Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you're not Chass :p

And am I just super tired, or is DoctorWho making sense

Of course, being alternative only goes so far. U2 realized this and changed directions with ATYCLB. Still, when ATYCLB was released on '00, they were still alternative. Nothing in '00 sounded like ATYCLB. That was still the era of boy bands and pop girls. R&B was huge. Rock was barely noticed - yet U2 broke through. So while we look at ATYCLB as very "mainstream" and "safe", for the time it was released, it really wasn't. The same is true for HTDAAB. Right before that album was released, I recall a comment from Edge where his daughter doubted the album, stating that HTDAAB didn't sound like anything she heard on the radio. Once again, alternative. This was also true way back in 1987 when JT was released. Nothing in '87 sounded like JT. And come '92, when grunge music exploded, we have U2's AB and the ZOO TV tour succeeding brilliantly.

Colourful posted:Oh my god, I just downloaded this and it's even worse than 'in rainbows' (one of my least favorite albulms). Ign, please, please get rid of the music part of your site.

Ok you can diss Coldplay all you want, but In Rainbows is amazing. The best album of the year easily. Reckoner and Jigsaw Falling Into Place are some of the best songs I've heard in a really long time, you fool. [-] Minimize Comment

Posted by: Shart1780 on June 19, 2008 21:03 PDT
Report Abuse

Colourful posted:Oh my god, I just downloaded this and it's even worse than 'in rainbows' (one of my least favorite albulms). Ign, please, please get rid of the music part of your site.

Ok you can diss Coldplay all you want, but In Rainbows is amazing. The best album of the year easily. Reckoner and Jigsaw Falling Into Place are some of the best songs I've heard in a really long time, you fool. [-] Minimize Comment

Posted by: Shart1780 on June 19, 2008 21:03 PDT
Report Abuse

I wasn't impressed with In Rainbows, but I was able to listen to it all the way through...can't say as much for the rest of Radiohead

Screwtape isn't here still, right? Does that mean I can laugh at this quote from that lame Coldplay thread (that I am reading all of for some reason)?

"Sting is a brilliant lyricist and you are crazy if you don't realize that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom