666788653ot1lsi

Here's a recent one of Pepper - updated from my post on pg 5 of this thread. This was taken a few weeks ago.

And as promised in that original post, here's a couple of our youngest baby, Chance. He doesn't stay still for long, so it took quite an effort to get these shots!
33%3B%3C%3A32323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3232757697743nu0mrj

33%3B%3C%3A32323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2334%3D963%3D8%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323666786683ot1lsi

Diemen, your pics belong in a calendar! I'm afraid of pit bulls (sorry, I grew up in the ghetto where pit bulls are kept in yards wearing heavy chains and being beaten with sticks so when they get out they tear into anything with a pulse) but I still think they're great looking dogs and yours is no exception! :up:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Diemen, your pics belong in a calendar! I'm afraid of pit bulls (sorry, I grew up in the ghetto where pit bulls are kept in yards wearing heavy chains and being beaten with sticks so when they get out they tear into anything with a pulse) but I still think they're great looking dogs and yours is no exception! :up:

It's really a shame the way pit bulls have been demonized, because when they're properly raised they're absolutely terrific dogs - very friendly and affectionate to people, smart and easily trained. And contrary to popular belief, their natural disposition is to be extremely docile (non-aggressive) towards humans - it's just with other dogs that there are typically aggression issues. But so many people get them just because they look tough, but then don't bother spending any time actually training the dog. Pits aren't the kind of dogs you just leave in the backyard, feed em and every once in a while spend time with. They do need a lot of attention, but it pays off. :)

Sunny is an awesome dog though - definitely my favorite dog I've ever met. :) She's pretty shy overall so she's really mellow and cuddly indoors, but she is nonstop energy outside. We can't even say the word "walk" or "park" without her getting all excited. :D

Diemen said:

It's really a shame the way pit bulls have been demonized, because when they're properly raised they're absolutely terrific dogs - very friendly and affectionate to people, smart and easily trained. And contrary to popular belief, their natural disposition is to be extremely docile (non-aggressive) towards humans - it's just with other dogs that there are typically aggression issues. But so many people get them just because they look tough, but then don't bother spending any time actually training the dog. Pits aren't the kind of dogs you just leave in the backyard, feed em and every once in a while spend time with. They do need a lot of attention, but it pays off. :)

Sunny is an awesome dog though - definitely my favorite dog I've ever met. :) She's pretty shy overall so she's really mellow and cuddly indoors, but she is nonstop energy outside. We can't even say the word "walk" or "park" without her getting all excited. :D

Yes, pitbulls definitely have received far too bad a reputation. My late uncle always used to keep pitbull crossbreeds, and they were wonderful dogs.

The ones that do attack people have either been trained to do so, or have been neglected.

dreamingoutloud1 said:

I'm going to have to put poor Phoebe to sleep today. She has an incurable tumor in her jaw, and I have to end her suffering. It's breaking my heart.

dreamingoutloud1 said:

I'm going to have to put poor Phoebe to sleep today. She has an incurable tumor in her jaw, and I have to end her suffering. It's breaking my heart.

:( that sucks

:hug:

I've got a hyperactive red cat called Damian (no pictures though). He can sometimes drive me absolutely crazy, but I love him to bits...

Diemen, your puppy is gorgeous, and whoever took those pictures has a definite eye for photography.

dreamingoutloud1 said:

:sad: :hug:

dreamingoutloud1 said:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :hug:

It's always so hard to let go of animals. But at least she will no longer be in pain. :(

We adopted another baby about 2 1/2 months ago, so I thought I'd resurrect this old pet thread. This is Pepper, Sprout (the baby :cute: ), and Chance. They are 13 yrs., 4 months, & 10 yrs. This was a rare moment when they were all: 1) still; 2) being nice to each other; and 3) awake. :laugh:
little3stooges.jpg

We rescued Chance when he was 5yrs old, so it's been since Pepper was a baby that Mr. Blu & I have gone through the whole house training/puppy phase. Some days I wonder what the Hell I was thinking to bring another dog in the house, but then I look at him & just melt!!! So who else has got 'fur kids'? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom