Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your PARENTS listen to Eminem?

Suddenly my mother's collection of Dido and Boney M and shit seems tolerable.
My sister got my mom into Emimen (mom thinks he's hot), and mom got dad into him (dad thinks he's funny and badass)

Outside of that, dad listens to Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Creedence Clearwater, Revival, and Black Sabbath.

Mom listens to U2, Duran Duran, R.E.M., Beck, and basically anything that was popular on MTV between 1981 and 1996 or so. Especially a lot of bad 80s one hit wonders.

That is so fantastic. :yippie:

Funny story--so this is a family vacation we're on. Family reunion. But me and the girl like roller coasters, so we're going there for two days. Anyway, my parents are here, too, so since I flew with my girl, I had my mom bring the ring with her, just in case they asked about it at security. So then, my mom accidentally leaves her purse (containing the ring) on a plane at a layover. She told me, and I was like, "We're gonna miss our flight!" I didn't get it, cuz I'd forgotten she had the ring. Later, while the girl was in the bathroom, my mom told me she was lucky she got the purse back and "it's still in there! I checked!" to which I almost cried out, "HOLY SHIT!" in realization of what was almost lost.

I'm not entirely sure how I'm still functioning right now. Four hours of sleep is barely any better than none at all for me.

I can usually function on 2 or 3, but prefer 6-7. Any more than that and it's tough for me to sleep the next night.

Funny story--so this is a family vacation we're on. Family reunion. But me and the girl like roller coasters, so we're going there for two days. Anyway, my parents are here, too, so since I flew with my girl, I had my mom bring the ring with her, just in case they asked about it at security. So then, my mom accidentally leaves her purse (containing the ring) on a plane at a layover. She told me, and I was like, "We're gonna miss our flight!" I didn't get it, cuz I'd forgotten she had the ring. Later, while the girl was in the bathroom, my mom told me she was lucky she got the purse back and "it's still in there! I checked!" to which I almost cried out, "HOLY SHIT!" in realization of what was almost lost.

good one your Mum :doh:

at least if you get nervous you can blame it on the rollercoaster :D

thank god the ring was still there! :D

good one your Mum :doh:

at least if you get nervous you can blame it on the rollercoaster :D

I won't get nervous. I didn't when asking permission from her parents, so this should be easy as pie.

Oh, and the best part was that my dad left his hat on a plane when they went to Florida in December. So she was nagging him ceaselessly about remembering his hat when we were getting off the plane--so much so that she forgot her own purse.

My sister got my mom into Emimen (mom thinks he's hot), and mom got dad into him (dad thinks he's funny and badass)

Outside of that, dad listens to Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Creedence Clearwater, Revival, and Black Sabbath.

Mom listens to U2, Duran Duran, R.E.M., Beck, and basically anything that was popular on MTV between 1981 and 1996 or so. Especially a lot of bad 80s one hit wonders.

Sentence does not compute.

And your dad would :lmao:

:yikes: Well ... Pink Floyd, U2, REM at least?

My father used to have reasonably cool tastes, he drummed in a band and everything, but now he's in his fifties, works as an accountant, and has grey hair. In his world, the Rolling Stones are still rock gods rather than toothless rock dinosaurs.

My mother's tastes I suppose have always been hit and miss. Sure, she loves Talking Heads, U2, Queen, and so forth, but she also loves the aforementioned dodgy music.

I won't get nervous. I didn't when asking permission from her parents, so this should be easy as pie.

Oh, and the best part was that my dad left his hat on a plane when they went to Florida in December. So she was nagging him ceaselessly about remembering his hat when we were getting off the plane--so much so that she forgot her own purse.

you asked her parents? :cute:

80s one hit wonders aren't so bad. Rickrolls wouldn't exist without those, so there's that.

I can usually function on 2 or 3, but prefer 6-7. Any more than that and it's tough for me to sleep the next night.

Any less than 7.5 is pretty worthless for me. I actually find on 3-4, I seem get by better than on about 6 or so. Right now I feel like I'm proving that. If I'd got 6 hours, I'd probably be dealing with a thunderous headache right now.

I'm keeping a little sidenote stat on every list this time around: songs I already had that said person has in playlist.

YLB: 6/38
LM: 3/38

That's a cracking statistic. I think I had somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of the songs on your list, not too sure. Again, it's not that big of a factor for me - context is more important.

"Cherub Rock" = The Pumpkins rocking the fuck out before they got all lame and brooding. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom