Brilliant, Alabama Superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #556
The Male

Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
That is your belief and I respect that. I think you underestimate the universe. Things like love and dreams last forever.
As you all well know by now, I believe there is an afterlife but, like Vazza, I'm skeptical of it existing without some sort of supernatural being there to govern it. I also believe that an afterlife would serve a greater purpose; not just to float around for the hell of it.

Now.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:27 AM   #557
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
That is your belief and I respect that. I think you underestimate the universe. Things like love and dreams last forever.
Dreams are fleeting. Love is an all-too-subjective emotion.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:28 AM   #558
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Like I said I don't think a psychiatrist would help. I have to live with these things. I accepted that a long time ago.
no you don't. no one deserves such a burden and stress to have all their lives. i can understand not wanting to talk to a professional, but i suggest you at least speak with your family about your feelings. many times. or if not them, just someone you know you can trust.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
Like I said I don't think a psychiatrist would help. I have to live with these things. I accepted that a long time ago.
But psychiatrists are trained to make that decision, you are not. I don't think you should rule it out.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #560
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But this isn't true! I know it's really hard to admit you need help, it took me two years to actually see someone (well I saw a different guy once and it was awful, partly i think the psychiatrist was no good and partly i just didn't want to have to need it). But if you give it a try I think things can be better and you can be happy and fulfilled in this life and not feel so isolated. I think honestly you've got a dopamine problem which can be treated with medication as well as with counseling. How can it hurt to try it out?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #561
The Male

Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
But psychiatrists are trained to make that decision, you are not. I don't think you should rule it out.
This is true, but let's face it, if he can't relate his feelings to them in a way that they can analyze, it rather defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Now.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:31 AM   #562
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Not remotely. It boils down to that i believe there is no point wasting - for want of a better term - the present on the premise of the afterlife, which, touch wood, is some time off.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #563
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
What, and how can it exist without god? How does this relate to the intense loneliness you felt near death/
There wasn't a God there was simply us. I can't explain it. That was just what I saw and felt.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #564
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Dreams are fleeting. Love is an all-too-subjective emotion.
I have to disagree here. After being faced with the difficult truth of life's fragility, I feel like people and situations are fleeting. Everything is temporary. But I think love is a renewable energy source, so to speak. People die, but I think their love for us will last forever. We'll take with us memories, images, etc. and feel that love again (eventually.)

Dreams are the only thing that can remain constant for me. When my world came crashing around me, and I didn't have dreams, or a goal or sense of purpose, I just felt like I was falling in a neverending well. But my dream is really all I can cling to right now, and lately it is what gets me through the day.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:04 PM
Back in about 15-20 minutes. Home made pizza time.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:36 AM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
This is true, but let's face it, if he can't relate his feelings to them in a way that they can analyze, it rather defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
I think they are trained to deal with people who have trouble relating their feelings
Old 05-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #567
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
I think they are trained to deal with people who have trouble relating their feelings
Yeah, I'd say most people who go to psychiatrists are probably people incapable or unwilling to express and relate their feelings, and the psychiatrist's job is to use techniques to overcome this.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:40 AM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
no you don't. no one deserves such a burden and stress to have all their lives. i can understand not wanting to talk to a professional, but i suggest you at least speak with your family about your feelings. many times. or if not them, just someone you know you can trust.
No Khan. Some things you have to deal with. I don't want them to tell me none of it is real when they don't know. It would be a useles waste of money.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
No Khan. Some things you have to deal with. I don't want them to tell me none of it is real when they don't know. It would be a useles waste of money.
Maybe you should tell one of them this and find one who is willing to work within this limit to see you.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Maybe you should tell one of them this and find one who is willing to work within this limit to see you.
They are going to tell me I'm lying and that I need medication when I have accepted this. I don't want to be locked up or overmedicated.

Tags
superthread