Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to love Bittersweet Symphony and The Drugs Don't Work.

Yeah, but I don't play them much any more, mainly due to over-exposure.

You have no idea how much my mother played Bittersweet Symphony back when it was new.

Yeah, but I don't play them much any more, mainly due to over-exposure.

You have no idea how much my mother played Bittersweet Symphony back when it was new.

:lol: I can imagine. My mother loves that song too. It's a keeper, but I've always thought Ashcroft's vocal brought it down.

He's the weak link in the band, IMO.

Fucking hell, guys. We've essentially done 500 posts in 2 hours.

Vagina, Russia, watch out. You've a challenger.

Fucking hell, guys. We've essentially done 500 posts in 2 hours.

Vagina, Russia, watch out. You've a challenger.

Let's not jinx it. The thread is slowing down.

LMP may be able to help speed things up when he gets back.

:lol: I can imagine. My mother loves that song too. It's a keeper, but I've always thought Ashcroft's vocal brought it down.

He's the weak link in the band, IMO.

His solo career proves your point too.

My mother was actually the Verve fan first. She loved Bittersweet Symphony and then heard a couple of other songs on the radio and bought Urban Hymns. She isn't so keen on the heavier, more distorted tracks, but I am.

Wow I can't believe anyone likes Bittersweet Symphony other than people that only listen to Triple M and my aunt.

Well, that's the world for you, always something new.

Wow I can't believe anyone likes Bittersweet Symphony other than people that only listen to Triple M and my aunt.

Well, that's the world for you, always something new.

:laugh:

Chris Martin apparently thinks it's the best song ever or something.

Okay people, let's talk about ugly shoes.

I spotted these today in a thrift store:

whatthefugboots.jpg

Bright pink stiletto heeled ankle boots, laced up with a wide silver strap, forming a velcro closure. CLASSY.

Back.

:facepalm: I can't believe I forgot The Thing and Blade Runner.

I think specific genres are like the tide. They come into the mainstream for a little while then disappear and come back again. Sci-Fi had it's day in the sun during the late 70's and early 80's. It hasn't really come back into the main stream though. Fantasy and super hero flicks rule the box office now.

Yeah, I agree here. Although I'd stretch it from the Late '60s to the Mid '80s.

Have you seen Sunshine? Terrific modern science fiction film.

whatthefugboots.jpg

Bright pink stiletto heeled ankle boots, laced up with a wide silver strap, forming a velcro closure. CLASSY.

For those posh nights at the trailer park.

Chris Martin isn't a person.

Oh god, how about when Ali said she saw Coldplay live. How about that!

I think I actually made fun of her at the time for going to that gig. :laugh:

It's the shocking fact that just keeps on giving.

Yes.

Although i didn't think he'd kick it.

Plus side: 2 competition points we didn't expect. Bye next week = two more points, then the dead last team at Mt Smart in two weeks time.

In theory the three weeks should be worth six points.

Niiice. Though you guys get points for a BYE?

On "#9 Dream" right now, really liking the vibe of the second half. Putting a White Stripes track in the bounds of a "soundscape" could've collapsed the very fabric of Space-Time itself, but it didn't.

Back.

Yeah, I agree here. Although I'd stretch it from the Late '60s to the Mid '80s.

Have you seen Sunshine? Terrific modern science fiction film.

Have you ever seen Metropolis? It will blow your mind to see how far ahead of its time it was.

I have not seen Sunshine. I haven't seen a lot of movies from the last few years because I simply don't have the money to rent and see everything I want to.

Oooh, is it a charity gig?

Something about Whalers :huh:
Or it's an American Psycho reference that went over almost everyone's heads? No bigs.

Okay, now I'm really going.
I still haven't seen it :sad:

His solo career proves your point too.

My mother was actually the Verve fan first. She loved Bittersweet Symphony and then heard a couple of other songs on the radio and bought Urban Hymns. She isn't so keen on the heavier, more distorted tracks, but I am.

I like solo Ashcroft better then the Verve :reject:

whatthefugboots.jpg

Every classy whore needs them

Get on it Chass

I know. I've never seen the point of it myself. It just artificially spaces the competition ladder out.

I would say "I suppose it's the only way the Rabbitohs will ever get any points", but I honestly don't know who the current shittiest team in the NRL is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom