Bright Eyes - Cassadaga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
One of my most anticipated albums of the year has finally leaked, although OiNK is taking 4-EVA. One seeder + 1000 leechers = no good torrenting for anyone.

Anyway, I'm really excited about hearing the entire record tonight if the damn thing ever downloads. If and when that works out, I'll be happy to put up a link for anyone who would like to hear it.

Catch Bright Eyes this spring/summer on tour:

03-07 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey *
03-08 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey *
03-09 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall *
03-10 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall *
03-11 Seattle, WA - Showbox
03-16 London, England - Koko
03-18 Oxford, England - Brookes University Student Union
03-22 Oslo, Norway - Cosmopolite
03-24 Stockholm, Sweden - Debaser
03-26 Berlin, Germany - Columbia Club
03-27 Cologne, Germany - Gloria
03-30 Paris, France - Cafe de la Danse
03-31 Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Melkweg
04-22 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre
04-23 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
04-24 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
04-25 Minneapolis, MN - State Theatre
04-26 Omaha, NE - Holland Performing Arts Center
04-28 Denver, CO - Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
04-29 Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall
05-01 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre
05-02 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
05-04 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
05-05 Santa Barbara, CA - Arlington Theatre
05-06 Los Angeles, CA - Walt Disney Concert Hall
05-08 San Diego, CA - SOMA
05-09 Tempe, AZ - Mesa Amphitheatre
05-11 Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
05-12 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
05-13 Austin, TX - Bass Concert Hall
05-14 New Orleans, LA - Republic
05-16 Tampa, FL - Tampa Theatre
05-17 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
05-18 Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre
05-19 Nashville, TN - Ryman Audiotorium
05-20 Columbus, OH - Wexner Center for the Arts
05-21 Detroit, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
05-22 Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall
05-24 Boston, MA - Wang Center for the Performing Arts
05-25 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-26 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-28 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-29 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-30 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-31 New York, NY - Town Hall
06-01 New York, NY - Town Hall

I'll be at the Austin show on May 13.

I've been dying to hear this record. Thank god it finally leaked. I'd be weary about going to a concert though. I went to the DC show a couple weaks ago, and while the actual performance was awesome, it was seriously the WORST crowd I've ever been in. Almost 90% bitchy emo kid who annoy the piss out of me. :mad:Nearly ruined the whole experience.

Lancemc said:
Almost 90% bitchy emo kid who annoy the piss out of me

It was the same way at the Bright Eyes show I went to in 05. I guess it sort of comes with the territory. It bothers me and lord knows it bothers Conor, but what are you gonna do? I still really enjoyed the show. I wonder how many of those kids are there for the whole scene aspect of it?

Anyway, the kid who got his pre-ordered copy in the mail today decided to turn his computer off while he was the only seed for the torrent. Brilliant. I've been stuck on 31.4 percent for hours now. It's legit though, a few songs finished downloading and I listened to them a bit. Make A Plan To Love me seems quite nice. Unfortunately, when the torrent is in the process of being downloaded, you can only hear bits and pieces of the completed songs. As such, I decided I'll wait it out to hear the album in full rather than picking and choosing snippets of tracks.

Not yet. The kid deleted the torrent, so no one has it still. That kind of stunts this thread too.

:mad:

Okay, it actually leaked now. Links abound, but if you don't feel like looking I can email one to anyone who asks.

I'm listening now. :drool:

Yes! I got it off of Demonoid :drool:

Craziest thing is, I don't live too far from Cassadaga, FL and its lovely Southern Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp

:|

Last edited:
I'm sure I've been through Cassadaga before, but if so I was really young. I used to live in Daytona, which is probably a half hour away give or take.

If I absolutely fall in love with the album, I might have to make a pilgrimage. :wink:

Oh man, is Hot Knives supposed to sound like that? :huh:

Well, I suppose it is. The beginning sounded really grating to me. Regardless, it's a highlight so far.

I'm going to wait awhile before making such a bold declaration. IWAIM is one of my favorite albums ever. After three or four listens, though, this one is promising. I'm really enjoying it.

Hot damn, 'Middleman' is something special, isn't it? I don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it. That mix of almost tribal drum beats (did I hear a djembe in there?) behind the folky framework of the guitar and that fiddle part. :love:

Ok I have given this a few listens and Im not liking it more then IWAIM, but it's still pretty good. I loved the opening track(the mixing in particular), middle man, no one would riot for less, and few others I cant think of.

Lance, I sent it to you.

Edit: It's a dead link. I'll try to find you another one.

:|

Well, you know I appreciate your efforts. I just found a link on atease that works and I was about 5 minutes away from posting on here to forget the email.

But thanks. :happy:

I'd love to, but I'm not a Power+ member yet. You have to have a ratio better than 1.05 (which I have) and at least 10 gigs uploaded (which I don't). It's really hard to seed on the site. I uploaded Pop and an Eisley EP lossless to try to get my ratio up, and it's worked a bit so far. Remind me again in like a month and we'll see if I'm able to send invites then.

Sorry, man.

Alright, on a second listening, this is actually a stronger album than I originally felt. Not sure if it's gonna become my all-time fav though yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. There's a ton to like about these songs.

Edit: "Make A Plan To Love Me" could be an Abattoir Blues - era Nick Cave song. :drool:

Last edited:
Clairaudients
Four Winds
If The Brakeman Turns My Way
Middleman
Cleanse Song
No One Would Riot For Less
I Must Belong Somewhere
Lime Tree

:drool: Loves it.

I was thinking "Wow, I cannot believe Tourist Trap was just a b-side" before this came out. After listening to this, I understand why it was.

'07 keeps getting better and better :up:

Back
Top Bottom