Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, I think Hillsong church's direction, or at least their youth group's direction, is beginning to shift away from money... Check out these lyrics from one of their latest songs:

It is not a human right
To stare not fight
While broken nations dream
Open up our eyes, so blind
That we might find
The Mercy for the need

Singin Hey Now
Fill our hearts with your compassion
Hey Now
As we hold to our confession
Yeah

It is not too far a cry
To much to try
To help the least of these
Politics will not decide
If we should rise
And be your hands and feet

Singing Hey Now
Fill our hearts with your compassion
Hey Now
As we hold to our confession

Woah-oh-oh,
God be the solution
Woah-oh-oh
We will be Your hands and be Your feet.
Yeah, yeah

Higher than a circumstance
Your promise stands
Your love for all to see
Higher than protest line and dollar signs
Your love is all we need

Only you can mend the broken heart
And cause the blind to see
Erase complete the sinners past
And set the captives free
Only you can take the widows cry
And cause her heart to sing
Be a father to the fatherless
Our savior and our king
We will be your hands, we will be your feet
We will run this race
On the darkest place, we will be your light
We will be your light

Very different to the usual happy-clappy Hillsong stuff.

:lol:

Actually, my most recent dream was, of all things, having lunch with you and Ali! And Ali had totally restyled her hair. In my dream, it was blonde, straight, and parted down the middle.

So, yeah, now I've dreamt of people from Interference. First time that's happened. At least I know both of you in person!

:ohmy:

That's like the exact polar opposite of how my hair really is. :lol: And even when it was long, it never knew the meaning of "parting"...

What's confusing is when you have dreams about interferencers, and you have no idea what they look like IRL.

Hah, I had curry and rice, a currypuff and a sausage roll. Multicultural dinners for the epic win!

:lol:

I like to mix Italian and Mexican sometimes ...

And any Italian or Mexican dish I make invariably receives some Worcestershire sauce.

:drool:

Damn you.

Where is Glenroy? There are far too many suburbs in Melbourne called Glen-something. Or something-Waverley.

What about Glen Waverley, home to every Indian and Asian immigrant family? *shudder* I hate the place, yet my life seems to revolve around being near or in it.

Hmmmm, I think Hillsong church's direction, or at least their youth group's direction, is beginning to shift away from money... Check out these lyrics from one of their latest songs:

Very different to the usual happy-clappy Hillsong stuff.

Hmm ...

It is not a human right
To stare not fight
That we might find
The Mercy for the need

On the basis of this, I am going to assume the song is called Thank God We Invaded Iraq.

:ohmy:

That's like the exact polar opposite of how my hair really is. :lol: And even when it was long, it never knew the meaning of "parting"...

What's confusing is when you have dreams about interferencers, and you have no idea what they look like IRL.

:lol: Yeah, in the dream I made some comment about it, and you were all "yeah, every so often I just totally change my hair", as if it was as natural as buying a new shirt.

Hmm ...

It is not a human right
To stare not fight
That we might find
The Mercy for the need

On the basis of this, I am going to assume the song is called Thank God We Invaded Iraq.

:lmao:

It's called Solution actually... It's half decent. I just like the idea that they're actually going to think about doing something for justice and for those people who actually need help for once.

I still think this means you're a zombie. And that explains why you can't feel cold :p

I must admit, I don't see how it makes me a zombie ...

And right now, I'm sitting here in a t-shirt and trousers. I walked tonight from Bell Street to Albion Street, 25-30 minute walk, and the weather was very fresh and crisp, I loved it. Had my blazer on then; I need it when I go outside.

:lmao:

It's called Solution actually... It's half decent. I just like the idea that they're actually going to think about doing something for justice and for those people who actually need help for once.

Yeah, it's just a shame they think warfare is a human right. But, baby steps, I suppose. :slant:

Hah, I'm probably the worst person to ask ever. I should be going soon now, gotta be up at 7.30am later.

Well, we're asking you since you're never available ever, so if we find a time you're available, it's almost certain Ali and I will be!

And I hope both of you don't up and leave now. :(

Where's Bonnie? Passed out from the drkessn?

Yeah, it's just a shame they think warfare is a human right. But, baby steps, I suppose. :slant:

Oh come on, you know that by "fight" they mean go out and volunteer to help people. It's the standard Christian rhetoric on how all of life is a battle, etc.

Besides, the second verse is awesome:

It is not too far a cry
To much to try
To help the least of these
Politics will not decide
If we should rise
And be your hands and feet

Well, we're asking you since you're never available ever, so if we find a time you're available, it's almost certain Ali and I will be!

And I hope both of you don't up and leave now. :(

Where's Bonnie? Passed out from the drkessn?

I'd say an ideal time for me would be a Tuesday or Thursday night sometime in the next month. Yeah, that should do it.

And I hope Bonnie's ok... :(

Oh come on, you know that by "fight" they mean go out and volunteer to help people. It's the standard Christian rhetoric on how all of life is a battle, etc.

Eh, "it's not a human right/to stare not fight" seems to me to be a big slam on the human rights advocates who opposed the invasion of Iraq. Keeping in mind these were the twits who were pro-war ...

Whoah, apparently there's a guest viewing this thread. Hi! :wave: How the hell did you find this?

TWO guests viewing this thread. Shame we're not talking about boobies or anything right now. :wink:

Oh yeah, now they're totally going to be coming back. :laugh:

Eh, "it's not a human right/to stare not fight" seems to me to be a big slam on the human rights advocates who opposed the invasion of Iraq. Keeping in mind these were the twits who were pro-war ...

Could be actually, but I highly doubt that Hillsong are aware enough / clever enough to have double-layered lyrics.

Anyway, I'm off! Catch you later!

Could be actually, but I highly doubt that Hillsong are aware enough / clever enough to have double-layered lyrics.

Anyway, I'm off! Catch you later!

:lol: True. I remember some of the vapid shit my fundie friends would play for me ...

Have a good one! :wave:

Oh, you are still there, Bonnie!

I figured you'd pulled a Mizza fuck yea and passed out. :wink:

So, turns out phanan actually lives in Old England, not New England. :wink:

New York Times said:
A judge has reprimanded a British pensioner who plagued his neighbors by repeatedly playing Bruce Springteen's hit ''Born in the U.S.A.'' at high volume in the early hours.

John Norman, a 61-year-old, was on Tuesday given a three week anti-social behavior order, or ASBO, after residents living close to his home complained.

Prosecutors told a court in Mansfield in northern England that officials received more than 100 complaints. Neighbors said Norman blasted out the Springsteen hit on repeat night after night.

Norman's ASBO, a punishment designed for troublesome youths, bans him from playing loud music for three weeks. The court can also impose a further ban and he can be jailed if he doesn't comply.

+

you'd think so, but i just went to get some subway.

Wow, Subways are open that late? In Adelaide?

I'm so used to Queensland/New Zealand that the 24 hour McDonald's and Hungry Jack's outlets in Melbourne continue to surprise me. I've never even checked to see if there are any Subways open ridiculously late too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom