Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I hate how raw URLs are being converted into text links.

i dunno it's kinda useful. it'll protect against rickrolling :lol:

if you turn off the advanced code can you prevent it? or ask in the IB thread if there can be a code to turn that off that you put around the url

you know what i love about face book as a boss-
stupid fucks that work for me have me as friend, put up their pics of themselves out on the town on a saturday nite and yet still want to take monday and tuesday off as sick days.
:madwife:

that is more related to governrment control but you can get medicated excezma cream ear and eye drops and some pretty fucking powerful painkillers and coldn n flu tabs OTC at least.

oh yeah it's partly our government control of drugs (like everything else oh noes don't let the people have drugs punish punish jail jail)

but partly i think it's our corporate culture

Probably a bad idea. I do enough procrastinating without extra help.

I've been trying to finish the same sewing project since OCTOBER.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Speaking of October, I've been meaning to tell youl, I finally bought it (on cssette) And I tried to listen to it on the way home from Texas, but I was not impresed in he slightes, I ejected it afte three songs :rejec:

that is more related to governrment control but you can get medicated excezma cream ear and eye drops and some pretty fucking powerful painkillers and coldn n flu tabs OTC at least.
We've got such bad meth problems here that you can't even get OTC cold medicine without asking the pharmacist for it, showing an ID and signing a log. And if you try to buy more than two boxes in a week or something, they call the cops. It's crazy.

I have to support that. I always take the stairs at Uni (mainly down, because only an idiot would regularly climb 15 floors of stairs), and i get off the bus earlier and walk it a bit, as well as the walk to the bus stop in the city instead of the very quick walk to the stop just outside uni.

It all adds up.

down for a long time is harder than up, i find i get really shaky legs afterwards if i go down a lot of stairs (like these caves i went to in europe)

but for a few flights way easier.

i'm on the 3rd floor, we've got an elevator a lot of ppl take, and i almost always walk unless i'm carrying something big or really really really exhausted. plus, as the enviromental group on campus has gone to all the elevators posting signs about how much co2 they release, elevators are bad for the environment!

We've got such bad meth problems here that you can't even get OTC cold medicine without asking the pharmacist for it, showing an ID and signing a log. And if you try to buy more than two boxes in a week or something, they call the cops. It's crazy.

meth, oxy, etc

the us has some really unique drug problems too, i mean i know everywhere's got problems (see: bono's intros to bad, rtss, wire...) but it seems to me the us attitudes and laws towards drugs and alcohol are aimed to punish only and not to help solve a problem for individuals, nor to work with policies that would solve the deeper societal problem.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Speaking of October, I've been meaning to tell youl, I finally bought it (on cssette) And I tried to listen to it on the way home from Texas, but I was not impresed in he slightes, I ejected it afte three songs :rejec:
Well if you couldn't even get through the first half, the second half has no chance. But you really should listen to With a Shout for the lulz.

JEH ROO SAH LUM
WHOA WHOA
JEH ROO SAH LUM

i dunno it's kinda useful. it'll protect against rickrolling :lol:

if you turn off the advanced code can you prevent it? or ask in the IB thread if there can be a code to turn that off that you put around the url

I don't even get how rickrolling is either 1. funny or 2. much of a prank.

And I just noticed down in the options, you can turn off "autormatically retrieve titles from external links". :up:

down for a long time is harder than up, i find i get really shaky legs afterwards if i go down a lot of stairs (like these caves i went to in europe)

i'm on the 3rd floor, we've got an elevator a lot of ppl take, and i almost always walk unless i'm carrying something big or really really really exhausted. plus, as the enviromental group on campus has gone to all the elevators posting signs about how much co2 they release, elevators are bad for the environment!

I'm not claustrophobic, but I'm scared of crowds, and aftr a while, as a rule, I tarted avoidin th elevator because it always seemed o be crammed full of people

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

WOAH u2's october????? :sad: it takes some listening to grow on you but omg it is beautiful, especially the title track

and like axver says, tomorrow also :drool:

and fire

Last edited:
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Ashley, WTF! You didn't even get to Rejoice or Tomorrow. :tsk:

And I Fall Down, the second song, sucks. Skip it next time.

I virtually run down the stairs. When i did it for the first time in a long time - first day back from memory - i was shaky as. But i'm good now.

I walk up to about the 5th floor, when necessary. Mainly because the lifts get so congested and we always want to kill the bastards who use the lifts to go up just one or two floors. Walk, you lazy prick.

The brilliance of sticking classrooms inside what could be an office building but with bigger rooms.

here they have taken all pseudoephadrine products off the market and replaced them with substitues, and some chemists have registrars for the pain killers with sedatives in them , but i know who does and who doesnt.

I don't even get how rickrolling is either 1. funny or 2. much of a prank.

And I just noticed down in the options, you can turn off "autormatically retrieve titles from external links". :up:

yeah rickrolling isn't much of a prank at all, not like tubgirl or goatsee :puke:

i think i'll leave it on, gives you an idea of what the link is and you can mouse over the link for the url to show up in the status bar

Ashley, WTF! You didn't even get to Rejoice or Tomorrow. :tsk:

And I Fall Down, the second song, sucks. Skip it next time.

WOAH u2's october????? :sad: it takes some listening to grow on you but omg it is beautiful, especially the title track

and like axver says, tomorrow also :drool:

and fire

For the record, I already knew Gloria, Tomorrow, and October, and I freakin' love THOSE songs. But I believe it was on the strength of those three alone that U2 ever got the opportunity to make a third album, because JESUS, te rest :tsk:

I virtually run down the stairs. When i did it for the first time in a long time - first day back from memory - i was shaky as. But i'm good now.

I walk up to about the 5th floor, when necessary. Mainly because the lifts get so congested and we always want to kill the bastards who use the lifts to go up just one or two floors. Walk, you lazy prick.

The brilliance of sticking classrooms inside what could be an office building but with bigger rooms.

:yikes: we've got a small suburban campus, i'm in the tallest building at 4 stories!!

but the urban campuses i've seen, like this one in ny, have interesting systems. this building i went to in ny, you took an escalator from the lobby (cause the rest of the building's first floor i think they'd rented for storefront revenue) to the 2nd floor. from there the elevators stopped every 5 floors and there were escalators in between

other systems have local and express elevators in office buildings, where you go up to a "sky lobby"

and there's new smart elevators where you go to a box and tell it what floor you want and it tells you which elevator to minimize stops

and ones that are 2 stories

<is kinda an elevator nerd, apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom