Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is always a ribbing or a good laugh but how can I tell I'm fucking crazy. I'm paranoid and manic. Like I told Varitek I'm not like everyone else. You guys just will never understand.

Whatever, man. These people are trying to help you out and you're just throwing out excuses. We're attempting to understand but you're making it difficult.

Of course it is always a ribbing or a good laugh but how can I tell I'm fucking crazy. I'm paranoid and manic. Like I told Varitek I'm not like everyone else. You guys just will never understand.

why are you afraid to relate to people? is it because you were hurt in the past? do you think perhaps it will happen again?

it's hard to overcome the demons of our past, believe me i know. but there are people that are willing to listen and people who are trained to help.

Can I just say that, I think part of the reason you think people don't understand you is that you don't try and understand people. And I know what it is fucking like to live with depression. Holy fucking shit don't get me started. We've all been through some shit, you know? I haven't been through your shit, and you haven't been through mine. That doesn't make you any more valid than me or me any more valid than you. It's the human experience. You're not a unique and beautiful snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else....:blahblah:

You want to reach out, I can tell, but you're not doing it by isolating yourself like that, Screwy. You still feel like you are better than me, and I don't think that's really gonna get us to any common ground.

You can make and maintain friends by talking to them, understanding them, and reaching common ground. Not by running away. :hug:

I'm not better than anyone. We all might have gone through bad things but it is my past, present and future. It has no end. I wish you could all understand but you don't. You don't understand the world as I do and I am sorry for that. Besides Mia, you alone have called me lustful, arrogant and even worried I might because a mass murderer. What do I have to live for when that is how people see me?

Even when people are genuinely trying to help you refuse to listen. Continue along that path and you will have no one but yourself to blame for your loneliness.

I'm sorry but no one feels and lives the way I do. I really wish I could explain but you wouldn't understand. I have a unique burden. If you understood you would know why I have to isolate myself at times. I don't get any enjoyment out of it. I wish I could explain.

Part of me feels I'm destined to be alone for the rest of my life. Maybe isolation is just my future.

Why don't you try to explain? And again, if you feel you're destined to be alone and isolated, you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Everyone is not like everyone else, everyone has unique burdens, everyone has demons, everyone feels alone and isolated and misunderstood. You can still try to connect to people, for example by having a give-and-take conversation. In fact, if you do this, you will probably feel a little less alone.

You know, if you want to be less alone, you're going to have to be willing to accept the possibility that, hey, maybe they will understand.

:yes:

why are you afraid to relate to people? is it because you were hurt in the past? do you think perhaps it will happen again?

it's hard to overcome the demons of our past, believe me i know. but there are people that are willing to listen and people who are trained to help.

Mia, I don't know if there is anyone out there that can help me. I'm so afraid they'll lock me away. Maybe they should.

I'm not better than anyone. We all might have gone through bad things but it is my past, present and future. It has no end. I wish you could all understand but you don't. You don't understand the world as I do and I am sorry for that. Besides Mia, you alone have called me lustful, arrogant and even worried I might because a mass murderer. What do I have to live for when that is how people see me?

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE. I never said you were a mass murderer. This is the shit I'm talking about when I say you don't even try to understand people. I said that some of the things you said set off some bells for a situation that I was OBVIOUSLY DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY. Mental health is a serious fucking thing. You just going around saying you're gonna kill yourself, or noone understands you, or everyone else is wrong and you're right. I specifically told you that I knew you weren't gonna hurt people, but that since you were saying those things that I thought it was important you talk to a professional, because I have seen what happens when it continues to fester.

I would recommend you not take my quotes out of context again. Think about what I said and why I said it.

I know. My problem is I honestly don't think there is anyone out there that can help me but I do need help. I don't know.

If you know, then why not take strides to fix it? Is it because we don't understand you or that it goes against your nature? Well, it can't be from lack of trying.

I think I'd rather go shopping.

See you folks in 40-50 minutes or something. :wave:

hmm i wonder if the new forum can take youtube's embed code

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvslTGXnpko&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvslTGXnpko&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I do want help. I just don't think anyone can without locking me up forever.

You keep saying stuff like this and alluding to a unique reason why you feel different, as opposed to the reasons why everyone else feels different. Just saying this isn't going to help us understand you.

i dunno if anyone has noticed but the superthread has gotten some attention, 9 members viewing...before i recognized some names from the b+c thread

hey visitors. want us to flash you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom