Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 AM   #661
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The males, anyway.

I'd rather get the economy fixed, honestly. But I'm biased.
There's something I agree on. But pshhh why should anyone pay attention to something so unimportant
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 AM   #662
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Are we talking about Hitchcock now?

I saw The Birds in 3D when I was five with my family at Universal Studios. It's a miracle I'm not completely phobic of birds now.
__________________

__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 AM   #663
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Ok, I think I'll take this moment to say this:

I've seen 3 Hitchcock movies (in recent times enough for me to remember what they are about, I saw a LOT of his films between the ages of 5-10)

They were: Strangers On A Train, Rear Window, and North by Northwest.

I'm about to get shot for what I'm going to say, but, Strangers aside, I do NOT get the appeal for Hitchcock.
All Rear Window and North by Northwest seemed to be were thinly veiled sexual inuendo, and super cheesy, convenient plots. Honestly I wasn't even close to impressed.


You may put me before the firing squad now.
Be glad NSW isn't here to read this.

I'd try and relate to you right now, but I'm too tired to be that sympathetic. That's cool if you don't like the guy, as long as you acknowledge his importance to suspense/thriller genre and film as a whole, it's no big deal.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #664
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I think abortion is way overblown as an issue. I'm much more worried about other things.
But politicians need their precious moral panics to keep the voting sheep onside. Won't you think of the poor politicians trying to stay in a career!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #665
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Be glad NSW isn't here to read this.

I'd try and relate to you right now, but I'm too tired to be that sympathetic. That's cool if you don't like the guy, as long as you acknowledge his importance to suspense/thriller genre and film as a whole, it's no big deal.
I know, I know it would hurt him inside.

Like I said, I really have only seen those three, I'm gonna keep checking them out because, I really DID like Strangers on A Train, I thought that one was fantastically well done.

I don't know, the other two were just...not what I was expecting at all
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #666
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
agreed, awesome movie.
If David Lynch directed it, there would be a different opinion on this.

It's one of the most twisted love stories ever, plus it's got some great effects/camera work for the time period.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:46 AM   #667
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
A guy's a guy, and a girl's a girl, and that's that to me. I'm not saying that both have to be radically masculine or feminine, that would be ridiculous, but they were born that specific gender for a reason. Circumstance and environmental issues (not global warming, guys) breed that thought, not actual genetics and shit.
But you should be who you want to be. You can't run away your whole life from your identity. If they feel they should be a different gender than they have every right. Think of it like this: life is a journey you may start out as one person and one gender but life can take you places that change you.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:46 AM   #668
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:14 AM
The biggest issue to me (and to NSW, I believe) is the death penalty. The economy and ending the war are right behind it.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:46 AM   #669
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Do you like Howard Hawks, Ashley?
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #670
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I know, I know it would hurt him inside.

Like I said, I really have only seen those three, I'm gonna keep checking them out because, I really DID like Strangers on A Train, I thought that one was fantastically well done.

I don't know, the other two were just...not what I was expecting at all
I'm a relative novice on Hitch's work, too, so don't feel too bad. Rear Window and North by Northwest are two of my favorite films, along with Psycho and Vertigo. I will agree that The Birds is pretty overrated, while Marnie is just plain bad. Still need to see Strangers.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 AM   #671
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Do you like Howard Hawks, Ashley?
All I've seen of his is The Big Sleep, and that is my least favorite Bogie Movie. Why he decided to add more scenes with bogie/Bacall just because they were recently married is beyond me, it ruined the film for me.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #672
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
The biggest issue to me (and to NSW, I believe) is the death penalty. The economy and ending the war are right behind it.
I'm moderate and even I can't see how someone who's read up could possibly support the death penalty. I understand the surface appeal, but not much else.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #673
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I'm a relative novice on Hitch's work, too, so don't feel too bad. Rear Window and North by Northwest are two of my favorite films, along with Psycho and Vertigo. I will agree that The Birds is pretty overrated, while Marnie is just plain bad. Still need to see Strangers.
GOD! How did I forget Psycho! Jesus, I loved that movie.

I knew how it ended, and was still tricked into believing that couldn't possibly be how it ended. That was f'in epic.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #674
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
But politicians need their precious moral panics to keep the voting sheep onside. Won't you think of the poor politicians trying to stay in a career!
Ha.

As far as issues go, there's only two I'd say definitively have a right side and a wrong side: gay rights and the death penalty.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:50 AM   #675
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
But you should be who you want to be. You can't run away your whole life from your identity. If they feel they should be a different gender than they have every right. Think of it like this: life is a journey you may start out as one person and one gender but life can take you places that change you.
Every one goes through life picking up new things every once and a while... at least most do. You can learn to use a whole array of emotions, but that doesn't mean you switch genders as a result of it.

I don't like penises, yet I have one. I love boobies, does this mean I should have boobies? No, it doesn't.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com