Bright Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
I am so in love with Bright Eyes right now! Anyone else with me? This kid is bloody amazing. He's only 24 but he's already got five or so albums. His voice takes a bit of getting used to, but it's unique and I love it. His lyrics are beautiful... he's getting compared to Bob Dylan...and he's also really good looking! What's there not to like? :p I think his best albums are "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" and "Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground." I'm really into the songs Lover I Don't Have to Love, Bowl of Oranges, and We Are Nowhere And It's Now.

Anyone else have thoughts on Bright Eyes?

I just tuned into Bright Eyes, and I really like. I'm not big on the whole folky stuff, but the lyrics are some of the best, most powerful, most emotional lyrics I've ever heard

Definitely one of my favorite bands. I own a bit of their stuff, and the latest discs are living up to the hype. Conor Oberst is one of my favorite lyricists, and while his voice isn't for everyone, it's certainly for me.

There's been quite a bit of discussion on Bright Eyes as of late, actually. It's nice to see. :up:

For any other music mag freaks like me, Conor is on the covers of Paste and Rockpile.

[ok, Bright Eyes is our Interpol of this year]

well, today I got "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning", I like it but... don't know, I need listen to it more

learn2kneel said:
Love Bright Eyes, check out desaparacido's also - its conor oberst's side project and its way faster and heavier.

Good stuff, I need to pick that album up sometime.

I still have only listened to 'I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning' once.....

The 'Lifted' album is stellar.

AtomicBono said:
I'm really into the songs Lover I Don't Have to Love

I know that song as a cover by Dutch band Bettie Serveert and I like it a lot. I might be inclined to put Bright Eyes to the Soulseek test. :D

Jack In The Box said:
[ok, Bright Eyes is our Interpol of this year]

:crack:

someome might as well disable the feature that allows you to read back a couple pages. it's not like anyone uses it.

boystupidboy said:
Bright eyes? Is he solo or is it a band?Never heard of him/them

Bright Eyes is a band, but the members are always changing...except for one constant: Conor Oberst. When people think of Bright Eyes, they think of him.

I saw Conor on the cover of a magazine called Under the Radar, but I have no clue how widely distributed that is. :hmm: Nice article, though.

I took forever getting into Bright Eyes because I hated the type of emo-freaks that worshiped him, but seeing him live on the Vote for Change tour changed my opinion. He's wonderful (and really good live). :heart:

elevatedmole said:
I saw Conor on the cover of a magazine called Under the Radar, but I have no clue how widely distributed that is. :hmm: Nice article, though.

I have it. :)

There has been Bright Eyes mania in the music mags lately. I think I'm gonna start a scrapbook like I did for Ryan Adams.

I spend more money on music mags than anything else, I bet. Rolling Stone, Blender, Spin, Q, Mojo, Uncut, No Depression, Under The Radar, Rockpile, Paste, Harp, Tracks, Filter, Magnet...

:crack: :heart:

landlocked blues! my fave song right now. war, peace, love, forgiveness, all worked out into one amazing piece of art.

if we walk away, they'll walk away:(

I thought The Arcade Fire were discussed a lot here too, the album is not out here yet but I got my copy of the album last week and now I don't see any Arcade Fire discussion /random

I had heard a few Bright Eyes tunes but it hadn't grabbed me until I heard one of thier songs on a music channel, I was interested in downloading more and giving them a chance.

Just about one of my favorite artists. Seeing him in June, got my pit tickets a few days ago.

If you haven't heard "Poison Oak", go listen to it RIGHT NOW.

Back
Top Bottom