Bridget Jones - Chubby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that it's rather sad that she's portrayed as being so fat when she looks like she's at an average weight.

I'm not "fat" but I'm not "skinny" either...I always think of myself as fat however...

The media image portrayed of what women should look like is very unrealistic IMO.

did you guys see chicago? put renee on stage next to catherine zeta jones and renee looks like a prepubescent boy.

she seriously needs to ingest some donuts.

I saw the movie last night, and I didn't think she looked bad at all :shrug: she wore a miniskirt and tights many times, and her legs looked fantastic!

Her chest was amazing too :wink:

i saw this movie last night too and i noticed that she looked fine, except in the scene where she wears the gold dress. they picked a dress that would've fit renee as she normally looks, but put it on her when she was 30 pounds heavier. every other time i thought 'wow, she looks so NORMAL."

i agree with others, i only think renee looks good with the "extra" weight (ala bridget jones). the ridiculous physical descriptions of her character in the series are a slap in the face to women of a normal, healthy weight. there's a difference between perhaps needing to tone up to look one's best and being "overweight" or "fat".

I haven't seen the new film, but in the book there's a big deal made when bridget finally manages to lose the weight she's been obsessing about, and get down to 8 stone, and all her friends ask her if she's ill and tell her she looked better before.

In the books, the point is always made taht she isn't actually fat, she just thinks she is (like a hell of a lot of women in today's society)

I don't get why the reviewers put so much emphasis on Bridget Jones' weight. :confused: She's not fat at all. I wish I could switch with her. It a shame hollywood tries to portray her as being fat. I agree with the remarks about Renee's facial features. When she talks on interviews it looks like her eyes are closed and cheeks are sucked in.

carrieluvv said:
she does have a strange face sometimes it looks like the lemon sucking thing and sometimes it looks a little bloated- i liked her in jerry mcguire- i think she looked pretty normal in that.... not normal but balanced..that weight up and down thing is confusing!

I watched the first movie and I saw the commercial/trailor for this one and I'd say she is a bit chubby. Not "fat" or "unhealthy fat", but a bit overweight.

Compare it Jerry Maguire or any other movie where she has her normal weight and you will see what I mean.

I think Hollywood, media who ever you want to blame do portray an almost impossible body type, but on the other hand I think most "average" Americans are overweight. Somewhere in between would be nice...and much healthier.

She's beautiful with the weight. She's not fat at all. Women are better with a little meat to em anyway.

She looks dreadful "normally".

three comments.

1. Bridget in the first movie (i haven't seen the second) looks healthy and normal and not in the least bit chubby.

2. One of the upsides to living here in Africa is the fact that everyone buys cloth and gets their clothes made at the tailors. All my clothes are custom-fit and if one tiny bit is too tight or too loose, I can bring it in to my tailor and he will adjust it free of charge. :D Takes a lot of shopping and body image stress off my mind.

3. Yet another upside to living in Africa? Curvy women are seen as the NORM and beautiful! My perceptions of myself have changed a lot since living here. If you have a butt, hips, and boobs, people think you're sexy, not chubby. :yes: Vive l'Afrique!

Good for Africa! I think you'd be considered beautiful wherever you lived Sula :)

Actually thinking back and being honest, at one time I was as thin as she is. Honestly I'd like to be almost that thin now, not quite. Aging sucks :wink:

U2 girl, I agree that she is chubby compared with her thin self, but I don't think she is chubby by regular people standards, which is basically what they are saying. She looks perfectly normal to me.

Back
Top Bottom