Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds a little familiar. I can only hope for you that your Greens pull together, your Nationals implode in a violent fit of self defeat, and Labour whore themselves to your minor parties to cement enough seats. Have Labour lost favour now? I thought Clarke was great, from everything I'd ever heard.

No, Clark's increasingly losing popularity - I think part of it is simply the natural cycle of politics, and once you've been in power for nine years like she has been, people will just begin to desire a change and get the "is the grass greener?" mentality. My father keeps bitching about "Comrade Helen" like the Nationals voter he is. Either way, I fear Labour is fucked, be it this election or the next. National have recovered from some dark recent years and lead the polls.

But if Labour can buy off Winston Peters/NZ First, the Greens do well, the Maori Party agree to give them supply, and Jim Anderton/Progressives stay in parliament (which they should, since Anderton holds a seat that likes him a lot), then they have a good chance of staying in there.

I think I was the one who started a thread on that in EYKIW a while back. It's supposed to be a glam rock song, so evoking '70s Bowie was only natural. If anything, it's a rip-off of T. Rex's "Children of the Revolution," which Bono even sings for the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

"You're So Great" is a cracking song, El-Mel. Sure, it may be about drug addiction, but it worked for The Lady Friend's birthday mix.

Bono snippets Children of the Revolution at the end of one Popmart version of the song.

"You're So Great" is a cracking song, El-Mel. Sure, it may be about drug addiction, but it worked for The Lady Friend's birthday mix.

Isn't it though? It's cool how beautiful and upbeat it is for something so obviously depressing.

The Tom Waits song may be a bit unnerving at first, but the segue is brilliant.

Generally mushrooms taste like nothing...

Well there's a funky after taste, but still...what is their purpose :huh:
Bulk. You slather a bunch of cheap mushrooms on there, and it leaves less room to be filled with the more expensive toppings, like pepperoni and sausage.

How expensive can mushrooms be, anyway? They're freaking fungi!

Bono snippets Children of the Revolution at the end of one Popmart version of the song.

He should be paying royalties.

Oh Tom Waits... I like you sometimes, but not now. Still worked flow-wise though, which is nice.

The only Panic in Detroit-HMTMKMKM thing that sounds similar, to me, are the chorus riffs, which are both played on the G string (lolz). Even those aren't that similar.

Definitive performance of HMTMKMKM too. 31 July 1997, Mannheim.

I can't listen to the studio version thanks to that. The guitar in Mannheim just rocks my face off and makes the studio version seem far, far too thin and weak.

He should be paying royalties.

Oh Tom Waits... I like you sometimes, but not now. Still worked flow-wise though, which is nice.

He sounds like he's choking or trying to poorly imitate Louis Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World."

Hey, El-Mel, you picked the only Neutral Milk Hotel song I don't hate. Awesome. Great segue as well. I'm really digging the transition to the more acoustic-twinged rocking songs.

I just watched Jarhead.

Twas good.

Lots of half naked muscly guys. :drool:

I didn't care for that movie much at all...it felt really pretentious, and I was upset that i didn't like it too since Sam Mendes did it, and he also made American Beauty :)drool: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom