Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i just got an ad to "help children in china." is it wrong that it made me laugh?

i have no soul, i'm going to hell
down.gif

Don't they grow on trees over there?

If we're gonna help a Chinese kid, let's help Short Round. What the fuck happened to him?

Hah, now I have a Google Ad that links to three separate family/divorce law things, and then one for "make $4,500 cash every month". Hmm, is Google trying to imply something about lawyers here ... :wink:

Can someone explain to me what this is:

"Beamsplitters & Filters
Interference & dichroic filters Beamsplitters using APS plasma "

I feel like Egon's telling me about ghostbustin' or something.

I'm about to go on a rant here so I'm sorry.

I just don't think any of you know what it is like to be me. You don't understand what it is like to know things. You don't understand what it is like to have to live your life in the way I do. You don't know what it is like to be seen as the madman everywhere. You don't know what it is like to never be able to lose control. You don't know what I have seen and what I have to live with. You laugh and mock me but you don't understand. You don't know what it is like to see depression haunt you at every weak moment. I know I come off like a lot of crappy things. I don't mean to. That's just who I am. I can never change that. If you don't like it then maybe we aren't meant to be friends. I'm always alone and sometimes I don't know why I am try to live anymore. So stop laughing. I might be a joke but you will never understand. Perhaps I should go before I lose every friend here. :(

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Why Coldplay's Next Album=Zooropa 2

Get it together, man. You've been pulling this ever since your first thread here, and you've actually gained friends since then.

Fact is, people are going to disagree with you regularly and, frankly, if you're the fragile, misunderstood being you claim to be, it would be wise for you to get used to this and adjust if you want to have any chance of functioning in this world. Sorry if this is harsh, but it's true.

short round? :scratch:

i'm a horrible person, i think the worst stuff is funny. i laughed at tribute.wmv. i still do.

short-round.jpg

From Indiana Jones. I should've specified in my original post.

"OKIE DOKIE, DOCTAH JONES. HOLD ONTO YO POTATOES!"

Hah, now I have a Google Ad that links to three separate family/divorce law things, and then one for "make $4,500 cash every month". Hmm, is Google trying to imply something about lawyers here ... :wink:
:lol: now mine says, in order: bono - cannes 2008; buy ringtones; latest mx46 U2 driver (huh? i guess it's a windows thing); U2 ringtones

You know:

You don't understand what it is like to know things.

Get over yourself.

As for never being able to change yourself, BS. There is always outside help if you really need it, but if you really want to change the situation you're in, the change has to come from within first. Whether that's deciding to give other people's opinions more credence, coming to the realization that not everything you think is right, or making a decision to see a therapist just to vent in person to someone - you are ultimately the one who has to take the first step.

If you're not willing to make any changes yourself, then all you're doing is perpetuating and fueling your own misery.

OK everyone in the world is unique and at times feels isolated, alone, misunderstood, etc. It is actually, ironically, a universal human phenomenon.

However, as Mia says, it seems that you largely create this isolation yourself, by refusing to engage in discussion and exchange and only wanting to see things as you: RIGHT everyone else: WRONG therefore you are misunderstood. You isolate yourself, and I have to wonder if at some level of consciousness, you do it on purpose and get some sort of enjoyment out of forming your identity around this.

That sounds harsh, but I've been thinking this about you for a while.

Finally, you aren't "losing friends" when you do this, and running away really isn't a good way to maintain or build friendships.

I'm sorry but no one feels and lives the way I do. I really wish I could explain but you wouldn't understand. I have a unique burden. If you understood you would know why I have to isolate myself at times. I don't get any enjoyment out of it. I wish I could explain.

Part of me feels I'm destined to be alone for the rest of my life. Maybe isolation is just my future.

I'm sorry but no one feels and lives the way I do. I really wish I could explain but you wouldn't understand. I have a unique burden. If you understood you would know why I have to isolate myself at times. I don't get any enjoyment out of it. I wish I could explain.

Part of me feels I'm destined to be alone for the rest of my life. Maybe isolation is just my future.

Maybe no one understands because you only assume that they don't. Have you ever explained your situation to anyone before without that assumption?

Are you David Banner?

Please read what everyone's said to you, myself included. If anything, it's good-natured ribbing, tomfoolery, chicanery, rabble rousing.

You're not a terrible human being because you feel different from everyone else. You think you're the only one who feels this way? Fuck no, everyone does, they just have different ways of coping with it. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and have confidence in yourself and what you have to say. And please don't fucking apologize for sharing your feelings, it's unnecessary.

Of course it is always a ribbing or a good laugh but how can I tell I'm fucking crazy. I'm paranoid and manic. Like I told Varitek I'm not like everyone else. You guys just will never understand.

that's the thing. everyone has at least one person out there who feels exactly like they do, reasons and all. i'm not asking you to share your reasons, as we've asked before and you've made it clear you don't want to share. which it's fine, that's your life and it's your decision. i respect your privacy :) but the fact still remains, we're not as alone as we think we are. example: someone feels isolated because they were molested as a child. there's tons of people out there who are in the same boat, or were.

whatever your reasons are, there's bound to be a support group or forum online. i'm certainly not suggesting you leave the forums, but maybe if you found something like that in addition to here, you'd find there's other people who share your pain and you won't feel so alone.

You know, if you want to be less alone, you're going to have to be willing to accept the possibility that, hey, maybe they will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom