Bright Eyes' Four Winds EP is amazing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
It really is.

"Four Winds" is easily the best song he's ever recorded.

And if the other 5 songs on here are merely b-side materal, I can't fricken wait to hear Cassadega. This album's gonna be brilliant. :drool:

Lancemc said:
It really is.

"Four Winds" is easily the best song he's ever recorded.

And if the other 5 songs on here are merely b-side materal, I can't fricken wait to hear Cassadega. This album's gonna be brilliant. :drool:

yes it is

four winds :drool:

tourist trap :drool:

Tourist Trap is :drool: indeed. If the entire album can maintain or even surpass the the quality of this EP. Well...man. I don't know what. But that's something good alright.

And the plane was going to crash
And all these people were going to die
And the old lady held hands with her da---

STFU CONOR

gaypq9.gif

Canadiens1160 said:

STFU CONOR

gaypq9.gif

ILU

Yeah, it's tasty. Love the guitar in Stray Dog Freedom, too.

JUGA-TOURED

Seems the four winds have really picked up, and they're about to blow Conor Oberst and his merry warble all over the continent this spring. Following up their current tease of a tour in support of the Four Winds EP (out today on Saddle Creek), Bright Eyes are ready to put out for fans across North America.

The enormous trek-- which culminates with an insane seven nights at NYC's Town Hall-- has Conor and new core bandmates Mike Mogis and Nate Wolcott visiting larger venues and numerous cities skipped over on the present jaunt, all to preach the good word of Cassadaga, out April 10 on Def Jam. Just kidding.

In case you've been living under a rock and/or don't care, Conor's sporting some lovely locks these days. Get there early and maybe you can run your fingers through his hair when he stoops down to pick up his beer. Um, I mean, give him a hearty, manly high-five. Right.

Bright Eyes:

03-07 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey *
03-08 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey *
03-09 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall *
03-10 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall *
03-11 Seattle, WA - Showbox
03-16 London, England - Koko
03-18 Oxford, England - Brookes University Student Union
03-22 Oslo, Norway - Cosmopolite
03-24 Stockholm, Sweden - Debaser
03-26 Berlin, Germany - Columbia Club
03-27 Cologne, Germany - Gloria
03-30 Paris, France - Cafe de la Danse
03-31 Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Melkweg
04-22 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre
04-23 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
04-24 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
04-25 Minneapolis, MN - State Theatre
04-26 Omaha, NE - Holland Performing Arts Center
04-28 Denver, CO - Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
04-29 Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall
05-01 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre
05-02 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
05-04 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
05-05 Santa Barbara, CA - Arlington Theatre
05-06 Los Angeles, CA - Walt Disney Concert Hall
05-08 San Diego, CA - SOMA
05-09 Tempe, AZ - Mesa Amphitheatre
05-11 Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
05-12 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
05-13 Austin, TX - Bass Concert Hall
05-14 New Orleans, LA - Republic
05-16 Tampa, FL - Tampa Theatre
05-17 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
05-18 Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre
05-19 Nashville, TN - Ryman Audiotorium
05-20 Columbus, OH - Wexner Center for the Arts
05-21 Detroit, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
05-22 Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall
05-24 Boston, MA - Wang Center for the Performing Arts
05-25 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-26 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-28 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-29 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-30 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-31 New York, NY - Town Hall
06-01 New York, NY - Town Hall

I reckon May 13 on campus sounds pretty money.

Wow, I know a really, really big Bright Eyes fans who'd love to see him. And it's the day after her birthday, so this is perfect.

Well, I saw Bright Eyes at the 9:30 club last night. EXCELLENT show. The new songs were definitely the highlight of the performance. I have a strong feeling the new album is going to be his finest yet.

I must say though the crowd was seriously the worst I've ever been in. The typical Bright Eyes fan is a fucking emo douche-bag, if this show was anything to go by. Dozens of people shouting stupid shit between EVERY song, requesting stupid shit, talking about stupid shit during songs. God damn, these people were awful. You could really tell he hates some of his fans too just by the way he reacts to all the annoying comments. You can tell from his body language that he really doesn't enjoy that particular aspect of performing. I'm not saying ALL the people were like that, but as a whole, that was a terrible audience. And to be perfectly honest, it is a serious factor in me possibly NOT going to another Bright Eyes concert again. :shrug: Which is a real shame.

I went to college in a middle-of-nowhere-redwood-forest-hippie-stuck-in-the70s-town... and Bright Eyes randomly made an appearance there, probably the only time I was grateful to be in a hippie town. No emos, and there was hardly a crowd in a small auditorium, I was right up front, my elbows were on the stage, Conor even asked me to help him untangle his mike wires. It was fucking incredible, I have my autographed I'm Wide Awake vinyl up on the wall!

I see he's coming to San Diego..and I'm having doubts if it's worth going and standing shoulder to shoulder with a lame crowd. I have yet to be lucky to see Ryan Adams live but I always hear the worst things about his crowds...and him walking out.

It doesn't make sense to spend money on a ticket to go and heckle the performer.

:angry:

Canadiens1160 said:

STFU CONOR

gaypq9.gif

Yeah, this post is from February 17th...but I don't care...I'm sorry I missed it.

Dude, if you don't like Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst...don't post here. Or you could at least post, in a civil way, why you don't like Bright Eyes. I see that the name of that image is "gaypq9.gif", so I guess you are implying, with negative connotations, that Conor Oberst is gay. Totally rude and uncalled for.

Anyway...on topic...

I love Bright Eyes. I'm behind though. I haven't gotten Motion Sickness or Noise Floor yet even. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom