Brilliant, Alabama Superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2008, 01:50 AM   #526
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
how do you guys all know each other - aka did you meet off forum?

and tell the proposal story, I go gaga for a good proposal story

< is actually a romantic, don't tell dalton
i'm not supposed to tell but dalton has a soft spot too

we did meet off the forum actually. we had chat for awhile, and then i told her i was going to the hawaii show (completely out of the blue decision.) and she said she was happy for me, and really wanted to go. of course, i said YOU SHOULD! so she went. so did a friend of mine from college. and we also met pattip2000. my college friend and i were the only ones who knew each other before hand. patti and shannon hadn't met any of us, but we all stayed in a condo together on waikiki. we've been pretty tight ever since. it's amazing how complete strangers can just bond like that.

i think on another occasion cari (cruzilla) and patti drove up to shannon's and hung out for a weekend. then at some point shannon and cari drove down to VA and that's when i met cari.

when i was living in VA i met up with a lot of the east coasters pretty frequently, actually. they're a really cool bunch.

as for the proposal, shannon had just had a nightmare of a summer. her father had passed away. she and mike had been dating for 7 years on and off i think. then, one weekend he was over, they were at the beach taking a walk. he got down on one knee and asked her, right there on the shore. she's so funny bc she suspected he would propose to her that weekend, so she got a manicure for all her pictures.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:51 AM   #527
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I can only hope.
just for you, i'll be sure someone videotapes it

Old 05-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
eww, that sucks. with my track record, i don't think i'll ever have to worry about planning a wedding, but i'll keep that in mind about david's bridal sucking balls. a friend of mine is using them, but i'm not in her wedding. plus, her bridesmaids' dresses are....fugly

it seems like it. i don't know her too well, but they seem like a cute couple and they obviously love each other a lot.

yeah...i lucked out and didn't have to wear a hideous dress. actually, i think i've been lucky in all the weddings i've been to so far. :knocksonwood:
Old 05-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
I'd much rather have frayed jeans, than constantly fight to find long enough jeans that don't leave my ankles showing for that ultimate look
but then you get to wear cool socks!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:56 AM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I am going to try to explain some things. This is what you all wanted to know. It will still be pretty vague though. I’m sorry for that. I've never told anyone this.

I’m not like everyone else because when I was little something happened. I saw something no one should until death. It changed me. I have never been the same since. It changed the way I saw things, the way feel things. It opened my eyes to the world and its people. No one sees the things I see. It has left me fearless of death but I can’t find anything worth living for. I have a special purpose on this Earth. It isolates me and makes me carry a great weight of others. I know this is all very vague and strange sounding but it is the best that I can explain.

There is something else. I carry with me a unique darkness. There is something else in this body with me. It is something evil. It speaks to me in my dreams. It fills my head with terrible thoughts. That’s why I can never lose control because it could get out. You can’t imagine a thing this terrible.

So there is a taste of me. I know I sound even crazy than before. I bet some of you are even scared of me now. You wanted to know so there it is.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #531
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
i'm not supposed to tell but dalton has a soft spot too

we did meet off the forum actually. we had chat for awhile, and then i told her i was going to the hawaii show (completely out of the blue decision.) and she said she was happy for me, and really wanted to go. of course, i said YOU SHOULD! so she went. so did a friend of mine from college. and we also met pattip2000. my college friend and i were the only ones who knew each other before hand. patti and shannon hadn't met any of us, but we all stayed in a condo together on waikiki. we've been pretty tight ever since. it's amazing how complete strangers can just bond like that.

i think on another occasion cari (cruzilla) and patti drove up to shannon's and hung out for a weekend. then at some point shannon and cari drove down to VA and that's when i met cari.

when i was living in VA i met up with a lot of the east coasters pretty frequently, actually. they're a really cool bunch.

as for the proposal, shannon had just had a nightmare of a summer. her father had passed away. she and mike had been dating for 7 years on and off i think. then, one weekend he was over, they were at the beach taking a walk. he got down on one knee and asked her, right there on the shore. she's so funny bc she suspected he would propose to her that weekend, so she got a manicure for all her pictures.
cool!

and about the manicure
Old 05-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #532
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I am going to try to explain some things. This is what you all wanted to know. It will still be pretty vague though. Im sorry for that. I've never told anyone this.

Im not like everyone else because when I was little something happened. I saw something no one should until death. It changed me. I have never been the same since. It changed the way I saw things, the way feel things. It opened my eyes to the world and its people. No one sees the things I see. It has left me fearless of death but I cant find anything worth living for. I have a special purpose on this Earth. It isolates me and makes me carry a great weight of others. I know this is all very vague and strange sounding but it is the best that I can explain.

There is something else. I carry with me a unique darkness. There is something else in this body with me. It is something evil. It speaks to me in my dreams. It fills my head with terrible thoughts. Thats why I can never lose control because it could get out. You cant imagine a thing this terrible.

So there is a taste of me. I know I sound even crazy than before. I bet some of you are even scared of me now. You wanted to know so there it is.
what did you see?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:01 AM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I am going to try to explain some things. This is what you all wanted to know. It will still be pretty vague though. Im sorry for that. I've never told anyone this.

Im not like everyone else because when I was little something happened. I saw something no one should until death. It changed me. I have never been the same since. It changed the way I saw things, the way feel things. It opened my eyes to the world and its people. No one sees the things I see. It has left me fearless of death but I cant find anything worth living for. I have a special purpose on this Earth. It isolates me and makes me carry a great weight of others. I know this is all very vague and strange sounding but it is the best that I can explain.

There is something else. I carry with me a unique darkness. There is something else in this body with me. It is something evil. It speaks to me in my dreams. It fills my head with terrible thoughts. Thats why I can never lose control because it could get out. You cant imagine a thing this terrible.

Screwtape, thank you for sharing this, and I am trying to understand this/you.

I just don't get what you are alluding to with "something no one should until death" given that you are an atheist, like me.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:02 AM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:57 AM
That must have taken a lot of courage to share Screwtape...thanks for trusting in us enough....
Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Thanks for sharing, Screwtape. I know that wasn't easy.
Whatever your special purpose is, I hope you get to realize your dreams and achieve your goals. Just know that we are all human beings. We seek connection and reach out to others. Just as we are responsive to you, I think if you have people a chance you can find you can have a decent conversation with them without having to get into who is right and who is wrong. We're all just here looking for, or following a purpose.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:07 AM   #536
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:57 AM
I'm back.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:07 AM   #537
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm back.
damn...has it really been 40 minutes?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 AM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
what did you see?
What's after death.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 AM   #539
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Alright, I'm calling it a night.

Ax, running diary tomorrow?
For sure. Look out for lulz tomorrow, people.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 AM   #540
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:57 AM
Wb Ax.

Tags
superthread