Brian Eno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gump

ONE love, blood, life
I really like the work Brian Eno has done with U2 and some other artists, particularly Bowie, so I'd like to get into his solo work.

My question is: which album do I want first?

Thanks for your comments!

You can't go wrong with Another Green World, but I might personally recommend Here Come the Warm Jets, his first solo album. You really can't go wrong with either of those two, Before and After Science, or Taking Tiger Mountain By Storm either. The dude is GOOD.

Thanks for the comments! I've just ordered Another Green World and Here Come the Warm Jets is the second on the list!

Can't wait to get the CD!

Last edited:
Another Green World is his undisputed masterpiece. one of the most important landmark albums in the past 40 years too. :up:

Honestly, it's best just to go by release date, with Eno. You start with either the first two Roxy albums or Here Come the Warm Jets, that way, and that's easily the best way to get the ball rolling.

If you manage to stick around until shit like Another Day on Earth, then you're a blind-as-hell but well-listened fan.

Here are the most important touchstones, as I see them (and, yes, I've spun his whole catalogue many times, over the years...and, yes, few of these albums are perfect--such is Eno):

Here Come the Warm Jets
No Pussyfooting
Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
Another Green World
Discreet Music
Ambient 1: Music for Airports
Apollo
After the Heat
Ambient 4: On Land
Thursday Afternoon
Wrong Way Up
77 Million Paintings

Music for Airports or Music for Films are a great choice. If you're looking to get into his catalogue of ambient stuff, I'd almost say go for Music for Films first, as you'll really get your money's worth as far as it having more music.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom