Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy: Mia!! You look great!!! What date is their wedding? Was thinking about Shannon the other day.....

:love: I'z feeling the luff from you all today :yes:

oooh i didn't know you were gonna be one of her bridesmaids! :up:

THANKS! :)
I hate David's Bridal, for the record. That's why I said plus size. They told me I was plus size and I was like "um...okay?" Which, normally I wouldn't care, I know their sizes run small, but that day I seriously had a huge argument with my parents who were telling me I needed to lose weight.

Yeah, lol I dunno WHY she picked me for m-o-h, hahaha I'm awful at planning things. But I'm honored nonetheless, it's going to be a lovely wedding. I just hope I don't fuck it up!

i need to get the halter strappy things hemmed, and i'm supershort, so it is definitely not tea length like it should be. here's how it is pre-alterations.

Photo1.jpg

oooooh pretty! i think it's bunching a little weird at the boobs tho

i have the same problem with being short. every dress i wear goes down way further than it was intended. these days, sometimes that's a good thing, but sometimes not.

Thanks Kim! Sept 6. Haha, I can't believe it is coming up! I remember when he proposed to her a year ago. Wow. Time flies. cruzilla is also a bridesmaid.

:love: Wow, a real Interference Wedding!!!! :ohmy: That almost sounds bad...:lol:

I was just looking at the engagement pics earlier today.....I'm so happy for her :love: make that for them both!

THANKS! :)
I hate David's Bridal, for the record. That's why I said plus size. They told me I was plus size and I was like "um...okay?" Which, normally I wouldn't care, I know their sizes run small, but that day I seriously had a huge argument with my parents who were telling me I needed to lose weight.

Yeah, lol I dunno WHY she picked me for m-o-h, hahaha I'm awful at planning things. But I'm honored nonetheless, it's going to be a lovely wedding. I just hope I don't fuck it up!
eww, that sucks. with my track record, i don't think i'll ever have to worry about planning a wedding, but i'll keep that in mind about david's bridal sucking balls. a friend of mine is using them, but i'm not in her wedding. plus, her bridesmaids' dresses are....fugly :uhoh:

:lol: it seems like it. i don't know her too well, but they seem like a cute couple and they obviously love each other a lot.

Thanks Kim! Sept 6. Haha, I can't believe it is coming up! I remember when he proposed to her a year ago. Wow. Time flies. cruzilla is also a bridesmaid.

how do you guys all know each other - aka did you meet off forum?

and tell the proposal story, I go gaga for a good proposal story

< is actually a romantic, don't tell dalton

yeah see...that's the problem. there's that whole self control thing...of which i have none. especially when it is an open bar. i have a feeling a LOT of things are gonna come up in that speech.

:lol: So, we need to make sure you stay off the Powerjuice, refrain from Bug Pinuses, and don't go in for the SuperWin......:shifty:.....hmm....

Ok, just make sure someone records it so we can all :lol: together!!!! :D

oooooh pretty! i think it's bunching a little weird at the boobs tho

i have the same problem with being short. every dress i wear goes down way further than it was intended. these days, sometimes that's a good thing, but sometimes not.

thanks! :) yeah hopefully some of the bunchiness will go away when the straps are better fitting.

being short has it's perks...but yeah...it's hard to find clothes that fit just right. all my jeans are frayed at the bottom.

thanks! :) yeah hopefully some of the bunchiness will go away when the straps are better fitting.

being short has it's perks...but yeah...it's hard to find clothes that fit just right. all my jeans are frayed at the bottom.

I'd much rather have frayed jeans, than constantly fight to find long enough jeans that don't leave my ankles showing for that ultimate :nerd: look :lol:

mine too, i HATE that. i always turn them up like 1.5 inches but eventually they get frayed, especially if they get heavy in the rain or something. it especially sucks because any attempt at making jeans look "dressy" is ruined and i always feel like a slob with frayed jeans.

:lol: that sounds like my mom. she's super short. she always has the hardest time finding clothes that fit her and don't end up looking like she's swimming in them. not just pants, but jackets, etc.

she shops in petite sections and such and usually still has to get it hemmed a little :cute:

how do you guys all know each other - aka did you meet off forum?

and tell the proposal story, I go gaga for a good proposal story

< is actually a romantic, don't tell dalton

i'm not supposed to tell but dalton has a soft spot too :shh:

we did meet off the forum actually. we had chat for awhile, and then i told her i was going to the hawaii show (completely out of the blue decision.) and she said she was happy for me, and really wanted to go. of course, i said YOU SHOULD! so she went. so did a friend of mine from college. and we also met pattip2000. my college friend and i were the only ones who knew each other before hand. patti and shannon hadn't met any of us, but we all stayed in a condo together on waikiki. we've been pretty tight ever since. it's amazing how complete strangers can just bond like that.

i think on another occasion cari (cruzilla) and patti drove up to shannon's and hung out for a weekend. then at some point shannon and cari drove down to VA and that's when i met cari.

when i was living in VA i met up with a lot of the east coasters pretty frequently, actually. they're a really cool bunch.

as for the proposal, shannon had just had a nightmare of a summer. her father had passed away. she and mike had been dating for 7 years on and off i think. then, one weekend he was over, they were at the beach taking a walk. he got down on one knee and asked her, right there on the shore. she's so funny bc she suspected he would propose to her that weekend, so she got a manicure for all her pictures. :lol:

eww, that sucks. with my track record, i don't think i'll ever have to worry about planning a wedding, but i'll keep that in mind about david's bridal sucking balls. a friend of mine is using them, but i'm not in her wedding. plus, her bridesmaids' dresses are....fugly :uhoh:

:lol: it seems like it. i don't know her too well, but they seem like a cute couple and they obviously love each other a lot.

:lol: yeah...i lucked out and didn't have to wear a hideous dress. actually, i think i've been lucky in all the weddings i've been to so far. :knocksonwood:

I am going to try to explain some things. This is what you all wanted to know. It will still be pretty vague though. I’m sorry for that. I've never told anyone this.

I’m not like everyone else because when I was little something happened. I saw something no one should until death. It changed me. I have never been the same since. It changed the way I saw things, the way feel things. It opened my eyes to the world and its people. No one sees the things I see. It has left me fearless of death but I can’t find anything worth living for. I have a special purpose on this Earth. It isolates me and makes me carry a great weight of others. I know this is all very vague and strange sounding but it is the best that I can explain.

There is something else. I carry with me a unique darkness. There is something else in this body with me. It is something evil. It speaks to me in my dreams. It fills my head with terrible thoughts. That’s why I can never lose control because it could get out. You can’t imagine a thing this terrible.

So there is a taste of me. I know I sound even crazy than before. I bet some of you are even scared of me now. You wanted to know so there it is.

i'm not supposed to tell but dalton has a soft spot too :shh:

we did meet off the forum actually. we had chat for awhile, and then i told her i was going to the hawaii show (completely out of the blue decision.) and she said she was happy for me, and really wanted to go. of course, i said YOU SHOULD! so she went. so did a friend of mine from college. and we also met pattip2000. my college friend and i were the only ones who knew each other before hand. patti and shannon hadn't met any of us, but we all stayed in a condo together on waikiki. we've been pretty tight ever since. it's amazing how complete strangers can just bond like that.

i think on another occasion cari (cruzilla) and patti drove up to shannon's and hung out for a weekend. then at some point shannon and cari drove down to VA and that's when i met cari.

when i was living in VA i met up with a lot of the east coasters pretty frequently, actually. they're a really cool bunch.

as for the proposal, shannon had just had a nightmare of a summer. her father had passed away. she and mike had been dating for 7 years on and off i think. then, one weekend he was over, they were at the beach taking a walk. he got down on one knee and asked her, right there on the shore. she's so funny bc she suspected he would propose to her that weekend, so she got a manicure for all her pictures. :lol:

cool!

and :lmao: about the manicure

I am going to try to explain some things. This is what you all wanted to know. It will still be pretty vague though. I?m sorry for that. I've never told anyone this.

I?m not like everyone else because when I was little something happened. I saw something no one should until death. It changed me. I have never been the same since. It changed the way I saw things, the way feel things. It opened my eyes to the world and its people. No one sees the things I see. It has left me fearless of death but I can?t find anything worth living for. I have a special purpose on this Earth. It isolates me and makes me carry a great weight of others. I know this is all very vague and strange sounding but it is the best that I can explain.

There is something else. I carry with me a unique darkness. There is something else in this body with me. It is something evil. It speaks to me in my dreams. It fills my head with terrible thoughts. That?s why I can never lose control because it could get out. You can?t imagine a thing this terrible.

So there is a taste of me. I know I sound even crazy than before. I bet some of you are even scared of me now. You wanted to know so there it is.
what did you see?

I am going to try to explain some things. This is what you all wanted to know. It will still be pretty vague though. I?m sorry for that. I've never told anyone this.

I?m not like everyone else because when I was little something happened. I saw something no one should until death. It changed me. I have never been the same since. It changed the way I saw things, the way feel things. It opened my eyes to the world and its people. No one sees the things I see. It has left me fearless of death but I can?t find anything worth living for. I have a special purpose on this Earth. It isolates me and makes me carry a great weight of others. I know this is all very vague and strange sounding but it is the best that I can explain.

There is something else. I carry with me a unique darkness. There is something else in this body with me. It is something evil. It speaks to me in my dreams. It fills my head with terrible thoughts. That?s why I can never lose control because it could get out. You can?t imagine a thing this terrible.

Screwtape, thank you for sharing this, and I am trying to understand this/you.

I just don't get what you are alluding to with "something no one should until death" given that you are an atheist, like me.

Thanks for sharing, Screwtape. I know that wasn't easy.
Whatever your special purpose is, I hope you get to realize your dreams and achieve your goals. Just know that we are all human beings. We seek connection and reach out to others. Just as we are responsive to you, I think if you have people a chance you can find you can have a decent conversation with them without having to get into who is right and who is wrong. We're all just here looking for, or following a purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom