Bring on the dancing horses.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:
Like what I've heard by them. "The Killing Moon" is an awesome song :up:.

Agreed. Sadly, I have not heard more than that song and 'Lips Like Sugar'. I need to hear more I guess.

:drool:

Bring on the Dancing Horses is one of my favorite songs ever. There's a remix they play on the radio sometimes which is... weird. I prefer the original.

i think i have 2 casette tapes of em ...that i love
and then Mysterio ian mccullogh's solo thang....love it love it love it
some day i might by em in /cd format :drool:

shiver and say the word...of every lie youve heard....

If you get the chance to hear their very early albums like "Crocodile", "Heaven Up Here", "Porcupine" you'll hear why they were so respected and why they were considered to be the next big thing, and not U2.

Vequelliel said:
What a great band! I have Porcupine and love it. But, whats the story about the fight/arguments/dislike between Bono and Ian?:ohmy:

It's mainly McCullough attacking Bono in interviews. Bono rarely responded. I think it was mainly an issue in the 80s and 90s, not so much today.

Perhaps a little bit of envy on McCullough's part that U2 started out supporting the Bunnymen, but soon surpassed them?

financeguy said:

Perhaps a little bit of envy on McCullough's part that U2 started out supporting the Bunnymen, but soon surpassed them?

Could be.

Anyway, I'm a casual fan of the band. :up: Porcupine has some great stuff on it. I'm not too wild on the self-titled album, though... Yet most people seem to hail it as their best. :shrug:

Just ordered the box set, Crystal Days, for a dear friend of mine. Hoping I'll be able to burn a few songs.

I'm a Bunnymen fan too.
I did see them live back in 1987 or 88. I use to have such a crush on Ian McCulloch. After the show I went to the stage and took one of his cigarette butts that he threw on the floor, kept it for many years. I still love to listen to their music.

In fact my son's name is Ian. Can you guess where that came from. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom