Brilliant, Alabama Superthread - Page 67 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #991
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
OK, I hate how raw URLs are being converted into text links.
i dunno it's kinda useful. it'll protect against rickrolling

if you turn off the advanced code can you prevent it? or ask in the IB thread if there can be a code to turn that off that you put around the url
__________________

__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #992
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 06:14 AM
you know what i love about face book as a boss-
stupid fucks that work for me have me as friend, put up their pics of themselves out on the town on a saturday nite and yet still want to take monday and tuesday off as sick days.
__________________

__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #993
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
OK, I hate how raw URLs are being converted into text links.
I only don' like it becaue sometime it ruines the surprise of what people are about to link yiu to
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #994
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Ian's pizza was better.

__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #995
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
that is more related to governrment control but you can get medicated excezma cream ear and eye drops and some pretty fucking powerful painkillers and coldn n flu tabs OTC at least.
oh yeah it's partly our government control of drugs (like everything else oh noes don't let the people have drugs punish punish jail jail)

but partly i think it's our corporate culture
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #996
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Probably a bad idea. I do enough procrastinating without extra help.

I've been trying to finish the same sewing project since OCTOBER.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Speaking of October, I've been meaning to tell youl, I finally bought it (on cssette) And I tried to listen to it on the way home from Texas, but I was not impresed in he slightes, I ejected it afte three songs :rejec:
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #997
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
My pizza is always better.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:55 AM   #998
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
that is more related to governrment control but you can get medicated excezma cream ear and eye drops and some pretty fucking powerful painkillers and coldn n flu tabs OTC at least.
We've got such bad meth problems here that you can't even get OTC cold medicine without asking the pharmacist for it, showing an ID and signing a log. And if you try to buy more than two boxes in a week or something, they call the cops. It's crazy.
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #999
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I have to support that. I always take the stairs at Uni (mainly down, because only an idiot would regularly climb 15 floors of stairs), and i get off the bus earlier and walk it a bit, as well as the walk to the bus stop in the city instead of the very quick walk to the stop just outside uni.

It all adds up.
down for a long time is harder than up, i find i get really shaky legs afterwards if i go down a lot of stairs (like these caves i went to in europe)

but for a few flights way easier.

i'm on the 3rd floor, we've got an elevator a lot of ppl take, and i almost always walk unless i'm carrying something big or really really really exhausted. plus, as the enviromental group on campus has gone to all the elevators posting signs about how much co2 they release, elevators are bad for the environment!
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #1000
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:44 AM
You need to at least show ID and can only buy a small amount of cold medicines because of meth problems.





Apparently they found NZ$30,000 of meth in a PRISON CELL in Auckland the other day, btw.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #1001
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
We've got such bad meth problems here that you can't even get OTC cold medicine without asking the pharmacist for it, showing an ID and signing a log. And if you try to buy more than two boxes in a week or something, they call the cops. It's crazy.
meth, oxy, etc

the us has some really unique drug problems too, i mean i know everywhere's got problems (see: bono's intros to bad, rtss, wire...) but it seems to me the us attitudes and laws towards drugs and alcohol are aimed to punish only and not to help solve a problem for individuals, nor to work with policies that would solve the deeper societal problem.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #1002
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Speaking of October, I've been meaning to tell youl, I finally bought it (on cssette) And I tried to listen to it on the way home from Texas, but I was not impresed in he slightes, I ejected it afte three songs :rejec:
Well if you couldn't even get through the first half, the second half has no chance. But you really should listen to With a Shout for the lulz.

JEH ROO SAH LUM
WHOA WHOA
JEH ROO SAH LUM
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #1003
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,021
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
i dunno it's kinda useful. it'll protect against rickrolling

if you turn off the advanced code can you prevent it? or ask in the IB thread if there can be a code to turn that off that you put around the url
I don't even get how rickrolling is either 1. funny or 2. much of a prank.

And I just noticed down in the options, you can turn off "autormatically retrieve titles from external links".
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #1004
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 06:14 AM
hey chass because i am stalking you i just found a pic with you and the one love grafitti ! awesome !
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #1005
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
down for a long time is harder than up, i find i get really shaky legs afterwards if i go down a lot of stairs (like these caves i went to in europe)

but for a few flights way easier.

i'm on the 3rd floor, we've got an elevator a lot of ppl take, and i almost always walk unless i'm carrying something big or really really really exhausted. plus, as the enviromental group on campus has gone to all the elevators posting signs about how much co2 they release, elevators are bad for the environment!

I'm not claustrophobic, but I'm scared of crowds, and aftr a while, as a rule, I tarted avoidin th elevator because it always seemed o be crammed full of people
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com