Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an ad from United for a week Down Under. I'd quite like that, actually. :hmm:
yeah, that's what i keep getting
down.gif

at least they realized this is the australia superthread :up:

I'm about to go on a rant here so I'm sorry.

I just don't think any of you know what it is like to be me. You don't understand what it is like to know things. You don't understand what it is like to have to live your life in the way I do. You don't know what it is like to be seen as the madman everywhere. You don't know what it is like to never be able to lose control. You don't know what I have seen and what I have to live with. You laugh and mock me but you don't understand. You don't know what it is like to see depression haunt you at every weak moment. I know I come off like a lot of crappy things. I don't mean to. That's just who I am. I can never change that. If you don't like it then maybe we aren't meant to be friends. I'm always alone and sometimes I don't know why I am try to live anymore. So stop laughing. I might be a joke but you will never understand. Perhaps I should go before I lose every friend here. :(

I got one with "Total Coverage of the War in Iraq" and one right next to it that says, no joke, "Peace Studies."

I just don't think any of you know what it is like to be me. You don't understand what it is like to know things. You don't understand what it is like to have to live your life in the way I do. You don't know what it is like to be seen as the madman everywhere. You don't know what it is like to never be able to lose control. You don't know what I have seen and what I have to live with. You laugh and mock me but you don't understand. You don't know what it is like to see depression haunt you at every weak moment. I know I come off like a lot of crappy things. I don't mean to. That's just who I am. I can never change that. If you don't like it then maybe we aren't meant to be friends. I'm always alone and sometimes I don't know why I am try to live anymore. So stop laughing. I might be a joke but you will never understand. Perhaps I should go before I lose every friend here. :(

OK everyone in the world is unique and at times feels isolated, alone, misunderstood, etc. It is actually, ironically, a universal human phenomenon.

However, as Mia says, it seems that you largely create this isolation yourself, by refusing to engage in discussion and exchange and only wanting to see things as you: RIGHT everyone else: WRONG therefore you are misunderstood. You isolate yourself, and I have to wonder if at some level of consciousness, you do it on purpose and get some sort of enjoyment out of forming your identity around this.

That sounds harsh, but I've been thinking this about you for a while.

Finally, you aren't "losing friends" when you do this, and running away really isn't a good way to maintain or build friendships.

I got one with "Total Coverage of the War in Iraq" and one right next to it that says, no joke, "Peace Studies."

:lmao:

Now I'm back to one advertising that auction of Edge's stuff for charity. That's what I get most of the time. One day I got Las Vegas golfing holidays, and occasionally Google ads for various things.

i understand what you mean about depression and everything, and i'm sorry. :hug: but, it's a bit presumptuous to say you know things, which sort of implies you know things and we don't. that's all we mean. i certainly don't think any of us here think you're an idiot or don't want to be your friend.

Please read what everyone's said to you, myself included. If anything, it's good-natured ribbing, tomfoolery, chicanery, rabble rousing.

You're not a terrible human being because you feel different from everyone else. You think you're the only one who feels this way? Fuck no, everyone does, they just have different ways of coping with it. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and have confidence in yourself and what you have to say. And please don't fucking apologize for sharing your feelings, it's unnecessary.

Can I just say that, I think part of the reason you think people don't understand you is that you don't try and understand people. And I know what it is fucking like to live with depression. Holy fucking shit don't get me started. We've all been through some shit, you know? I haven't been through your shit, and you haven't been through mine. That doesn't make you any more valid than me or me any more valid than you. It's the human experience. You're not a unique and beautiful snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else....:blahblah:

You want to reach out, I can tell, but you're not doing it by isolating yourself like that, Screwy. You still feel like you are better than me, and I don't think that's really gonna get us to any common ground.

You can make and maintain friends by talking to them, understanding them, and reaching common ground. Not by running away. :hug:

Last edited:
So Is It Just That A Post Can't Have Only Capslock?

EDIT: HAHAHHAHAHA YEAH IT JUST LOWERCASED ME!

I'm honestly not sure what's worse, all caps or Having Every Single Word's First Letter Capitalised. If it must do something about all caps, I think it should convert everything to all lower case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom