Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
climbing stairs instead of elevators, and all the touristing was TONS of epxloring places on foot, climbing steps of towers, hiking caves and mountains... so if you do stairs more, walk instead of taking the bus 5 stops (when you have time), etc.

I have to support that. I always take the stairs at Uni (mainly down, because only an idiot would regularly climb 15 floors of stairs), and i get off the bus earlier and walk it a bit, as well as the walk to the bus stop in the city instead of the very quick walk to the stop just outside uni.

It all adds up.

Carmex is the world's second greatest invention.

The condom was clearly the first.

And my deep reasoning for not having Facebook (or Myspace) is that I really don't want people that I used to know in real life contacting me online. My past is my past and I want to leave it in the past. I was a different person then, and the last thing I want is some random person I haven't talked to in five years randomly finding my Facebook and trying to add me.

Even if I used a false name, they'd find me. Because I'd inevitably get friended by my sister, and some of them have her friended, and it's just a stalkery cycle :uhoh:

OHH Fine :grumpy:

But there ARE a lot of security measures, including one that lets you tay invisible to all people unless you invite them to view yoru profie, and they wouldn't, in turn, be able to see you on anyone else's profile, just saying

i use my phone like that all the time, they are so mulitpurpose

i also lose other shit and wish that i could call it like i do when my phone is missing!

I routinely use my phone's light to read tram timetables at night at stops that lack decent lighting.

And yeah, I wish I could call my iPod ...

my chemist is AWESOME.

i have an account, so i dont have to pay cash for teh drugs up front . ohhhh yeah !

and i can get pretty much any shit i like without the spannish inquisition.

:drool:
and they know my name. which is nice.

Didn't you try to convince your stepdad that shady stuff DID go down?

And what ARE your true feelings?

:lol:I was drunk when I did that

and I'm j/king, I have no true feelings since I've never met him, but if I ever met a guy just like him, I'd fall for him in an insant

So, no suggestions for the next thread's location? Who wants to make the next thread anyway? Somebody who doesn't do it normally would be cool.

"Pharmacy" and "chemist" are synonymous here. Check out my local chemist, to the left of the tram:

s640x480

In case you can't read it, it says "ALBION PHARMACY" below "CHEMIST".

YOU JUST WANTED TO POST A TRAM PHOTO

i know that...but the euro system at least is that the chemist is someone you can consult for advice as you just told ian to do. whereas here, i dunno about mom n pop pharmacies that don't exist anymore, but the pharmacy is a tiny part of a "drug store" with lotion and hair products and makeup and tampons and paper towels and toothbrushes and greeting cards and office supplies and random other shit and holiday candy. and the pharmacists fill perscriptions but aren't really consulted and don't really know the products outside the perscriptions to recommend a specific one for a specific problem.

My other big reason is: What the fuck would I do with a Facebook? Seriously. I just have zero interest in it.

Isn't my presence on MSN good enough for you, Ashley?! :scream:

Linking you to picures, the only "blog" I actually often update, ridiculous groups, quizzes, etc. A boredom eliviateor you could say

I routinely use my phone's light to read tram timetables at night at stops that lack decent lighting.

And yeah, I wish I could call my iPod ...

My old phone used to have a really good light. I was annoyed about losing that function when i got my new phone, but impressively the screen is brighter than the light on my old phone. Win.

And i wish i could call my remote sometimes.

So, no suggestions for the next thread's location? Who wants to make the next thread anyway? Somebody who doesn't do it normally would be cool.

Once again, probably becaue of lack of conrol, I will uggest Cumby, Texas

my chemist is AWESOME.

i have an account, so i dont have to pay cash for teh drugs up front . ohhhh yeah !

and i can get pretty much any shit i like without the spannish inquisition.

:drool:
and they know my name. which is nice.

see and i think yours can perscribe drugs for certain more minor ailments hwereas we have to see a doctor...

YOU JUST WANTED TO POST A TRAM PHOTO

i know that...but the euro system at least is that the chemist is someone you can consult for advice as you just told ian to do. whereas here, i dunno about mom n pop pharmacies that don't exist anymore, but the pharmacy is a tiny part of a "drug store" with lotion and hair products and makeup and tampons and paper towels and toothbrushes and greeting cards and office supplies and random other shit and holiday candy. and the pharmacists fill perscriptions but aren't really consulted and don't really know the products outside the perscriptions to recommend a specific one for a specific problem.

... partially ... :shifty:

Ahh, right. A lot of chemists, especially the bigger ones, do sell a lot of that stuff too. But if I want over-the-counter medication and don't know quite what type, I'd always go in and ask them. They're always very helpful here. It surprises me they don't do that sort of thing over your way.

Carmex is the world's second greatest invention.

The condom was clearly the first.

And my deep reasoning for not having Facebook (or Myspace) is that I really don't want people that I used to know in real life contacting me online. My past is my past and I want to leave it in the past. I was a different person then, and the last thing I want is some random person I haven't talked to in five years randomly finding my Facebook and trying to add me.

Even if I used a false name, they'd find me. Because I'd inevitably get friended by my sister, and some of them have her friended, and it's just a stalkery cycle :uhoh:

hells yes to the condom, plus the birth control pill

i hear ya about the past, there's acutally a lot of my high school "friends" and a lot from college and summer stuff hwo i'm planning to defriend after graduation cause we haven't talked and i don't care what they're doing so it's just a privacy risk or whatever.... but then there's people i'm not exactly curious per se about what they end up doing but for various reasons are useful to network with (career aspirations, where they live or want to live, etc) so i dunno what to do with them...maybe limited profile for them...

Yeah, I really did try to start taking the stairs at all times toward he end of he semester (I lived on he 4th floor).

I'm buying a new pair of inline skates w/ my next paycheck. I love skating, so hopeflly I can get some exercise there. specially exploring the new city/neighborhood

skates will be good, i prefer to bike but either way. adn nothing is better than a place to explore, like i said walking around europe did it for me!

see and i think yours can perscribe drugs for certain more minor ailments hwereas we have to see a doctor...

that is more related to governrment control but you can get medicated excezma cream ear and eye drops and some pretty fucking powerful painkillers and coldn n flu tabs OTC at least.

:up: do it when it's time?

There's seriously nothing interesting about hte city but it' name though. The most interesting thing about it, is that the wikipedia article makes a mitake about it's population in the second sentence of the article. First it says it has a population of 616 people, hen it says 816

i have been on the same longstitch project since..... fuck um january 07? cant even remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh i crochet. i have a half finsihed afghan that i am gonna not be able to take to europe (too much room, too much other stuff to send) so who knows when i'tll get done! i used to embroider too, haven't done that in a while, and i know how to knit but i'm way faster and better at crochet.

cloth-related crafts :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom