Bright Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Some of my friends are absolutely in love with the guy, and I gotta admit he makes some great music.

I hate that Conor Oberst has the EMO label on his back, when most of these songs are developed, intelligent, and engaging.

Land Locked Blues is in the Pantheon of Awesome, Section Art.

Who else wants to join on my Bright Eyes / Conor Oberst droolfest? :drool:

I also hate the emo tag because that's often an instant turn off to people. Bright Eyes is amazing. :love: I'd love to see a concert someday. :drool:

Favorite songs:

A Perfect Sonnet
Saturday As Usual
Lua
No Lies, Just Love
Burn Rubber
It's Cool, We Can Still Be Friends
Loose Leaves
Lover I Don't Have To Love
Something Vague
An Attempt To Tip The Scales
Another Travelin' Song
Padraic My Prince
Road To Joy
Take It Easy (Love Nothing)
The Calendar Hung Itself
Down A Rabbit Hole
Easy/Lucky/Free
Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh

I haven't bought Motion Sickness. :reject: I want it so badly. :drool:

I have been listening to three albums my friend lent me. The first one I listened to was completely acoustic, and I loved it. Man, what a great album. I listened to it twice through driving to and from work this week.

Then I browsed through two others. One was Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, and the other one I don't remember. All I do know is that I didn't like them. Really hated them in fact. The all-acoustic stuff was so good! The rest...:|

I love 'Lifted', I think it's a stellar album. Haven't been able to get into 'I'm Wide Awake It's Morning' all that much yet, though I do like it.

Bowl of Oranges is the song that got me into them, and I'm ever so angry no one has mentioned it yet! :wink:

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

crappy camera :angry:

though to my surprise Conor actually signed my I'm Wide Awake vinyl cover

LemonMacPhisto said:

I hate that Conor Oberst has the EMO label on his back, when most of these songs are developed, intelligent, and engaging.

It is unfortunate, because when you say "emo" people think Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, etc... whiney pop-punk-ish bands. Bright Eyes isn't like that at all. Conor is a brilliant songwriter. Lifted is one of my favourite albums ever.

Joining in the Bright Eyes lovefest :love: Even though I only have I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and Digital Ash in a Digital Urn and a few others songs from the other albums, I realize that this is a pathetic collection from such a brilliant artist and I will buy more soon :yes:

I have been known to characterize Bright Eyes as "emo" :reject: but I know Conor's so much more than the typical emo bands :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom