Brilliant, Alabama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that annoy me:

1) People calling my phone and asking, in pidgin english why i have their phone, until they tell me the number they're calling and i tell them they've added a digit when they called my phone
2) Going downstairs, flicking on the lights to see something and having the fuse blow. And having the little fuse panel in the darkest part of the house.

I'd bet Interland members watching us, but logged out so we don't call them on it.

sicy said in IB that the guests are often bots, google indexing our thread so when you search "vazza u2" superthreads pop up (hehe i'm a loser) (actually i was making the name for this swiss facebook thing and i wanted vazza, but i kinda wanted u2, but i realized if i did u2vazza or something people could find me here and i didn't want that!).

and if you wanna be a secret interlander, just go on invisible, you show up as a member but not on the list.

:hi5: baseball! i had a vague fantasy of working for the red sox, maybe with stats :nerd: but i ultimately can't pull myself away from something political/nonprofit/development/"helping people"....

one of my friends from high school who i'm tight with over the red sox is pursuing sports pr so she can work for the team some day.

For a short time I considererd sports broadcasing, but I could give up editing. I wanna have to do that quick work of setting up replays and stuff. that seems like the mot xciting idea ever

Things that annoy me:

1) People calling my phone and asking, in pidgin english why i have their phone, until they tell me the number they're calling and i tell them they've added a digit when they called my phone
2) Going downstairs, flicking on the lights to see something and having the fuse blow. And having the little fuse panel in the darkest part of the house.

1) that happens on occasion, i think it's funny if it's brief but if they call back :grumpy:

2) flashlight? (or do you folks call them torches)

aloe is a fucking wonder drug. get the gel with no additives if you can, or better yet a few plants and take it from the source (but the gel is easier to spread on your body, plants are good for a small patch that's a problem).

It's in a moisturiser form. It's bloody good for what i used it for, i'll have to try it out after my next bus trip.

God, my lips get it awfully. I've been meaning to get some more balm because the stuff i use if propping up one of my laptops and burns like a mofo when it goes on.

Go to the chemist and see what they recommend. The stuff I got on the Gold Coast is FUCKING AMAZING, works almost immediately.

Best stuff for dry lips:

carmexfh8.jpg

For a short time I considererd sports broadcasing, but I could give up editing. I wanna have to do that quick work of setting up replays and stuff. that seems like the mot xciting idea ever

that would be such a rush

i actually would thrive in a job like that, aka one where you're always on and can't possibly procrastinate and it's addrenalin producing.

anyway NSW is a sports TV executive, you should really talk to him if you're interested. he's in the midwest, too....

Best stuff for dry lips:

carmexfh8.jpg

i really need some of that...apparently it treats other things too...like (overshare?) i have a bit of moluscum which is like pimples that don't go away for months and months, caused by a fungus i think, it's fucking annoying. they're not visible with clothes, but arggg go away already!

that would be such a rush

i actually would thrive in a job like that, aka one where you're always on and can't possibly procrastinate and it's addrenalin producing.

anyway NSW is a sports TV executive, you should really talk to him if you're interested. he's in the midwest, too....

Exactly, can you imagine that rush?

I've talked to NSW about it briefly, I was super excited to hear that someone I "Knew" was so close and in the same field

1. My problem is I only seriusly break ou when the seasons change, and ha's such a long time gap aht I forget I even HAVE eczema, let alone meds :lol:

2. I guess it's good to know it could be worse :lol:

3. What bother me is I always feel like i'm on the verge of loing weight, that i know I could do it if I would jus put my mind to it, byt I can't seem to get my mind to it.

1. hahaha. i def. have way more trouble in the winter. but i find that lotion year round in a routine is nondisruptive, it's just a few seconds, and added bonus your skin is waaaaay softer. my favorite compliment in the world because of my struggle with eczema is when a guy says my skin is nice/soft/etc. makes me feel really feminine and like i won the battle

3. exercise maeks the difference, can't do it with diet. see if you can build it in, i finally lost my freshman 15 (literally) when i was in europe junior fall because i was walking a lot more (i could take the tram to class 12-15 minutes ore have a great scenic walk in 25-30), climbing stairs instead of elevators, and all the touristing was TONS of epxloring places on foot, climbing steps of towers, hiking caves and mountains... so if you do stairs more, walk instead of taking the bus 5 stops (when you have time), etc.

They called and hung up on me a few minutes earlier. I wasn't bothered by it then.

And i went back upstairs and got my phone to light the way until i got to some lights that did work.

i use my phone like that all the time, they are so mulitpurpose

i also lose other shit and wish that i could call it like i do when my phone is missing!

Jesus, but you swear by this suff don't you.

CHASS! THIS IS YOUR CONCIENCE SPEAKING. GET FACEBOOK . THAT IS ALL
Carmex is the world's second greatest invention.

The condom was clearly the first.

And my deep reasoning for not having Facebook (or Myspace) is that I really don't want people that I used to know in real life contacting me online. My past is my past and I want to leave it in the past. I was a different person then, and the last thing I want is some random person I haven't talked to in five years randomly finding my Facebook and trying to add me.

Even if I used a false name, they'd find me. Because I'd inevitably get friended by my sister, and some of them have her friended, and it's just a stalkery cycle :uhoh:

3. exercise maeks the difference, can't do it with diet. see if you can build it in, i finally lost my freshman 15 (literally) when i was in europe junior fall because i was walking a lot more (i could take the tram to class 12-15 minutes ore have a great scenic walk in 25-30), climbing stairs instead of elevators, and all the touristing was TONS of epxloring places on foot, climbing steps of towers, hiking caves and mountains... so if you do stairs more, walk instead of taking the bus 5 stops (when you have time), etc.

Yeah, I really did try to start taking the stairs at all times toward he end of he semester (I lived on he 4th floor).

I'm buying a new pair of inline skates w/ my next paycheck. I love skating, so hopeflly I can get some exercise there. specially exploring the new city/neighborhood

Chass is right in not getting on Facebook. :up:

Stupid website.

it's soooo sketchy too about info security. i don't feel safe/private at all. i quit for a while, took all the ifno off my profile. but in my circle it's really useful for sharing pics (i sitll refuse to upload my own but i enjoy friends') and after graduation i feel like it'll be essential for keeping in touch which is hwy i got back with it. i wish there were a better option (the old fashioned way....nah too inconvenient!)

chemists...europe+ aussies have them, such a better concept than the wya our pharmacies work IMO

"Pharmacy" and "chemist" are synonymous here. Check out my local chemist, to the left of the tram:

s640x480

In case you can't read it, it says "ALBION PHARMACY" below "CHEMIST".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom