Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a good one, LM. Always good discussing this stuff with you. :wave:

Ecclesiastes encourages sex?

4:11: Again, if two lie down together, then they have warmth; but how can one be warm alone?

:laugh:

these things i can relate to. especially that i have a kind of obsessive personality. but i think overall chemically i am pretty stable.

For what it's worth to the thread, i can relate to social anxiety and such, but was told by a therapist last year it's all related to lack of self confidence due to body image etc. Sounds dead right to me

Glad that body image thing isn't a problem now.

Signed,
Adonis

From a lot of what you've said in these threads, I feel that you tend to idolize (and idealize) women. That might make you less willing to open up and share your "inner darkness" and expose yourself to looking abnormal or imperfect.

I agree with this. Screwtape, you would be much better served by a male therapist. I think you would probably be more relaxed and open with one.

who is trance ending and why are they lurking in our thread?

That would be Melissa. Ali and I both know her in person, and she used to post here - though I don't think at any time you were around. She hasn't been around much lately though.

So, hi Melissa! :wave:

...and the lord said let there be Exit with Gloria snippet. :wink:

:lol:

The Lord thy God proclaimeth, thou shalt not segue Pride into Streets. Thou shalt perform 11 O'clock Tick Tock live. Thou shalt not play Vertigo twice in one show.

Etc., etc.

And have a good night! :wave:

:lol:

The Lord thy God proclaimeth, thou shalt not segue Pride into Streets. Thou shalt perform 11 O'clock Tick Tock live. Thou shalt not play Vertigo twice in one show.

Etc., etc.

And have a good night! :wave:

I'd love to see people reading too much into U2 lyrics in whatever the lyric forum is here if that was the bible.

Thou shalt not be acoustic

I'd love to see people reading too much into U2 lyrics in whatever the lyric forum is here if that was the bible.

I have entertained the idea of constructing a theological system based on The Joshua Tree's lyrics. I know it could be done and it would bring the lulz, but it would require effort and I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Plus, there would probably be a Jamila or two who'd take it seriously.

For what it's worth to the thread, i can relate to social anxiety and such, but was told by a therapist last year it's all related to lack of self confidence due to body image etc. Sounds dead right to me

Glad that body image thing isn't a problem now.

Signed,
Adonis
That reminds me. I hate when people assume that my anxiety stems from body image issues because I'm not skinny. To me that just makes me think that they think I ought to be self-conscious about it. In reality, I'm pretty damn comfortable with my body. It's my mind I'm worried about people judging.

I actually wrote a big rant once about how I consider my mind and body to be two very separate parts of me, and how I wish to be judged for the merits of my mind rather than my cupsize, and how I'm actually more comfortable revealing my body than revealing my inner thoughts.

Screwy, I think it was a great first draft...the dialgouge felt very...comicbooky to me...if that make sense.

Chass are you still around?

I freakin hated being on meds for the record. It never seemed to do me any good , the only time I noticed i was on them wa if I for got to take them. God those were terribel day ineed

oh can i add one last thing on mental illness- its not all bad- it got me to the top of my field with a degree, 2 post grads several other qualifications and a mangement job.

and it got me a wicked fucking vinyl collection. :drool:

I have entertained the idea of constructing a theological system based on The Joshua Tree's lyrics. I know it could be done and it would bring the lulz, but it would require effort and I'm not sure I can be bothered.

:lmao: this reminds me of one time when Irishteen/Jonn and I were taking in DESCRIBe and he said something about the Book of The Unforgettable Fire, Chapter A Sort of Homecoming, Verse, And You Know it's time to go

that'd be awesome, do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom