Brilliant, Alabama Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #571
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
I have to disagree here. After being faced with the difficult truth of life's fragility, I feel like people and situations are fleeting. Everything is temporary. But I think love is a renewable energy source, so to speak. People die, but I think their love for us will last forever. We'll take with us memories, images, etc. and feel that love again (eventually.)

Dreams are the only thing that can remain constant for me. When my world came crashing around me, and I didn't have dreams, or a goal or sense of purpose, I just felt like I was falling in a neverending well. But my dream is really all I can cling to right now, and lately it is what gets me through the day.
Love to me is something that comes and goes, that changes, and that more than any other emotion is completely unreliable. I no longer trust it.

As for dreams, I have no dreams any more. Goals, yes, but dreams, certainly not. They are too divorced from reality for me and are never fulfilled.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #572
The Male

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
No Khan. Some things you have to deal with. I don't want them to tell me none of it is real when they don't know. It would be a useles waste of money.
Now, this post right here relates to what I was saying above. Being able to relate these feelings is an obstacle in and of itself, but being receptive toward those you're attempting to relate to is another issue entirely that needs to be dealt with before counseling is considered.

Over the passing weeks, it has become increasingly clear that you, at this point in your life, are not particularly receptive to the thoughts and opinions of others. And not just their opinion of your state of mind, but about nearly any other subject imaginable. If you want to take a shot at counseling, you need to confront yourself on this matter first because, yes, from a practical point of view, it would be a waste otherwise.

Now.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #573
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Not remotely. It boils down to that i believe there is no point wasting - for want of a better term - the present on the premise of the afterlife, which, touch wood, is some time off.
I agree with this. The present is all we definitively have. If an afterlife exists, it is lost in the mist of the future. Let's enjoy what we know we've got.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
They are going to tell me I'm lying and that I need medication when I have accepted this. I don't want to be locked up or overmedicated.
Any psychiatrist worth your time and money and their profession would not tell you that you are lying. You might need medication, and it can help you - simply taking something for depression does not mean you are overmedicated!!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #575
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
Any psychiatrist worth your time and money and their profession would not tell you that you are lying. You might need medication, and it can help you - simply taking something for depression does not mean you are overmedicated!!
I take medication for depression but it doesn't work at all even after trying just about every one out there. I pretend it works so I don't have to go through drug after drug again. No medicine works and I doubt any ever will. I have to battle through these things alone. I know who and what I am. I don't want someone who doesn't know question that.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

alright everyone, i'm gonna go read. g'nite all!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #577
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I agree with this. The present is all we definitively have. If an afterlife exists, it is lost in the mist of the future. Let's enjoy what we know we've got.
I wrote out an incredibly long piece on this issue in FYM about 6 weeks ago. Care to read?

Now.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #578
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
alright everyone, i'm gonna go read. g'nite all!
Night, Mia!

Now.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I wrote out an incredibly long piece on this issue in FYM about 6 weeks ago. Care to read?
i will, but at some point i've gotta get off the internetz tonight too
Old 05-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #580
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Sure.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #581
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I take medication for depression but it doesn't work at all even after trying just about every one out there. I pretend it works so I don't have to go through drug after drug again. No medicine works and I doubt any ever will. I have to battle through these things alone. I know who and what I am. I don't want someone who doesn't know question that.
Hmm. To get medication you need to see a psychiatrist, right? Did you actually open up to them and talk to them?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #582
Vocal parasite

Goodnight, Mia!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #583
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Hmm. To get medication you need to see a psychiatrist, right? Did you actually open up to them and talk to them?
We just work on my social anxiety. We never talk about deeper things.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #584
Blue Crack Addict

Bye Mia.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:00 AM   #585
The Male

Quote:
i will, but at some point i've gotta get off the internetz tonight too
It is getting pretty late, huh. Surprised Mia stuck it out that long.

http://forum.interference.com/showpo...&postcount=291

Now.

Tags
superthread