Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the apparent temperature in Melbourne was -2.5C when I went to bed last night.

And my bedroom is routinely 3-5 degrees colder than outside.

I used to have pretty bad eczema. Now it's mostly just dry skin and the odd patch around my nose (hey, i look like i've been snorting cocaine!) and mouth.

Regular moisturising during winter sorts that shit out.

It's not my THIGHS that are the problem. It's my wide hips and lack of an ass. Nothing fits both. Jeans that fit my ass are too tight in the waist (which is not my real waist, as my natural waist is quite high up, damn shortwaistedness) and jeans that fit my waist/hips are baggy in the ass. :scream:

i'm the damn opposite! no hips and waist, big ass and thighs. if i can pull them up and button them they are too lose, other fits i can't get over my damn but or they don't fit all the way up my \ / thighs.

ok i think i should get some venture money and start this pants company. we'll do thigh measurements too. will you guys order from me

i've talked to ax about this, i had bad eczema as a kid. i've used intensive amounts of lotion since i was old enough to be self conscious and today very few signs of it. i highly recommend hydrolated petrolatum (brand name hydrolatum) especially in the winter. and olay ribbons AND inshower lotion are both good. also cocoa butter. and aloe for when it itches is quite soothing, will stop you from itching

I have prescription stuff that does the trick, the problem is jut me forgetting to put it on.

Huh? All my pants normally have to be taken up an inch or so.

Maye it' just the US, but NOTHING fits me. It' always too long, and it's usually too big

:laugh:

I'm glad for football jerseys, which all have really small collar space.

Although i'll start looking like a bogan if i wear them too often

I wear a lot o ports shirts to cover, they're acceptable no matter what. I have been so stressed out by quitting my meds, finals, and moving that I keep putting on weight then losing a lot of weight, but I plan on seriously going on another diet after we finish moving ino our new houe.

I HAVE to wear a t-shirt at Quiznos and I feel so awkward. I'm alwayz afraid customers are judign me thinking, "is THAT persong going to be toching my sandwich?" a

Man, it was broke out all over my hand last week, and I cant not even count how many peopl were like, what happened to your hand?

I just couldn't do that. I'd request some modification to the dress code or something. I'm far too self-conscious of my eczema. I'm just thankful that only once has it appeared somewhere where I couldn't hide it, i.e. on my face.

I've currently just started a short routine of steroid pills to knock the eczema on the head. It's pretty bad on my arms and legs right now, but I've stabilised it - it's not getting worse, but not getting better. Hoping the steroids do their usual trick and clear it up quickly.

I used to have pretty bad eczema. Now it's mostly just dry skin and the odd patch around my nose (hey, i look like i've been snorting cocaine!) and mouth.

hydrolatum!! lately the only place mine's looked bad, as i treat my body regularly, is my face (which i can't regularly overmoisturize...i have like kinda oily face + eczema tendencies, weird) right around my eyes which just looks horrendous. when it does pop up there i load on the hydrolatum and cocoa butter

It's not my THIGHS that are the problem. It's my wide hips and lack of an ass. Nothing fits both. Jeans that fit my ass are too tight in the waist (which is not my real waist, as my natural waist is quite high up, damn shortwaistedness) and jeans that fit my waist/hips are baggy in the ass. :scream:

VERY much so. I want to sleep with Edge's wife. And Shakira. Possibly at the same time :shifty:

morleigh :up: shakira :down:

shakiras technique is incorrect.

anyway ..... do you have facebook, if so pm me :sexywink:

hey dumbass isnt it minus 8 there?

:lol:

bloody been 3 deg here every morning. shudder. 3 layers, 2 pair of sox and a hoodie and a trench coat stil not enuff for me to retain warmth :grumpy:

According to my budget temperature dealy, it's 10.2 degrees outside my room.

Lately i've not even been taking a jacket to uni - i love walking home from the bus in the still, coolness of the evening. It's one of the lines from New York (the U2 song) i can totally relate to.

I also love autumn mornings, when it's sunny.

What do you use? I'm a fan of QV moisturising cream.

hydrolatum!! lately the only place mine's looked bad, as i treat my body regularly, is my face (which i can't regularly overmoisturize...i have like kinda oily face + eczema tendencies, weird) right around my eyes which just looks horrendous. when it does pop up there i load on the hydrolatum and cocoa butter

I would, but the simple supermarket moisturiser does the job just fine.

It's mainly because of artificial heating. I can almost feel it breaking out when i'm on the bus.

According to my budget temperature dealy, it's 10.2 degrees outside my room.

Lately i've not even been taking a jacket to uni - i love walking home from the bus in the still, coolness of the evening. It's one of the lines from New York (the U2 song) i can totally relate to.

I also love autumn mornings, when it's sunny.

global warming :rockon:

Autumn mornings are fucking beautiful. One morning this coming week, I need to get up early and go around photographing the neighbourhood at 7am. Maybe next Saturday or something.

i'm the damn opposite! no hips and waist, big ass and thighs. if i can pull them up and button them they are too lose, other fits i can't get over my damn but or they don't fit all the way up my \ / thighs.

ok i think i should get some venture money and start this pants company. we'll do thigh measurements too. will you guys order from me

If the damn pants will fit me, then hell yes.

I just couldn't do that. I'd request some modification to the dress code or something. I'm far too self-conscious of my eczema. I'm just thankful that only once has it appeared somewhere where I couldn't hide it, i.e. on my face.

I've currently just started a short routine of steroid pills to knock the eczema on the head. It's pretty bad on my arms and legs right now, but I've stabilised it - it's not getting worse, but not getting better. Hoping the steroids do their usual trick and clear it up quickly.

I'ma allowed to wear long-sleeves, but it gets so hot in tehre, and I always end up with dressing on my sleeves.

I am so glad I've never had it on my ae. I'm so scared of tht happeneing

morleigh :up: shakira :down:

shakiras technique is incorrect.

anyway ..... do you have facebook, if so pm me :sexywink:

She's lame and won't get a facebook account :madspit:

I would, but the simple supermarket moisturiser does the job just fine.

It's mainly because of artificial heating. I can almost feel it breaking out when i'm on the bus.

That stuff is murder for my lips. I currently have to use some special lip balm stuff because they got so bad in late April. Thank fuck I don't have a girlfriend right now. No girl wants a guy with nasty eczema the length of his legs or horribly broken lips and such.

I have prescription stuff that does the trick, the problem is jut me forgetting to put it on.

Maye it' just the US, but NOTHING fits me. It' always too long, and it's usually too big

I wear a lot o ports shirts to cover, they're acceptable no matter what. I have been so stressed out by quitting my meds, finals, and moving that I keep putting on weight then losing a lot of weight, but I plan on seriously going on another diet after we finish moving ino our new houe.

1. i've had perscriptions, i just have such a well established shower and post shower routine and i keep lotion on mynight table and by my desk so if i'm reading or on the computer i can apply it regularly.

2. not the us, europe/asia is worse at least for my body type. because they have skinny little thighs there! they are skinnier and often taller, i'm just fucked. damn fat america i also had trouble finding bras, i mean it's not that easy here either but say at victoria's secret they've got d's on the floor and some dd's in the back, in austria i could find only up to c's on the floor.

3. i totally hear ya, i gain when i'm stressed (finals!) because i eat irregularly and badly. i usually try to just have a healthy diet with moderate portions and a few snacks, much harder at the dining hall. but i don't htink diet alone does it, i only get to my happy happy weight (not really wieght, but size and ton) when i'm working out regularly. join a gym! it also makes you feel sooooo much better, the endorphins from exercise are awesome. my boyfriend has some really depressive tendencies and if he doesn't work out every single day he gets really irritable.

Autumn mornings are fucking beautiful. One morning this coming week, I need to get up early and go around photographing the neighbourhood at 7am. Maybe next Saturday or something.

I love autumn. Always reminds me of how much I love football/soccer. Makes me wat to go back to playing, but I'm way too out of shape now. Soccer is my favorite sporto play. baseball to watch, 2nd fav, to play

That stuff is murder for my lips. I currently have to use some special lip balm stuff because they got so bad in late April. Thank fuck I don't have a girlfriend right now. No girl wants a guy with nasty eczema the length of his legs or horribly broken lips and such.

my lips are so bad now, i think the caffeine and not enough hydration and stress with this thesis...i've been applying blistex dct like 10x a day! they are actually soft, but still i have a split! :grumpy:

God, my lips get it awfully. I've been meaning to get some more balm because the stuff i use if propping up one of my laptops and burns like a mofo when it goes on.

Of all things, Nivea for Men.

I picked up some Vaseline Aloe oil last time i got sunburnt. I've been meaning to give it a go on the other problem.

aloe is a fucking wonder drug. get the gel with no additives if you can, or better yet a few plants and take it from the source (but the gel is easier to spread on your body, plants are good for a small patch that's a problem).

i used to use eucerin, but i didnt like it, kinda greasey feeling, then i used suave. in austria i bought neutrogena's swiss formula body moisturizer and i fell in love, it's pricier than other standard drug store lotions but it's soooooooo good

1. i've had perscriptions, i just have such a well established shower and post shower routine and i keep lotion on mynight table and by my desk so if i'm reading or on the computer i can apply it regularly.

2. not the us, europe/asia is worse at least for my body type. because they have skinny little thighs there! they are skinnier and often taller, i'm just fucked. damn fat america i also had trouble finding bras, i mean it's not that easy here either but say at victoria's secret they've got d's on the floor and some dd's in the back, in austria i could find only up to c's on the floor.

3. i totally hear ya, i gain when i'm stressed (finals!) because i eat irregularly and badly. i usually try to just have a healthy diet with moderate portions and a few snacks, much harder at the dining hall. but i don't htink diet alone does it, i only get to my happy happy weight (not really wieght, but size and ton) when i'm working out regularly. join a gym! it also makes you feel sooooo much better, the endorphins from exercise are awesome. my boyfriend has some really depressive tendencies and if he doesn't work out every single day he gets really irritable.

1. My problem is I only seriusly break ou when the seasons change, and ha's such a long time gap aht I forget I even HAVE eczema, let alone meds :lol:

2. I guess it's good to know it could be worse :lol:

3. What bother me is I always feel like i'm on the verge of loing weight, that i know I could do it if I would jus put my mind to it, byt I can't seem to get my mind to it.

So, the apparent temperature in Melbourne was -2.5C when I went to bed last night.

And my bedroom is routinely 3-5 degrees colder than outside.

hey dumbass isnt it minus 8 there?

:lol:

bloody been 3 deg here every morning. shudder. 3 layers, 2 pair of sox and a hoodie and a trench coat stil not enuff for me to retain warmth :grumpy:

been meanign to laugh at you guys. it's in the 70s here (20c?) and i'm loving it, except i'd love it way more if i were outside and not on my computer, lol.

tho it was cold (like 12c) and rainy last week, not may weather at all.

Of all things, Nivea for Men.

I actually have some of their fash wash stuff sitting around as my father - who also has eczema - uses it on his face when it gets dry and eczema-y and recommends it. But my face hasn't been much of a concern lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom