Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2008, 02:51 AM   #676
The Male

Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Every one goes through life picking up new things every once and a while... at least most do. You can learn to use a whole array of emotions, but that doesn't mean you switch genders as a result of it.

I don't like penises, yet I have one. I love boobies, does this mean I should have boobies? No, it doesn't.
You're holding yourself back, man. Think of the possibilities.

Now.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:51 AM   #677
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'm moderate and even I can't see how someone who's read up could possibly support the death penalty. I understand the surface appeal, but not much else.
The death penalty is my issue. I wrote a six page epic paper on the issue and got a 100% from my very conservative English teacher.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:51 AM   #678
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
The biggest issue to me (and to NSW, I believe) is the death penalty. The economy and ending the war are right behind it.
I'm not sure which I'd view as the biggest issue personally, the environment or social justice. I suppose they tie together as the social environment we create within the physical environment. I mean, we're pretty fucked without a decent environment to live in, and I don't want to live in any society rife with injustice, marginalisation, and inequity. The situation of the Aborigines here in Australia, for example, nauseates and sickens me beyond words.

If I were in the US, then ending the war would be right up there too.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #679
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
If David Lynch directed it, there would be a different opinion on this.

It's one of the most twisted love stories ever, plus it's got some great effects/camera work for the time period.
this is true.

i've seen like three or four hitchcock movies, and i guess i've seen all the right ones as i think they're all fantastic.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #680
Blue Crack Distributor

War
Economy
Everything else with Environment having a slight edge
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #681
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't get involved in environmental issues because I hate nature. It bores me and gives me allergies. Fuck.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #682
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Ha.

As far as issues go, there's only two I'd say definitively have a right side and a wrong side: gay rights and the death penalty.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #683
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
That may be word for word everyone's response here in the superthread when talking about abortion a month or two ago.
My two cents:

Abortion should be legal, but it shouldn't be used as a birth control method. Some sort of records should be kept, so that if a woman gets more than two or three abortions, she can be counseled about her sexual practices.

I use birth control, but no method is 100% effective. If through some fluke I ended up pregnant, I'd certainly want the option to have an abortion.

I'd also like to add that the morning-after pill (which is not to be confused with the so called 'abortion pill', as the morning-after pill actually prevents conception), should be more easily available, when needed.

And schools should definitely be teaching safe sex practices, rather than that stupid 'abstinence-only' crap which doesn't accomplish a damn thing.

And condoms. Condoms should be fucking everywhere, and everyone should be using them. They should put them in cereal boxes as prizes.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #684
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
this is true.

i've seen like three or four hitchcock movies, and i guess i've seen all the right ones as i think they're all fantastic.
4 of the 6 I've seen are in my Top 50. That's pretty good.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #685
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Every one goes through life picking up new things every once and a while... at least most do. You can learn to use a whole array of emotions, but that doesn't mean you switch genders as a result of it.

I don't like penises, yet I have one. I love boobies, does this mean I should have boobies? No, it doesn't.
I'm sorry but that is incredibly narrow-minded. Everyone should have a right to be who they feel they are inside. If they feel they are a different sex inside then they should be able to make the transition. It is basic human freedom.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
All I've seen of his is The Big Sleep, and that is my least favorite Bogie Movie. Why he decided to add more scenes with bogie/Bacall just because they were recently married is beyond me, it ruined the film for me.
Oh, I've never watched all of The Big Sleep, to be honest. I have been meaning to but since noone seems to know exactly what the hell goes on in it, I get sort of put off by that. But he's a great director and you should definitely check out more of his stuff, he worked in like a million genres too. The Cary Grant movies of his are always good.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 AM   #687
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
My two cents:

Abortion should be legal, but it shouldn't be used as a birth control method. Some sort of records should be kept, so that if a woman gets more than two or three abortions, she can be counseled about her sexual practices.

I use birth control, but no method is 100% effective. If through some fluke I ended up pregnant, I'd certainly want the option to have an abortion.

I'd also like to add that the morning-after pill (which is not to be confused with the so called 'abortion pill', as the morning-after pill actually prevents conception), should be more easily available, when needed.

And schools should definitely be teaching safe sex practices, rather than that stupid 'abstinence-only' crap which doesn't accomplish a damn thing.

And condoms. Condoms should be fucking everywhere, and everyone should be using them. They should put them in cereal boxes as prizes.
Fuck yes. You win.

Now.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #688
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Oh, I've never watched all of The Big Sleep, to be honest. I have been meaning to but since noone seems to know exactly what the hell goes on in it, I get sort of put off by that. But he's a great director and you should definitely check out more of his stuff, he worked in like a million genres too. The Cary Grant movies of his are always good.
I'll maybe check him out then. I was really turned off by The Big Sleep, as a director, that was some poor work.

I understand the plot a little better now that i've seen it twice, but Jesus, the movie doesn't even really get started til about an hour and 15 minutes in
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #689
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I'm sorry but that is incredibly narrow-minded. Everyone should have a right to be who they feel they are inside. If they feel they are a different sex inside then they should be able to make the transition. It is basic human freedom.
It's quite unnatural. I don't see how it relates to human freedom.

I don't have much opinion on it, but I don't think it relates to gay and lesbian issues, or civil rights issues. I think it's a totally different thing.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #690
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post

Damn straight.

Anybody who thinks abstinence-only education actually works needs to look up from the script for a second and have a look at the data.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread