Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The segue into the Queens of the Motherfucking Stone Age song was terrific.

Flow-wise, it's going well, El-Mel.

Good. I know most will dig the songs, but the flow is not nearly as good overall as the next part.

Suture Up Your Future is the shit.

But like I've said before, it's not that heavy a riff, I wouldn't even say it's metal. Live versions of The Fly are close to being that heavy.

I don't think it's close to The Fly. The Fly is a couple of notes in distortion and wah. Blackest Eyes is tuned down on heavy power chords and overdrive.

It's going to be a tense election. The Nationals will unfortunately likely outpoll Labour, but because minority parties are so important in the Kiwi system, there's a good chance Labour could still form government if people like the Greens do well.

And good god. I wonder how these people would deal in the civilised world where the guy wouldn't be fried in the first place. I guess that for them, the Enlightenment is just something that happened to other people.

That sounds a little familiar. I can only hope for you that your Greens pull together, your Nationals implode in a violent fit of self defeat, and Labour whore themselves to your minor parties to cement enough seats. Have Labour lost favour now? I thought Clarke was great, from everything I'd ever heard.

Good. I know most will dig the songs, but the flow is not nearly as good overall as the next part.

Suture Up Your Future is the shit.

Your song choices are consistently quality. Less acoustic this time, too, which is a good progression.

What is that some kind of rap song? :wink:

If you listen to the two you hear some huge similarities between the verses. Not the same but by my ear they sound a bit alike.

The verses? Ronson plays an eight note riff into a chord, with Edge working pedals on a 2 note sustained riff.

What is that some kind of rap song? :wink:

If you listen to the two you hear some huge similarities between the verses. Not the same but by my ear they sound a bit alike.

I think I was the one who started a thread on that in EYKIW a while back. It's supposed to be a glam rock song, so evoking '70s Bowie was only natural. If anything, it's a rip-off of T. Rex's "Children of the Revolution," which Bono even sings for the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

"You're So Great" is a cracking song, El-Mel. Sure, it may be about drug addiction, but it worked for The Lady Friend's birthday mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom