Brilliant, Alabama Superthread - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #541
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
Screwtape, thank you for sharing this, and I am trying to understand this/you.

I just don't get what you are alluding to with "something no one should until death" given that you are an atheist, like me.
I don't believe in a God but I do know there is something after death. Something wonderful.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:10 AM   #542
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
What's after death.
Sorry to press this, but again, because you say like me you're an atheist, and I don't think atheists think there is anything after death.... so what did you see? I am really curious.

And did you have a near-death experience or something? How did this happen.

Sorry if I'm pushing you, obviously you don't have to answer anything, but I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:12 AM   #543
Blue Crack Addict

Hey Screwtape, when did this happen and when did you start feeling this way? How long have you been dealing with this?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:15 AM   #544
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Sorry to press this, but again, because you say like me you're an atheist, and I don't think atheists think there is anything after death.... so what did you see? I am really curious.

Sorry if I'm pushing you, obviously you don't have to answer anything, but I am trying to understand where you are coming from.
That's okay. I almost drowned in a pool. I could feel death wrapping itself around me but I wasn't alone. You can imagine how lonely death feels like. That's actually one of the reasons why I want people to know they are loved like the librarian because no one should feel that lonely. Well, then I was ripped away from death. A few hours later when I went near the pool I looked up at the sky and there it was. There wasn't God there was us.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #545
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hey Screwtape, when did this happen and when did you start feeling this way? How long have you been dealing with this?
I was three at the time. I've dealt with all of this since then.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:19 AM   #546
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:

Yeah, I'll join the baffled atheists club here. There's nothing after death. It's very simple really. You die and that's that. I've enjoyed life a lot more ever since I came to that realisation.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:20 AM   #547
Blue Crack Addict

Screwtape do you think you have something related to PTSD? I have had PTSD and it really helps to see a psychiatrist and open up to them and let them help you.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:21 AM   #548
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't believe in a God but I do know there is something after death. Something wonderful.
What, and how can it exist without god? How does this relate to the intense loneliness you felt near death/
Old 05-24-2008, 02:23 AM   #549
The Male

Local Time: 06:09 PM
I am incredibly intrigued by this conversation. But I must say, I don't remember a damn thing from when I was three, save a minute here or there that really wasn't of much significance.

Now.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #550
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, I'll join the baffled atheists club here. There's nothing after death. It's very simple really. You die and that's that. I've enjoyed life a lot more ever since I came to that realisation.
That is your belief and I respect that. I think you underestimate the universe. Things like love and dreams last forever.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #551
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:09 PM
yeah, ptsd sucks. i had it as well a few years ago. i still have it a little, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. i never sought therapy for it but i did open up to friends and family and tell them how i was feeling. i couldn't have gone on living the way i was living, with all that stress and such.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:25 AM   #552
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Screwtape do you think you have something related to PTSD? I have had PTSD and it really helps to see a psychiatrist and open up to them and let them help you.
As someone who is still experiencing PTSD and is getting regular counseling myself, I have to agree with this.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:25 AM   #553
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
That is your belief and I respect that. I think you underestimate the universe. Things like love and dreams last forever.
i'm catholic and i'm not even sure if i think love and dreams last forever
Old 05-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #554
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Like I said I don't think a psychiatrist would help. I have to live with these things. I accepted that a long time ago.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #555
Blue Crack Addict

Screwtape, I have absolutely no psychological training, but from some things you've said, it sounds like you have some sort of mood depression that prevents you from enjoying life/relating to people, maybe related to this great thing after death that you refer to. Do you get pleasure from everyday things like good food or social interaction? You seem to certainly get pleasure from music. Anyway, I think it's really treatable if you see a psychiatrist, both through therapy and medication.

Tags
superthread