Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, where'd they do that?

Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. :lmao:

Between Open Car and Hatesong.

Have been listening to UF in the car lately and pondering track listings...

Wire -> Pride -> ASOH -> UF? Or is it a bit rude to drop people in Wire right off the bat like that... :lol:

Ooh, interesting, I hadn't thought of that sequence. And clearly not a bit rude, as Wire's first live performance - right here in Melbourne! - was as the setlist opener. One of only two times a UF song has ever opened a gig (MLK opened the first European show of the UF Tour).

Though probably more than me, and definitely more than our poor, lonesome Maj.!
:lol:

I currently have a couple of problems:

1. I go to a church with 7000 people, and I'm interested in the pastor's daughter,
2. She's 15
3. I'm somewhat a mentor figure to her

Now 1 and 2 aren't all that important (although 2 will be for a while yet obviously), but I don't want to compromise on 3 at all.

:hmm:

Without oversharing, it was a rather odd sort of relationship. :huh:

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion it would be relatively normal compared to the experience of certain residents of the postwhorehouse? :wink:

I currently have a couple of problems:

1. I go to a church with 7000 people, and I'm interested in the pastor's daughter,
2. She's 15
3. I'm somewhat a mentor figure to her

Now 1 and 2 aren't all that important (although 2 will be for a while yet obviously), but I don't want to compromise on 3 at all.

:hmm:

DUDE, SHE'S FIFTEEN.

Also, didn't you learn anything about pastor's daughters from the Simpsons?

Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. :lmao:

Between Open Car and Hatesong.

Ooh, interesting, I hadn't thought of that sequence. And clearly not a bit rude, as Wire's first live performance - right here in Melbourne! - was as the setlist opener. One of only two times a UF song has ever opened a gig (MLK opened the first European show of the UF Tour).

Clearly I phail at knowledge of things performed live in Melbourne. :lol:

They OPENED with MLK?! :scratch: That sounds like one for the Random Setlist Generator.

I'd go with you, but I simply don't have time at the moment, unfortunately. I know a fair few of the people in MUDS though.

I know one guy, who was quite the good debater, but I can't say I liked him too much personally. Too domineering, know-it-all, and convinced the Enlightenment shines out of his arse.

Kate was going to come with me ... shame things went to shit before we got around to that. I suspect the people I'd like to keep in touch with at tutes aren't exactly into debating either. Damn. And Fellow Albino Railfan goes to Vic Uni.

Clearly I phail at knowledge of things performed live in Melbourne. :lol:

They OPENED with MLK?! :scratch: That sounds like one for the Random Setlist Generator.

Here's the Melbourne set:

1. Fear Of A Blank Planet
2. What Happens Now?
3. The Sound Of Muzak
4. Lazarus
5. Anesthetize
6. Open Car
7. Dark Matter
8. Hatesong
9. A Smart Kid
10. Blackest Eyes
11. Way Out Of Here
12. Sleep Together

13. Trains
14. Halo

Yeah, they originally wanted to open UF shows with MLK --> UF, what with it being from the new album and all. But the roar of the crowd just drowned out Bono and they switched to 11OTT as the opener from the second European show onwards. Here's the set opened by MLK: U2 Lyon, 1984-10-18, Espace Tony Garnier, Unforgettable Fire Tour - U2 on tour

We totally need to make that random setlist generator! :laugh:

Also, Ali, U-Wen (is that the first time I've called you by your actual name?), while you're both here, we need to work out a time to do lunch/Phail band meeting. We can Phail by not having instruments or anything. :wink:

And we need to work out a final Melburnian Meet-up for U2 3D ...

DUDE, SHE'S FIFTEEN.

Also, didn't you learn anything about pastor's daughters from the Simpsons?

Well, see, I figure she's fifteen now, which is kinda :huh:, but in a few years it'll even out. YES, I am thinking that long-term.

And,

In a little while
I won't be blown by every breeze
Friday night running to Sunday on my knees
That girl, that girl she?s mine
Well I?ve known her since,
Since she was

A little girl with Spanish eyes
When I saw her first in a pram they pushed her by
Oh my, my how you've grown
Well it's been, it?s been... a little while

Also, Ali, U-Wen (is that the first time I've called you by your actual name?), while you're both here, we need to work out a time to do lunch/Phail band meeting. We can Phail by not having instruments or anything. :wink:

ZOMG IT'S MAI REAL NAME!

Also I'm sure there's somewhere in the city we can borrow a room with a drum kit, or something.

Here's the Melbourne set:

1. Fear Of A Blank Planet
2. What Happens Now?
3. The Sound Of Muzak
4. Lazarus
5. Anesthetize
6. Open Car
7. Dark Matter
8. Hatesong
9. A Smart Kid
10. Blackest Eyes
11. Way Out Of Here
12. Sleep Together

13. Trains
14. Halo

You know I'm going to forget that, and not just because I don't really know half the songs... :wink:

Well, see, I figure she's fifteen now, which is kinda :huh:, but in a few years it'll even out. YES, I am thinking that long-term.

Well, yeah, since you're only just 19 it's not that bad, but still! People change a lot 15 --> 20, bla bla bla.

major_panic said:
And my taste in music sucks

Fixed.

ZOMG IT'S MAI REAL NAME!

Also I'm sure there's somewhere in the city we can borrow a room with a drum kit, or something.

I'm just realising that I don't think I've ever even had a need to call you by anything in person, and I think online it's always been "the Maj."

I totally have snippetry ideas.

Well, yeah, since you're only just 19 it's not that bad, but still! People change a lot 15 --> 20, bla bla bla.

Fixed.

Yeah I know... But y'know, worse happens. And in some "Christian" circles, 15 is, like, way old man! :wink:

And ha, figured you'd go for the hate for that song. It's actually one of the few on ATYCLB that I like.

Oh by the way, if discussion of me and a 15-year old girl appears anywhere outside of this thread, you all die, and that's not a threat, it's a statement of truth. Also, I watched Kill Bill this afternoon, so you better take me seriously. :wink:

Extra Phail points for the whole band not being there :wink:

So far, the last session listed is Wednesday night at 9.45... other weekday sessions are 8pm, seems to be getting later and later...

I'm free any time except Saturday the 31st, and I dunno if it'll be playing then... you guys with social lives tell me where and when, and I'll be there :D

Last edited:
Yeah I know... But y'know, worse happens. And in some "Christian" circles, 15 is, like, way old man! :wink:

And ha, figured you'd go for the hate for that song. It's actually one of the few on ATYCLB that I like.

Oh by the way, if discussion of me and a 15-year old girl appears anywhere outside of this thread, you all die, and that's not a threat, it's a statement of truth. Also, I watched Kill Bill this afternoon, so you better take me seriously. :wink:

:lol: Yeah, in the Quiverful circles, you damn well have had your first and probably second kid by the age of 15! You and I must be terrible sinners in their eyes, since we haven't fathered five or six kids yet.

Since you know how to kill people with fans, I don't ever plan to get on your bad side. :laugh:

I'm just realising that I don't think I've ever even had a need to call you by anything in person, and I think online it's always been "the Maj."

Yeah, let's see how long (and bad) we can make Bad.

OHOHOHO SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

Ooh, with the Random Setlist Generator, it should be able to insert random snippets of ANY SONG EVER in random songs in the set. :yes:

I don't use iTunes if I can possibly avoid it... everything I've heard about it seems to indicate that it is the spawn of satan.
Also, I'll have to check if I actually have all of those tracks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom